• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

zewone

We already know Destiny 2 was delayed, so all the cool shit they've thought of are probably being saved for that game.

Basically, my expectations are low.

next week intro E3 is main stage

Stuff from D2 was "taken" to do this DLC

So part of what we see next week is going to be main stage at E3?

By "taken" are you implying more of that really annoying enemy race? Or a reference to things being physically moved from D2 to this DLC?

"Size" is such an amorphous thing in Destiny, though. What if they have more strikes than TTK but those strikes are just going backwards through old areas? What if they have 50 new quests but half of those quests involve collecting materials or shooting X number of enemies?

What I've heard is that they're aiming to make it feel as substantial as the first two DLCs combined, but I have no idea what that means, because when it comes to Destiny size could be anything. I don't even know if they're adding new areas. We'll see next week. All I know for sure is that there's a new Fallen-themed raid.

Taken from the thread over on gaming side from press sneak fuck

Too late
QWB8G7.gif

With certain snipers already having high AA I find Hidden Hand useless. For me firefly is more useful and is the main reason why I get so many double and triple snipes. Between my hidden hand LB and firefly LB I use the latter 99% of the time. And Bungie thought they actually nerfed scopes but they are much better for mid to long range than ever.

I can believe that. Igor loves his Firefly 1kYS. I don't have the playtime to get a lot of god rolls & the Trials sniper has God roll perks: short gaze + performance bonus + QuickDraw/snapshot + hidden hand. Best I can hope for. But you are right that Hidden Hand probably doesn't help at that point.

I'm almost tempted to swap it up for scout/shotgun going forward if I'm going to play with 2 snipers.

I can believe that. Igor loves his Firefly 1kYS. I don't have the playtime to get a lot of god rolls & the Trials sniper has God roll perks: short gaze + performance bonus + QuickDraw/snapshot + hidden hand. Best I can hope for. But you are right that Hidden Hand probably doesn't help at that point.

I'm almost tempted to swap it up for scout/shotgun going forward if I'm going to play with 2 snipers.

I have recently switched back to shotgun as a secondary most the time, with only using sniper on certain maps and my game has improved massively. Shotguns fit my style much better. In 3s it is probably always worth having at least 1 shotgunner for when people get in your face. Unless you are a team of 3 MLG Pro sniping gods.

predictions-
-Going to take place on Earth
-Raid is going to take place in VoG but with fallen
-6 new exotic weapons
-9 new armors across all classes
-2 new strikes
-6 new PvP maps
-light level rising to 360

FyreWulff

We already know Destiny 2 was delayed, so all the cool shit they've thought of are probably being saved for that game.

Basically, my expectations are low.

I have never heard a developer say "hey, you know this cool thing that we could do right now? let's save it for the next game" if they have the engine support for it.

FyreWulff

Yeah, raids so far have all been unique geometry, outside of the first part where they're connected to the main world.

I hope raid entrances being in patrols comes back. It's cool how you can randomly stumble on a VoG team opening the raid, but Crota and King's Fall are their own instances.

Trakan

I have never heard a developer say "hey, you know this cool thing that we could do right now? let's save it for the next game" if they have the engine support for it.

Their mindset is not letting D2 become another D1 in terms of public perception.

Did Bungie reveal TTK at E3? I feel like we got the reveal first and then saw MP maps at E3 along with the subclasses.

Their mindset is not letting D2 become another D1 in terms of public perception.

Did Bungie reveal TTK at E3? I feel like we got the reveal first and then saw MP maps at E3 along with the subclasses.

Yeah it was revealed in the Sony press conference. The multiplayer was on the floor. The following days had more information come out and a ViDoc

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You can send the person our way, We can take them through it, we have 1 spot open.We are starting at 5est though
Er, sorry, I wasn't even home at that point and don't know if they'd been able to join.

My apologies to Valthael and hoggert. I will see about rescheduling for Saturday afternoon if you guys happen to be available.

WipedOut

Er, sorry, I wasn't even home at that point and don't know if they'd been able to join.

My apologies to Valthael and hoggert. I will see about rescheduling for Saturday afternoon if you guys happen to be available.
Val was able to join us. He got a praetorian foil and fatebringer on his first ever VoG

In a week this will fire up with the reveal

Yeah, for sure. Don't get me wrong, I'm still like JD in that gif. As discussed in Discord, I haven't caught OW-Fever and Doom is the only recent or upcoming game that's gotten me truly hyped. Can't wait for Destiny to be exciting again, and fingers crossed that Rise of Iron will bring something back. I'm not expecting anything like TTK-levels but still optimistic within reason.

It was in the far right hand corner just as you zone in for patrol. Right on the small ledge that drops down into a little cave entrance under it. Right in the corner. There was a patrol beacon right beside it.

Oh, so it was just a random patrol chest? Ack! That's... So random!

Thanks, time to start opening chests again.

Oh, so it was just a random patrol chest? Ack! That's... So random!

Thanks, time to start opening chests again.
I got the Jovian Guard gloves today from a Sublime Engram that dropped in patrol - totally anecdotal but I feel like Sublime engrams drop for me more often in patrol lately.

Top Bottom