• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Dthomp

I love watching Burrito stream, it's like watching a mirror image of myself running head first into trouble :)

Byf spends more time making content than he does playing the game. Makes sense that his guesses for what is coming are far fetched. Having listened to Destiny Radio podcast a lot of the stuff he comes out with when predicting next content is usually wrong. His strength is making lore videos

Should have still posted it, see if anyone in the Destiny community starts to threaten Jason with death threats...

Thankfully the destiny community is not that toxic. I hope so at least. And why would i do something to get jason more death threats. Also, i dont reddit :p

Lnkn52

ieeTeWA.png

Thankfully the destiny community is not that toxic. I hope so at least. And why would i do something to get jason more death threats. Also, i dont reddit :p

You can imagine though

"It's Jasons fault that Destiny is so fractured and we're getting yet another expansion! He can't keep getting away with this!"

Jschrier is a beast~<3

I've been trying LFG for the past 15 minutes looking for a raid .. incredibly frustrating.

That's not an answer to my question though. I do understand the frustration that you're feeling.

It's obvious that right now Destiny traffic is way down. So if a site like LFG which exists to bring together like minded capable raiders isn't working out, how would matchmaking for raids in Destiny improve this?

How do you deal with:
- casuals who have no experience (no idea how raids work, no idea how much time it takes, etc)
- people with no mic
- people who get frustrated and quit because they aren't getting phat lewt right away

Maybe Bungie knows this experience would end up hurting raids in a very big way. I dunno, I just see failure upon failure if this were implemented unless they could come up with a way to qualify people based on raiding experience etc.

I have no idea how they could make that work and for people to like it.

Just need lfg in game. If other games with "raids" can deal with lfg/MM so can destiny.

Something as simple as having an area of the tower where you can congregate to form groups. Have the bar be where you can approach an ipad thing to create a raid group and people can sign up to ones there.

Having MM straight from the director would be bad in my opinion. But an ingame LFG is the way forward.

My personal experience with LFG has been horrendous and I've always ended up leaving groups that are just not understanding concepts / being a massive waste of my limited gaming time.

I don't have experience with other games that do MM for raids. How do they do it?
The most experience iv had with lfg is GW2. Basically you just start up a raid/mission and you type in what you need lvl, pp, etc. and they can join by clicking. So you can type in don't join if you have no mic for example for Destiny.

Never had any issues with groups in GW2. And if people did leave it wasn't long before someone joined. I just don't get why people are so uptight about just having the option there for people.

Random MM would be terrible for raids. Leaves out being able to set up certain rules and no one is a leader. MM should be implemented with missions and not just strikes. Would be nice if they did it with NF.

sajj316

The most experience iv had with lfg is GW2. Basically you just start up a raid/mission and you type in what you need lvl, pp, etc. and they can join by clicking. So you can type in don't join if you have no mic for example for Destiny.

Never had any issues with groups in GW2. And if people did leave it wasn't long before someone joined. I just don't get why people are so uptight about just having the option there for people.

Random MM would be terrible for raids. MM should be implemented with missions and not just strikes. Would be nice if they did it with NF.

That would be fantastic! Hit "join" on the GUI and boom .. raid time.

Never had any issues with groups in GW2. And if people did leave it wasn't long before someone joined. I just don't get why people are so uptight about just having the option there for people. Random MM would be terrible tho for raids. MM should be implemented with missions and not just strikes.

Even World of Warcraft has a similar system(No, not the LFG matchmaking system because apparently that doesn't count), where it's a sort of list of parties looking for people to join. You can type a little description, IE 'LF x or Y, have Z experience' and you click it, then request an invite. Then the maker of that post can check you out.

Let's not pretend that these systems for raiding haven't existed before in video games.

Heck, what Bungie could do in the case of adding matchmaking, is have the requirement that you need to have beat the raid Twice on 1 character before being able to matchmake. People aren't idiots, and having a simple requirement like that would keep out the people who didn't know anything about the raid while opening it up for the people who don't have time to look for group elsewhere.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're going to need three more. As much as randoms would be better than a certain person they do stuff like idle and fall off ledges.

I have done Crota 3 times this week. It's still fun and quick
Did it solo on my hunter. Got some year one weapons for collection purposes.

Just to chip in the "no match making" for raids.

Was doing totems with a group. Know them all, we have done some year 1 raids in the past.
We were doing the hard raid. Some of us were not at all familiar with the mechanics. The more experienced people were not very patient, and we're not very clear explaining what to do. Suffice to say there were a few wipes. We did manage to kill it in the end, but by then it was all a bit of a choir. Golgoroth, well, best things are left unspoken.

All this to say that raids can be tricky with a group of friends, a group of randoms with matchmaking sounds like the stuff nightmares are made off.

Just my 2 cents

Even World of Warcraft has a similar system(No, not the LFG matchmaking system because apparently that doesn't count), where it's a sort of list of parties looking for people to join. You can type a little description, IE 'LF x or Y, have Z experience' and you click it, then request an invite. Then the maker of that post can check you out.

Let's not pretend that these systems for raiding haven't existed before in video games.

Heck, what Bungie could do in the case of adding matchmaking, is have the requirement that you need to have beat the raid Twice on 1 character before being able to matchmake. People aren't idiots, and having a simple requirement like that would keep out the people who didn't know anything about the raid while opening it up for the people who don't have time to look for group elsewhere.
Yep. &#128077;&#127995;

I think MM for raids is being held back because of the expectations it would set for future content having that feature. By not giving Destiny's end game content MM they can set players expectations to be that for all future content. This allows them to know that in future end game content they can create mechanics for PvE that require the coordination of a well formed private group.

There currently isn't a good reason to prevent MM from the end game content available now but it ensures that they are free to continue the trend if the content demands it.

I've always been pro MM for Destiny. Every single event in game needs MM except for raids.

NF and coe are the two biggest offenders right now. There is no good reason why these events don't have MM other than Bungie wants you to tell your friends to get online.

Trials could work with MM if they had two playlists. Premade teams and match made teams. I know this divides the player base in two for trials, but it would be the only fair way to allow MM in Trials.

Raids shouldn't have MM. But it should absolutely have an in game lfg/server browser. There is no good excuse either. Lfg is a defacto sever browser now, just on pc instead of in game.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Old raids was more fun besides the reasons mentioned, was that we always got a chance to get an exotic multiple times. Getting the horn was like the holy grail. There is no feeling like that in year two.

The gear in the old raids felt special too, because they had perk combinations not available elsewhere. The new weapons...cocoon ruins everything. Even the Crota weapons were hype

Old raids was more fun besides the reasons mentioned, was that we always got a chance to get an exotic multiple times. Getting the horn was like the holy grail. There is no feeling like that in year two.
There's no Fatebringer, found verdict, vision of confluence, praedyth's revenge, or Vex either. God damn all the VOG weapons were ill. Y'all still doing pvp?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You get so use to sniping even when you are blinded you still can shoot.

dfdfdfd.gif

It's late night weekends. Always time for PVP.

Top Bottom