• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Deku Tree

The only DGAF reset scrubbing team is live @ http://www.twitch.tv/ji66aman

We're also running HUDless as a handicap for the 1st run.

Honestly what's so hard about no-HUD in a PvE raid that you've done over 100 times already? Do you really look at your radar that much? You can look at your gun to see your ammo count. Your team mate can tell you when your super is up. And for your health bar just try not to get hit.

Honestly what's so hard about no-HUD in a PvE raid that you've done over 100 times already? Do you really look at your radar that much? You can look at your gun to see your ammo count. Your team mate can tell you when your super is up. And for your health bar just try not to get hit.

Try it and find out. :p

100 wipes later, i'll wait for your post.

NO HUD literally means NO HUD.

You can't see any timers, buffs or debuffs.
No radar, no ammo indicator.
Can't tell if you have a super or if your team mates have theirs.
No boss or enemy health bars, no normal/major enemy indicator.

Want to snipe a boomer/knight but you don't have special ammo? Can't tell until it's too late.
Got unstable light? Good luck not blowing up your whole fireteam.
Holding gaze or have Aura during Warpriest? Have to keep a manual count of the timer. Same goes for totem timer, deathsinger's power, daughters' timer, etc etc.

E92 M3

I guess the timers are the hardest part - everything else is second nature.

darthbob

If you're on PS4, your controller will tell you this as well. :p

Okay, it's reset day, and enthusiasm and attendance are at all time lows. So, here's something new you can try for today's Oryx CM.

Use Swords on the shade:

giphy.gif

I always used a sword as a runner, and so when the shade came charging when there were no Warlocks in the shadow realm, all I could do was make Wei Ning proud.

Deku Tree

Want to snipe a boomer/knight but you don't have special ammo? Can't tell until it's too late.
Holding gaze or have Aura during Warpriest? Have to keep a manual count of the timer. Same goes for totem timer, deathsinger's gaze, daughters' timer, etc etc.

So the only big issue is basically having to keep track of a bunch of manual countdown timers and counting your ammo or reloading a lot? (And jumping out of the Golgoroth damage pool earlier and doing more rounds to prevent unstable light.) Your reset team is the 0.1% of the 0.1%.

LTWood12

Deku Puh-lease

So the only big issue is basically having to keep track of a bunch of manual countdown timers and counting your ammo or reloading a lot? (And jumping out of the Golgoroth damage pool earlier and doing more rounds to prevent unstable light.) Your reset team is the 0.1% of the 0.1%.

Like I said, try it and come back to me after a hundred wipes :p

Also no, we didn't do any extra cycles for any boss. Couldn't one-cycle WP but that was due to someone dying, it should be doable HUD less.

WeTeHa

Anybody up for a full CoE card? bringing my titan.

Also, does anybody have an oryx cp?
I'd be interested in running oryx CM x3. Anybody else? Let's say 4pm EST or something like that. bonus points if you can bring a cp :p

1. WeTeHa

Deku Tree

Also no, we didn't do any extra cycles for any boss. Couldn't one-cycle WP but that was due to someone dying, it should be doable HUD less.

How do you avoid unstable light at Golgoroth without knowing who has it?

Deku Tree

Holding gaze or have Aura during Warpriest? Have to keep a manual count of the timer. Same goes for totem timer, deathsinger's power, daughters' timer, etc etc.

I believe the screen changes colors

Oh I thought Ruthless was saying that you can't see the effect when you have no HUD.

Hedera

Anybody up for a full CoE card? bringing my titan.

Also, does anybody have an oryx cp?
I'd be interested in running oryx CM x3. Anybody else? Let's say 4pm EST or something like that. bonus points if you can bring a cp :p

1. WeTeHa
2. hedera_
Count me in. Also don't mind doing it another day to accommodate more people.

Ji66a-Man

There was an extra cycle on Golgoroth because Stabie disconnected during the 2nd cycle. We had to cease fire so we didn't kill Golgoroth before he reconnected.

Congrats, and I couldn't have said it better myself. DGAF has so many good folks (including my raid crew) and Drizzay is up there at the top. He's helped me out more than once and I can't thank him enough!

Well, I was able to find a couple pieces of evidence from the vault...

(side note: you mentioned that your Longbow has a Longview scope, so I wanted to mention that if it's the SLR10 version that's a great PvP scope but if it's the SLR20 variant then the zoom is way too high for PvP).

