• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

deviant1

For those DGAFers who use a Vita for remote play, how is the experience? My wife and I are expecting our first child in a few weeks and I'm debating picking up a refurbed OLED Vita to be able to just grind some PVE stuff while in the hospital and also while my wife hogs the TV at night time.

Will I need a memory card just for remote play?

Lnkn52

This man
image.php

approves the Vita life. Ofcourse overall satisfaction will be based on how good a WiFi connection you have.

For those DGAFers who use a Vita for remote play, how is the experience? My wife and I are expecting our first child in a few weeks and I'm debating picking up a refurbed OLED Vita to be able to just grind some PVE stuff while in the hospital and also while my wife hogs the TV at night time.

Will I need a memory card just for remote play?

Bungie did a great job mapping controls for Vita Remote Play. Grinding PvE is so comfortable and you can even do some strikes with friends if they are understanding that your connection may not be the best. I've done it in hotel rooms, coffee shops, friends' houses.

Just make sure that you ethernet the PS4 to the router and have a strong/stable connection (wifi or phone hotspot) at hospital. This will help reduce the lag and disconnects

And don't forget to pair the Vita to the PS4 before the big day... Be a shame to be at the hospital and realize you can't connect to your PS4 because you forget to pair them ahead of time.

Pretty nice replacement to my quest CT-D I’ve been rocking since TTK PS4 launch; Two To The Morgue w/ Rangefinder and Danger Close, Field Choke and Rifled Barrel. Aggressive Ballistics would probably make it perfect but it still OHK’s just fine and I’m enjoying the handling boost. I'm with Wiped in that I wouldn't know what to do with a good sniper roll but shotguns speak to me.

deviant1

Thanks for the input guys, I decided to pull the trigger on the Vita. It will be used mainly for Destiny remote play but I have quite a few PS+ Vita games I have acquired that should make it a worthwhile purchase.

Thanks for the input guys, I decided to pull the trigger on the Vita. It will be used mainly for Destiny remote play but I have quite a few PS+ Vita games I have acquired that should make it a worthwhile purchase.

If you have PS+ games acquired, then you will definitely need a memory card.

So are the Totems and CoE my only options for a high light ghost shell? Stupid 320 ghost is holding me back on all my characters.

The Nightfall can drop one as well based on your LL, so you'd be one of the few happy for a shell drop. :) Farming CoE is probably your best bet however since the runs are so short.

Ryck

Gunsmith finally has an Arminus-D with Counterbalance.(rank 3 package) Been holding onto that package forever.

So are the Totems and CoE my only options for a high light ghost shell? Stupid 320 ghost is holding me back on all my characters.

I picked up a bundle with an 8GB card and 2 games for $150.

CoE. Just got a 335 ghost today. Or at least up to a few light levels from your current one

So, RNG smiling on me
LDR 5001 finally dropped on rank up package.
Did a hard Crota raid, and managed to get Word of Crota and Abyss Defiant (yeah, i know, lTTP). Now o farm for that Crux....
Soloed Crota, and got Swordbreaker
CoE rank up gave me Last Battle (ship)
Nightfall. End of game loot was a crappy shotgun, nevertheless, i managed to get Darkblade Spite (fusion rifle)

Now i just need someone to run me through Golgoroth on hard (have checkpoint) to get the missing calcified fragments and the shroud

Need a 335 chest piece to get my hunter to 335

Pretty nice replacement to my quest CT-D I’ve been rocking since TTK PS4 launch; Two To The Morgue w/ Rangefinder and Danger Close, Field Choke and Rifled Barrel. Aggressive Ballistics would probably make it perfect but it still OHK’s just fine and I’m enjoying the handling boost. I'm with Wiped in that I wouldn't know what to do with a good sniper roll but shotguns speak to me.
I would take this over a party crasher

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There will be a Newbie Vault of Glass tomorrow at 9pm: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform?usp=send_form

Good opportunity to see it if you never have before or revisit the Vault and play with some Year 1 weapons for nostalgia's sake.

Should have offered some more specifics, lol. This is Thursday, June 2nd at 9:00PM EST for VoG newbie raid.

Sign-ups are here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/viewform?usp=send_form[
Still 4 spots for the moment, anyone is welcome.

VoG these days tends to go very quick even with full newbie groups.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Gunsmith finally has an Arminus-D with Counterbalance.(rank 3 package) Been holding onto that package forever.

Do I want this counterbalance Arminus without braced frame? Or do I wait for braced and counter to be paired together?

WeTeHa

How would you feel if PoE was more horde mode flavored and had endless waves incorporating the current CoE point system?

Not a friend of endless.
I'd like a lighthouse-type reward for pve though.
I'd like a horde mode with 50 waves (think of 1 PoE room as 3 waves) that get increasingly difficult with checkpoints. Add a couple bosses that rotate weekly every couple of waves, a few mechanics and stuff like checkpoint. Add a scorecard with boons and stuff and you can only get to the "lighthouse" if you complete the activity without wiping and done.

Still waiting for a Persistence/Braced Frame/Counterbalance Arminius. Believe.

Can that even roll on arminius? I thought persistence and CB was in the same slot on that gun. Could be wrong, I've never given it much thought.

sajj316

How would you feel if PoE was more horde mode flavored and had endless waves incorporating the current CoE point system?

Give it to me .. tier the reward system based on points accumulated and/or waves completed. If you can complete the max number of waves .. make it lighthouse equivalent for end-game PvE

EDIT: There you go WeTeHa .. I like you!

aarcane

Still waiting for a Persistence/Braced Frame/Counterbalance Arminius. Believe.

Unfortunately, the Arminius can't roll both Persistence and Counterbalance, it's one or the other. You're likely to get stuck with crap like Surrounded or Danger Close for the other perk.

Edit: Damn my slow typing!

Last Trials weekend vs this past one for PS4:
  • 267,744 accounts participated, 38,099 flawless
  • 217,071 accounts participated, 29,247 flawless
A 19% dip in participation and a 23% dip in flawless.

Maybe Trials won't continue to get sweatier; maybe the pros will leave for OverWatch.

I think it will only get sweatier John. I wish all the pro's would go to Overwatch so I can drag my scrubby self to Mercury more often lol.

nowai

Can that even roll on arminius? I thought persistence and CB was in the same slot on that gun. Could be wrong, I've never given it much thought.

You are correct. Counterbalance with Persistence can only currently be obtained on the DoP.

They are in the same slot on the Arminius-D.

I know the old PoE stuff never counted for bounties / grimoire or anything. Not sure if the CoE does. Raids also don't count annoyingly. Thankfully I've got all my grimoire.

What are you missing / need to finish off?

Tier three of most mobs. I seem to be about halfway or more on each.

Where can you find some Hydra to kill? I guess the Hydra during Archon Priest strike don't count? I'm done with all other enemies, I think, and I only have like 130 Hydra kills... :/

Go on patrol on Mars, head to where the vex teleporter thingy is that takes you to the black garden area. A Hydra spawns there every 30 seconds or so if you wipe out all the ads in that area. Its a few hobgoblin and minotaurs. I sat on a rock with icebreaker and killed them all. Would do 15 minutes every now and then to slowly increase my numbers.

The only Hydra that won't count are any yellow health majors / ultras. Any red health bars all count towards your total. so there are a few strikes where you can get a couple.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ugh I am so freaking sick of not having matchmaking in this game.
I've been sitting here for near a half hour signing into people's fireteams in the recruitment part of the Destiny app, sending messages for invites and then never receiving an invite or a response at all.

Just wasting time here because I need a fireteam for PoE challenge mode.

Top Bottom