• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

shermas

Go on patrol on Mars, head to where the vex teleporter thingy is that takes you to the black garden area. A Hydra spawns there every 30 seconds or so if you wipe out all the ads in that area. Its a few hobgoblin and minotaurs. I sat on a rock with icebreaker and killed them all. Would do 15 minutes every now and then to slowly increase my numbers.

The only Hydra that won't count are any yellow health majors / ultras. Any red health bars all count towards your total. so there are a few strikes where you can get a couple.

Bro, I haven't patrolled in Mars in so long, I almost forgot the area you're talking about... I'll give that a shot.

Time to pull the Ice Breaker out of the Vault.

*random side note* - for me, getting an Ice Breaker to drop was so great... Still one of the all time Destiny moments for me in Year 1. Changed the entire game for me last year.

Getting back in the swing of things now. Played a few days of IB and being casually playing on and off most of today.

I stopped playing way before the april update.

Finally got to 320 with my Titan, How do I get the last 15 light, The grind seems to be taking forever. Blues are decrypting below 300 and I rarely get purples. Spent 60 ToC in strinks and got a couple of exotics like maybe 5, bad luck I guess.

Playing on Xbox sucks, DGAF never seems to be doing raids on Xbox One :/

shermas

Ugh I am so freaking sick of not having matchmaking in this game.
I've been sitting here for near a half hour signing into people's fireteams in the recruitment part of the Destiny app, sending messages for invites and then never receiving an invite or a response at all.

Just wasting time here because I need a fireteam for PoE challenge mode.

I've had pretty good luck with the official app. Create your own team instead of sending messages. I'm usually bombarded with messages after a minute or so. Some people click in the app to join your team and others will just spam your inbox when they see your post. It's been faster than LFG or Reddit or here (xbone) for me.

shermas

Getting back in the swing of things now. Played a few days of IB and being casually playing on and off most of today.

I stopped playing way before the april update.

Finally got to 320 with my Titan, How do I get the last 15 light, The grind seems to be taking forever. Blues are decrypting below 300 and I rarely get purples. Spent 60 ToC in strinks and got a couple of exotics like maybe 5, bad luck I guess.

Playing on Xbox sucks, DGAF never seems to be doing raids on Xbox One :/

Find a raid group on LFG. You can get some great infusion fuel. CoE is the other best option. And IB, when it comes around again. Blues are garbage (good for armor and weapon parts).

Or run Vanguard strikes. You can get strike specific gear up to 335 (I think) and the vanguard packages will drop up to 330, as will your faction packages. If you have a lot of motes, use them to rank up your faction. Or wait and buy Heavy Ammo and use that to rank up your faction. All the vanguard/crucible/faction packages drop up to 330.

I had over 2000 motes, so I used a lot of them for faction packages.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've had pretty good luck with the official app. Create your own team instead of sending messages. I'm usually bombarded with messages after a minute or so. Some people click in the app to join your team and others will just spam your inbox when they see your post. It's been faster than LFG or Reddit or here (xbone) for me.

I'll try that. Cause so far joining a team in the app and then sending a message on the Xbox has gotten me a 0/8 success rate

I've been sitting here for near a half hour signing into people's fireteams in the recruitment part of the Destiny app, sending messages for invites and then never receiving an invite or a response at all.

You mean CoE? If you need one I need to do it on my warlock

Oh, youre on xbox. Im on PSN. Shame

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
And it turns out notifications are not working for me.
Finally had someone reply asking if I was going to join and realized that the system is not working as intended

shermas

And it turns out notifications are not working for me.
Finally had someone reply asking if I was going to join and realized that the system is not working as intended

That happens to me on xbox sometimes. I think, if my game falls 'asleep' or if I get kicked to orbit due to being inactive, when I come back on, I won't get notifications or something. I have to restart the Xbox. Super annoying.

I ran my first HM raid today (never have time and don't have a crew), using a group from the recruitment app. Got a 335 machine gun, 335 chest, 335 fusion, 335 Telesto, 335 legs, exotic engram, 334 dish towel.... And we didn't finish oryx bc someone messed up on bombs (we were trying to do the challenge). I was nuts for not trying it earlier. So much infusion goodness.

That happens to me on xbox sometimes. I think, if my game falls 'asleep' or if I get kicked to orbit due to being inactive, when I come back on, I won't get notifications or something. I have to restart the Xbox. Super annoying.

I ran my first HM raid today (never have time and don't have a crew), using a group from the recruitment app. Got a 335 machine gun, 335 chest, 335 fusion, 335 Telesto, 335 legs, exotic engram, 334 dish towel.... And we didn't finish oryx bc someone messed up on bombs (we were trying to do the challenge). I was nuts for not trying it earlier. So much infusion goodness.

It is ridiculous the amount of loot you can get from the raid now. If the loot had worked like this from the launch of TTK I think more people would have hung around a bit longer.

I've got so much 335 gear that I started infusing stuff I didnt use or ever have the intention of using. I've stopped that now and I'm currently stacking up on materials for the next expansion whilst completing my faction exotic collection.

shermas

It is ridiculous the amount of loot you can get from the raid now. If the loot had worked like this from the launch of TTK I think more people would have hung around a bit longer.

