• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT40| Killed by the Architects

At least pilot servitor moves around more, before I would just sit at the starting door and shoot him, at least it's making you move around more

X-Frame

All I want is Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer but for Destiny.

Survive X (10?) number of waves with gradually more enemies and stronger ones, no respawn (only revives) and you get good rewards.

Lock me in a room and just unleash the Darkness upon my Titan.

Namikaze1

The salt was too much.

I'll probably do the CoE just once for the grimoire. The PvP changes is what I'm most looking forward to anyway.

edukate

so this is the 'big' April reveal, huh? Old school time attack mode. I dig it.... but waiting this long you would think th-- ahhh who am I kidding.

-Added Trials-like progression card to PoE

-Added checkpoints to PoE

aka stuff DGAF talked about almost a year ago. DGAF confirmed as secret Bungie designers.

Her Fury - new queen sniper

ei4JN6r.jpg

HER FURY!

"Bosses aren't sponges. You're going for points"

This all seems solid to me. Should be fun to play with some of my IRL buddies who don't actually raid. Overall, I am pleased with what they showed today. I need that new 335 LL! Gotta be ready for Trials.

Trakan

I'm guessing a lot of that stuff is placeholder and only exists in their test environment. I'm guessing you won't get a guaranteed 335 drop, weapon nodes unlocked, etc.

Dez_

I'm interested enough in the April update. Didn't really play too much PoE and I do enjoy doing score attacks from Halo. Yeah, I'm in.

All I want is Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer but for Destiny.

Survive X (10?) number of waves with gradually more enemies and stronger ones, no respawn (only revives) and you get good rewards.

Lock me in a room and just unleash the Darkness upon my Titan.

Yeah, this is pretty much what I'd always hoped PoE would be like. Combination of ME3 and Gears 3 Horde mode, even a CoD Zombies kinda vibe. The score stuff is fine but it would've taken a much more fundamental re-tooling to realize this vision.

There was also a disturbing lack of Taken Skolas hype.

Oh man, this sounds legit. Are the PoE objectives damage done, time limited or other?

There's a time-limit before they start removing points but it doesn't seem too punishing. They have 4 rotating score modifiers, one active each week. In the stream, there was a modifier for precision kills giving bonus points, future weeks could be for melee kills etc.

Top Bottom