• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

chur

Any crucible trains around? Need a break from OverSalt.

PS I ran into rawksaur and LFumas in OW. They slaughtered us.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone say tripmine?
cgfgfgf.gif

fggyty.gif

5656562.gif

yhiijk.gif

PVP train?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I was planting trip mines before even Destiny.

This is my New Vegas character. Go up to a bunch of soldiers, plant bomb, run to hills, boom.

boom1.gif

Anyway. Need one or two more.

ViciousDS

Banned
Anyone care to help me through the sisters and the king himself?

Need 3. My two buddies and I

Normal Mode kings fall at sister's

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'll play again if we can get more people Saj. Running with randoms is something I don't really like doing.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Good runs Den Den and X. Sunsingers continue to be annoying in trials. Got Pariah vest, no difference from regular version.

Good runs Den Den and X. Sunsingers continue to be annoying in trials. Got Pariah vest, no difference from regular version.

GG. Flawless 2nd card was hype. 1st post final boss was not with Triple warlocks. Stormcaller melee is insane to witness 1st hand.. or both hands.

ch4fx_

Thanks for the help tonight DGAF, I really appreciate it. I will see you all tomorrow for,
whatever
. If anyone needs help with a CoE card, or NF, I'll be happy to help.

Two to the morgue with soft and smooth, crowd control, reinforce and exhumed. Keeper?

Meh. Pretty average roll on a less desired archetype. Exhumed is trash and CC doesn't last long enough (5 sec) to be useful in my experience. Reinforced barrel is the only thing that keeps it above a garbage roll, nothing special really.

Trakan

With all the news about Rise of Iron, I got excited thinking about a new expansion again. Then I started to think about just how much I disliked going from Y1 to TTK.

- The infusion system replaced etheric light and was really bad. It's fixed now, but I'm sure it will just change again. I think it would be best for infusion to stay and for any armor to continue to be upgradeable so that there's plenty of unique options out there. If Rise of Iron comes out and you want to rock TTK gear, you should be able to with the system in place how it is currently.

- Exotics are worse in most aspects. Very few actually feel exotic now and most just have something to do with reloading or getting more ammo. I personally hate three of coins and think it ruined the feeling of getting an exotic. I liked the old bounty system and prefer they all be RNG in general. I want them to be worth using again as well. I want the feeling back of using Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker. (I will admit swords are the exception here, but it took shotguns being nerfed back into obscurity for us to get them.) Upgrading your exotics to Y2 is almost as bad as it was in TDB. It's not as RNG based anymore, but you still have to either get it as an RNG drop or pay with marks which are limited before being able to use it again, and re-level it up again with both XP and light.

- Nightfalls used to be one of the things I looked forward to in Y1. Now, the modifiers are all worse and they're not fun to do at all. Burns do less damage. Armor is in the loot pool. You don't get the cool blue flames or the experience buff anymore. (The one they lied about and said XP would be increased in other areas to make up for it but never was.) The NF rotation in general has been awful and why they haven't added every strike back to the current light levels is baffling. Nobody cares about the Taken being added to the strike, Bungie. The weekly strike used to also be fun in Y1, usually having a burn and being easy to run through. Now they just throw you into a heroic playlist.

- Bounties used to be more fun in Y1 and were a great way to quickly level up weapons and armor. Now they all give shit XP and aren't even worth doing. You're better off playing a strike or even patrol.

- Weapons in general feel bad compared to Y1. The amount of shitty useless perks was increased exponentially diluting the pool and made getting a good roll painful to get. A lot of the weapons inventories are bugged too so "carry more ammo" perks don't even work on them.

- Armor in general is in a worse state. It now takes forever to level up a new piece of armor and they split up some good blanket perks into a bunch of single ones. You now have to be lucky enough to obtain like 8 different weapon reload speed gauntlets and switch between them every time you change weapons. They also threw light onto your ghost and cosmetic item as an arbitrary way of limiting the speed at which you level up. Now everyone looks the same.