I've got so much 335 gear that I started infusing stuff I didnt use or ever have the intention of using. I've stopped that now and I'm currently stacking up on materials for the next expansion whilst completing my faction exotic collection.

I'm kicking myself for not trying it earlier. We had a 312 dude with us and two guys that had never done the raid (even on normal) and we wiped once at war priest, once at golg and three times at sisters (panicked running). Totems were fine. It took us a long time because guys kept dropping out for five or ten minutes after each fight (phone calls, real life stuff, etc), but it was great.

MechDX

Dude you're on my friends list. If you see me on I'll run it. Tag is DX

Wait, what app are you using??

MechDX

A wild DX appears! There you go True, he'll run with you. Sup DX.

Yeah. Took 4 months off from this game....again. Gets frustrating when you can not find a raid group and can't level up. I never used that LFG garbage out of principle.

I think he was referring to the official Destiny app on iOS or Android. There is a new feature that lets you do LFG style things to form groups.

I have the official app. Didn't know you could do that.

WipedOut

Yeah. Took 4 months off from this game....again. Gets frustrating when you can not find a raid group and can't level up. I never used that LFG garbage out of principle.

I have the official app. Didn't know you could do that.
The Xbox broke so I switched to PS4. You still just have the Xbox?

This seems woefully researched, and based more on Bungie's promises than the actual outcome they delivered.

"Engrams guaranteed to grant an item with Light value higher than your total Light"
"Non-Exotic Engrams now grant items up to 310"

These two items contradict each other. I've had plenty of Legendary Engrams that did not decode to a higher value than my light level.

"Lvl 41 Prison of Elders drops gear up to 320 Light"

I might try and run a PoE just to see, but I have rarely gotten anything close to 320 from normal Prison of Elders.

"Woefully researched" is a bit extreme but it's not perfect. The contradiction is actually a typo, the first line is supposed to say "exotic engrams higher than your total light" which is true until you reach 334. Then exotic engrams, and all loot drops that can be 335 max, will be either 334 or 335. It's dumb but also one of the few flaws with the new LL system. Keep in mind drops in general (from Banner, the raid, faction packages, etc) are based on your character's total light, and can be as much as 6 light above your total LL.

As for legendary engrams, like I said that line was actually a typo. Also for some strange reason any time an engram decrypts to a higher quality level (a blue engram becomes a purple, or a purple engram becomes an exotic) then the LL is much lower. Another unfortunate goof with the new system but otherwise the progression up to max light has been dramatically improved with the April update.

shermas

Three CoE's complete for the week.... And three Final Duty pulse rifles obtained. Bungie, pls.

The last one dropped at 334. When I was 334. Bungie, pls, pls. :)

Two questions:
1) Is Destiny dad? My PSN friends list seems to indicate that it is.
2) If so, should I cave and buy Overwatch?

1) Look at the times of the last two posts. Yes

2) Its considered a great game by a lot of people, so maybe. If you played the beta this would be easier.

Waldini

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Finally managed to have a LDR-5001 drop from the Vanguard.

*sigh*

Eye of the Storm
Skip Rounds, Rifled Barrel, Casket Mag
Mulligan

Not exactly a PvP wonder.

sajj316

Two questions:

At this point, I'm entertaining the idea of getting on LFG for raids :( There are still a few GAFers who are on consistently. It usually gets more active on special events like IB. Trials is not for everyone (including me). Maybe I'll get on Trials for the bounties and some loot.

Lee

Two questions:

1) It's definitely sleepy on the Xbox side. However I LFGd for a group to run the raid last night and it took me no time at all, lots of people on LFG.net.

2) I've spent three long nights playing Overwatch so far. It's fun, but not early-days-of-Destiny-fun, if that makes sense. It's a lot more fun when you have a full team of people who you enjoy talking with and playing with. Makes a huge difference vs. playing with quiet people or too-competitive people or solo, but I guess that goes for any game. It's not hard to learn - a few of the characters are pretty similar in builds to Destiny. There is definitely a learning curve/skill gap though. I consider myself pretty good in Destiny PvP - frequently go flawless x3 and all that - and I don't feel like I'm a very good Overwatch player, at least not yet. $60 also feels a little overpriced; I was able to gameshare with my brother, so $30 each feels much more reasonable to me.

ch4fx_

NOOB CONFESSIONS:

- Until a few weeks ago, I had NO idea that one could buy weapon upgrading materials at the tower. Prior to learning this helpful bit of information, any mats I obtained were found by luck &/or YouTube.

- In the early days of vanilla Destiny.. I remember seeing motes of light on the ground & thinking they were a different type of engram, then getting mad when I couldn't find said "loot" in my inventory.

- I remember finally getting my Malice &, knowing absolutely NOTHING about the gun, I couldn't figure out why I kept dying. Thankfully the guys I was playing with at the time were nice enough to point out the guns purpose, otherwise I'm afraid to think of how long it would have taken me to figure it out.