Year 1
o54IboK.jpg

Year 2 aka stupid win-based MM
Rlw3riS.jpg

Agreed! Xplicit is still my hero for getting my hunter to mercury:)

Tell him to go easy on the doughnuts, we wouldn't want your character to get chubby. Kappa
sorry X, couldn't resist :p

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for doing this for people & that we (DGAF) are very lucky to have you guys around here. In a game full of "your LL isn't high enough" or "MUST HAVE (insert OP weapon here)", it's nice to know there's still some good people out there willing to help others simply just to help. Cheers dudes, thanks again!

Hmm that picture looks familiar, haha. Great post ch4fx! Many thanks to everyone for the kind words and positive vibes in the thread.

Dave_6

(side note: you mentioned that your Longbow has a Longview scope, so I wanted to mention that if it's the SLR10 version that's a great PvP scope but if it's the SLR20 variant then the zoom is way too high for PvP).

It's the SLR20 version. I'm not the best sniper anyways so it's all a wash. Still gonna keep practicing though.

Tell him to go easy on the doughnuts, we wouldn't want your character to get chubby. Kappa
sorry X, couldn't resist :p

Hmm that picture looks familiar, haha. Great post ch4fx! Many thanks to everyone for the kind words and positive vibes in the thread.

Hahaha Krispy Kreme doughnut!

Couldn't one-cycle WP but that was due to someone dying

Aka I scrubbed it up when I tried to use controller vibration to tell when the brand was about to expire... but forgot I'd recently turned vibration off. Derp. Honestly flawless wouldn't be that hard. Besides my scrub there and Unstable's disconnect, I can't remember many (if any) other deaths.

Of course we need to add the asterisk that Bombastico was cheating like the scrub he is.

WeTeHa

Sure, no mic tho. GT: GongStation

okay.

Use bad juju
get as many kills with your super as possible
try do remove the bomb in the second round by standing in it
don't damage boss in the last round until all 3 flayers are dead, makes it a lot better

1 more?

Gong

okay.

Use bad juju
get as many kills with your super as possible
try do remove the bomb in the second round by standing in it
don't damage boss in the last round until all 3 flayers are dead, makes it a lot better

1 more?

Just grabbing sigil and gear

Noooo :(. If I can't find anybody today I'll do it tomorrow/thursday :p
If today is a no go, i'd be up for tommorrow/tuesday if you'd have me. I promise not to zone out at golgoroth this time:). Also, I promise to sing 90's songs with you:p

@ Drizzy, Xplicit was just having a hard time because of the scrubby gear my hunter had! Noodle guns are the main ingredient for doughnuts!

I think Xplicit started out using my 314, unupgraded, Last Word so that speaks volumes about the quality of my other primaries:p Still, i'm happy you and Igor helped Xplicit help me:) Trials is a team effort!

Striker isn't good for this week. Neither for orb generation nor for mob kills.

Edit: oh mindlog, we just finished the run for the weapon. I may do 1 or 2 more runs later for the armor.

Defender, Blade dancer and Stormcaller is the best combo imo.

Defender puts up bubble and makes 6 orbs, punch with force barrier for more orbs. Any artifacts with orbs on melee kills will help.

Bladedancer with encore and Stormcaller will do all the killing.

You can crack 60k+ score in a single run easy, bladedancer will cross 30k if you're good.

WeTeHa

If today is a no go, i'd be up for tommorrow/tuesday if you'd have me. I promise not to zone out at golgoroth this time:). Also, I promise to sing 90's songs with you:p

I'm mainly looking to get challenge done, since I'm tired of just getting shards as drops :p
The amount of loot per time invested is so much better in challenge mode.

Though if we don't get a oryx cp I can do one full run.

E92 M3

@ Drizzy, Xplicit was just having a hard time because of the scrubby gear my hunter had! Noodle guns are the main ingredient for doughnuts!

I think Xplicit started out using my 314, unupgraded, Last Word so that speaks volumes about the quality of my other primaries:p Still, i'm happy you and Igor helped Xplicit help me:) Trials is a team effort!

Glad to see you guys are still singing 90's songs even with me not there :p

I'm mainly looking to get challenge done, since I'm tired of just getting shards as drops :p
The amount of loot per time invested is so much better in challenge mode.

Though if we don't get a oryx cp I can do one full run.
I'd be happy with Oryx cm x3 as well, only missing that CalFrag on my titan. Never did the raid on my other characters, but two extra shots at a harrowed helmet for that ascended shader are most welcome:). I'd only be doing a full run for golgoroth loot anyway, and that has no rush:).

@ E92, always welcome for the singalong:p

Top Bottom