- PVP is a fucking mess. Sniper AA. SBMM. I won't even say any more.

- Trials is infinitely worse in almost every way. The loot is worse. The matchmaking is worse. Why am I trying harder than ever to get to the lighthouse to get some shitty weapon with shitty perks and no element on it? The armor was just all reskins from last year.

- Raid drops. Let's ignore the fact that they weapons suck and don't have elements, I'll get to that in a minute. They may be fixed now, but when the raid was at its most played, they were terrible. Moldering shards were a great idea, but implemented poorly. Why can I get a moldering shard drop with 20 moldering shards taken from me? That's insane.

- Elemental primaries being gone make the game feel like a chore to me. They were a great endgame reward and made the game more enjoyable to play. Luke Smith gave some bullshit reason about making secondaries/heavy more important but you can't switch weapons without losing ammo. If I did see a differently shielded enemy and wanted to switch to a different secondary or heavy, I wouldn't even be able to.

- Endgame loot in general took such a step down. Nobody uses the raid/trials weapons. They don't drop at max attack/light anymore. They don't have elements. Bleh.

I still enjoy Destiny because of the gameplay itself, and they did make some positive changes with TTK, but ultimately I miss Y1. Here's to hoping that Rise of Iron fixes some stuff.

sajj316

Thanks for the help tonight DGAF, I really appreciate it. I will see you all tomorrow for,
whatever
. If anyone needs help with a CoE card, or NF, I'll be happy to help.

No problem. System crash on daughters meant I was SOL. Thankfully I was able to reboot the PS4 again after a few tries this morning. Sucked just leaving you guys after we found a replacement for Psipher with Tacoz. Awesome tips Psipher. Always took right with Warpriest and first time taking the middle.

D_psipher

No problem. System crash on daughters meant I was SOL. Thankfully I was able to reboot the PS4 again after a few tries this morning. Sucked just leaving you guys after we found a replacement for Psipher with Tacoz. Awesome tips Psipher. Always took right with Warpriest and first time taking the middle.

No problem. Just passing the info I got from another gaffer around. The game was kinda buggy last night though. Me not keeping an eye on my ammo and having to reload on that last aura kill had me face palming, lol. But you guys where clutch with that kill.

With all the news about Rise of Iron, I got excited thinking about a new expansion again. Then I started to think about just how much I disliked going from Y1 to Y2

Yep. You hit the nail on the head.

You know what else is bs though? When Bungie showed off the missing exotics in the TTK trailer. Thagomizers and Astrocyte Verse are two examples. They were even viewable on Bungie's armory page before and after launch. Now they are completely gone.

So, in a small way, this is false advertising. Why put these exotics in the trailer but not in the game?

Y2 was way better than Y1. Sure stuff became redundant (and still is, transmog pls bungie) but TTK was amazing, The story was insanely good and it was backed up by a year of refined gameplay. We got 3 awesome new classes, lots of new stuff and my personal favorite raid. Not to mention a story with a clear beginning and end.

I do worry about Rise of Iron.

• How will they expand our classes?
  • What is the threat going to be?
  • New weapon types? (axe is just a sword)
  • Will we have 2 sets (4 if you count TDB+HoW) unusuable legacy gear?

Not to mention if it is Iron Lord related then it seems a weak story thread. Sure I like Saladin and the Iron lords are cool but can you really base a DLC around that.

Got a horrible feeling it's going to be much smaller than TTK

Trakan

Yep. You hit the nail on the head.

You know what else is bs though? When Bungie showed off the missing exotics in the TTK trailer. Thagomizers and Astrocyte Verse are two examples. They were even viewable on Bungie's armory page before and after launch. Now they are completely gone.

So, in a small way, this is false advertising. Why put these exotics in the trailer but not in the game?