- I can't tell you the names of most of the enemies in the game, but I can describe them pretty damn well; "shield dudes", "those fucking eyeballs", "small blue guys", "the balls coming at my face", ect.. ect..

- I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON AT TOTEMS.

Bro, I haven't patrolled in Mars in so long, I almost forgot the area you're talking about... I'll give that a shot.

Time to pull the Ice Breaker out of the Vault.

*random side note* - for me, getting an Ice Breaker to drop was so great... Still one of the all time Destiny moments for me in Year 1. Changed the entire game for me last year.

A moment's silence for the year 1 game-breaker. I got one really early as a drop and used it almost as a primary in a lot of content, including VoG.

TDYK, IB and Void Swarm was my go to loadout and could get me through pretty much anything.

sajj316

NOOB CONFESSIONS:

- Until a few weeks ago, I had NO idea that one could buy weapon upgrading materials at the tower. Prior to learning this helpful bit of information, any mats I obtained were found by luck &/or YouTube.

- In the early days of vanilla Destiny.. I remember seeing motes of light on the ground & thinking they were a different type of engram, then getting mad when I couldn't find said "loot" in my inventory.

- I remember finally getting my Malice &, knowing absolutely NOTHING about the gun, I couldn't figure out why I kept dying. Thankfully the guys I was playing with at the time were nice enough to point out the guns purpose, otherwise I'm afraid to think of how long it would have taken me to figure it out.

- I can't tell you the names of most of the enemies in the game, but I can describe them pretty damn well; "shield dudes", "those fucking eyeballs", "small blue guys", "the balls coming at my face", ect.. ect..

- I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON AT TOTEMS.

Convo last night was hilarious .. believe me, you're not alone! Materials were at the Crucible Quartermaster (if I remember). Now they are at the Vanguard Quartermaster.

ocean

Banned
I imagine that's certainly possible to do, but the friend I play with is not that great and we always have to recruit a 3rd person from DestinyLFG since we are on Xbox One. Given the limited skill base I'm working with, I don't believe we can expect to get 45,000 points per run.
45k doesn't require skill tbh just patience.

The basics:

- There's a finite amount of enemies, triggered at different intervals of the boss' health bar.
- There's a modifier which buffs a certain type of kill, which gets stronger every round (meaning round 1 is whatever and round 3 is the most important).

There is a negligible time penalty. Meaning take your time and make sure every single kill is done with a melee or grenade or whatever the modifier is. Once every single enemy is dead, hurt the boss - but only enough to trigger an enemy wave. Rinse and repeat.

Bonus points but not necessary: if you have Radiance or a Tether pop them immediately since you can make orbs while still getting modifier-buffed kills.

Another not-needed bonus for 45k: shoot enemies in the leg to take a bit of health away but not kill them, then your buddy goes for the modifier kill and you gain extra points for the Assist.

Three CoE's complete for the week.... And three Final Duty pulse rifles obtained. Bungie, pls.

The last one dropped at 334. When I was 334. Bungie, pls, pls. :)

At 334, I think it's basically a 50/50 chance that something (that can drop at 335) will drop at 334 or 335.

And at 335, loot can still drop at 334.

At 334, I think it's basically a 50/50 chance that something (that can drop at 335) will drop at 334 or 335.

Its an odd thing. Several runs with warlock. At 334 got 2 ghosts at....334
One run at 333, got another ghost at .... 335

Hunter run at 334, got a dregs promise at 335. Had 2 exoctic engrams to decript. Did it with hunter at 335. One decript at 334, the other at 335.

Go figure

Its an odd thing. Several runs with warlock. At 334 got 2 ghosts at....334
One run at 333, got another ghost at .... 335

Hunter run at 334, got a dregs promise at 335. Had 2 exoctic engrams to decript. Did it with hunter at 335. One decript at 334, the other at 335.

Go figure

RNG gonna RNG. With the new system, loot can drop up to... what, 5 or 6 points above ypur current light level? So essentially from 329-330 light onward, 335 gear can start dropping. The odds of getting it will just improve a bit as you climb to 334.

This is why, that even though I have 3x 335 charactes I don't bother being 335 when handing engrams in anymore. As long as I am 333-335 it never really makes much difference. Means I don't have to keep swapping gear around whilst I'm levelling different bits of gear up.

hooray!

Did they gas you to sleep or did you get a needle into your gums

I've had the latter, it's painful.
Needle in the gums. Had to numb it a lot, cause the infection is so bad. They couldn't even stitch it up. Gotta let the infection drain out. Good thing half my face is numb right now, cause that would probably taste nasty.

Feel so much better tho. I was having a hard time playing video games(or doing much of anything) even tho I'v gotten the pain under control. I got dizzy/light headed really quick from movement. Couldn't even drive to the dentist Tuesday I was so light headed had to drag my Mom to help.

What lesson have I learned from this? Don't put problems off.

Oh and I got my apartment this week! Can't move in tell July 1st tho. Hope I can get internet going relatively quick.

Top Bottom