Absolutely. That sort of advertising is shady as fuck, and it's not the first time they did it. They did it with 347 Vesta Dynasty in promotional images for HoW. I'm pretty sure they did it again in preview images of the April update with the Solarlord and Voidlord.

I guess technically TTK lasts until RoI launches, so they have time to release them.

But yeah, complete bullshit.

Absolutely. That sort of advertising is shady as fuck, and it's not the first time they did it. They did it with 347 Vesta Dynasty in promotional images for HoW. I'm pretty sure they did it again in preview images of the April update with the Solarlord and Voidlord.

I guess technically TTK lasts until RoI launches, so they have time to release them.

But yeah, complete bullshit.

To be fair 347 vesta was datamined. Not shown off.

Bold One

With all the news about Rise of Iron, I got excited thinking about a new expansion again. Then I started to think about just how much I disliked going from Y1 to TTK.

- The infusion system replaced etheric light and was really bad. It's fixed now, but I'm sure it will just change again. I think it would be best for infusion to stay and for any armor to continue to be upgradeable so that there's plenty of unique options out there. If Rise of Iron comes out and you want to rock TTK gear, you should be able to with the system in place how it is currently.

- Exotics are worse in most aspects. Very few actually feel exotic now and most just have something to do with reloading or getting more ammo. I personally hate three of coins and think it ruined the feeling of getting an exotic. I liked the old bounty system and prefer they all be RNG in general. I want them to be worth using again as well. I want the feeling back of using Gjallarhorn and Icebreaker. (I will admit swords are the exception here, but it took shotguns being nerfed back into obscurity for us to get them.) Upgrading your exotics to Y2 is almost as bad as it was in TDB. It's not as RNG based anymore, but you still have to either get it as an RNG drop or pay with marks which are limited before being able to use it again, and re-level it up again with both XP and light.

- Nightfalls used to be one of the things I looked forward to in Y1. Now, the modifiers are all worse and they're not fun to do at all. Burns do less damage. Armor is in the loot pool. You don't get the cool blue flames or the experience buff anymore. (The one they lied about and said XP would be increased in other areas to make up for it but never was.) The NF rotation in general has been awful and why they haven't added every strike back to the current light levels is baffling. Nobody cares about the Taken being added to the strike, Bungie. The weekly strike used to also be fun in Y1, usually having a burn and being easy to run through. Now they just throw you into a heroic playlist.

- Bounties used to be more fun in Y1 and were a great way to quickly level up weapons and armor. Now they all give shit XP and aren't even worth doing. You're better off playing a strike or even patrol.

- Weapons in general feel bad compared to Y1. The amount of shitty useless perks was increased exponentially diluting the pool and made getting a good roll painful to get. A lot of the weapons inventories are bugged too so "carry more ammo" perks don't even work on them.

- Armor in general is in a worse state. It now takes forever to level up a new piece of armor and they split up some good blanket perks into a bunch of single ones. You now have to be lucky enough to obtain like 8 different weapon reload speed gauntlets and switch between them every time you change weapons. They also threw light onto your ghost and cosmetic item as an arbitrary way of limiting the speed at which you level up. Now everyone looks the same.

- PVP is a fucking mess. Sniper AA. SBMM. I won't even say any more.

- Trials is infinitely worse in almost every way. The loot is worse. The matchmaking is worse. Why am I trying harder than ever to get to the lighthouse to get some shitty weapon with shitty perks and no element on it? The armor was just all reskins from last year.

- Raid drops. Let's ignore the fact that they weapons suck and don't have elements, I'll get to that in a minute. They may be fixed now, but when the raid was at its most played, they were terrible. Moldering shards were a great idea, but implemented poorly. Why can I get a moldering shard drop with 20 moldering shards taken from me? That's insane.

- Elemental primaries being gone make the game feel like a chore to me. They were a great endgame reward and made the game more enjoyable to play. Luke Smith gave some bullshit reason about making secondaries/heavy more important but you can't switch weapons without losing ammo. If I did see a differently shielded enemy and wanted to switch to a different secondary or heavy, I wouldn't even be able to.

- Endgame loot in general took such a step down. Nobody uses the raid/trials weapons. They don't drop at max attack/light anymore. They don't have elements. Bleh.

I still enjoy Destiny because of the gameplay itself, and they did make some positive changes with TTK, but ultimately I miss Y1. Here's to hoping that Rise of Iron fixes some stuff.

I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING

still a fun game mind you

shermas

^^^regarding the list of Y1 versus Y2 stuff:

- The grind has been so dramatically reduced... I remember running VoG, or getting my first legendary weapon to drop, and thinking "how am I ever going to farm enough daily events for shards? I'm never going to fill in all those bubbles." Sitting at Archer's Line, waiting for the WarSat to drop three times, or waiting for the Walker in the Cosmodrome, every day, over and over and over.

- Totally agree on NF. With a great load out and a good team, they were so much fun in Year 1. Some of the modifiers this year are terrible. Trickle, shielded, grounded, etc... All those mods made the game more tedious and hinder the 'fun' that we used to have. I used to run all 3 as soon as I could on Tuesday... Now, I won't run them some weeks, depending on the strike and the mods.

- The heroic/vanguard strikes are super lazy. I used to run all three heroic strikes each week for the marks and I've even stopped doing that. I'm a little tired of the same content over and over. And some of them take much longer than others... It's no wonder people drop out. I agree that adding the Taken isn't amaze balls.

- I miss the weapons of Year 1. For me, that's the biggest difference. It took me a while to get a GHorn to drop (crota death singer) and, other than getting kicked from a couple LFG teams because I didn't have one, it didn't really hinder my experience. It gave me something to chase, made me do VoG and Crota, every week, just hoping for the drop. Running VoG over and over, trying to get the Vex. Sure, RNG is frustrating, but I think having those elite guns and random drops really fed the addiction and chase.

- I think bounties are much improved. We can carry more of them, most of the vanguard bounties and crucible bounties are a joke (they take a few minutes to complete), the IB bounties are pretty achievable. And patrol is a quick/easy way to farm rep and glimmer now. And strange coins.

- CoE is pretty meh. The first couple weeks were fine, but, again, some of the mods make it super tedious. It's boring enough having to run the same arena two (or three) times to get the reward and doing it all three toons can be mind numbing. As a vehicle for solo players to rank up, it's great. As a fun new game mode, it's blah.

Trakan

^^^regarding the list of Y1 versus Y2 stuff:

- The grind has been so dramatically reduced... I remember running VoG, or getting my first legendary weapon to drop, and thinking "how am I ever going to farm enough daily events for shards? I'm never going to fill in all those bubbles." Sitting at Archer's Line, waiting for the WarSat to drop three times, or waiting for the Walker in the Cosmodrome, every day, over and over and over.

- I think bounties are much improved. We can carry more of them, most of the vanguard bounties and crucible bounties are a joke (they take a few minutes to complete), the IB bounties are pretty achievable. And patrol is a quick/easy way to farm rep and glimmer now. And strange coins.

The grind was already fixed long before TTK. I can see how Etheric Light was sort of an endgame thing and wouldn't work from LL 200 up to LL 320, but replacing it with the infusion system the way it worked originally made it more of a grind.

Bounties used to be worth way more XP and were as easy as loading up a checkpoint of a mission and killing a boss. Doesn't get better than that.

Dave_6

Guess I'm going to have to start playing some PvP every day to try and keep my skills up. Haven't played since IB and jumped on today to play the weekly to get some marks; proceeded to get absolutely wrecked (.25 KDR) and we lost by like 10K points. Felt like I had no idea WTF I was doing. Some guy on the other team went 25.0 using Thorn and a Y1 Matador with his full Int/Str Sunsinger.

I mean I have DAYS of game time but only playing PvP during IB is killing me compared to people that play some every day.

Top Bottom