• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

GutZ31

Reddit is for lurking/stealing content from, not for posting ;-)

Reddit be like...

573aca944d0a2.gif

GRIP

Dr Lupo uses mouse and keyboard and no one notices? Dude has actually become a somewhat successful player and cheats...

Dr Lupo uses mouse and keyboard and no one notices? Dude has actually become a somewhat successful player and cheats...

A large percentage of the PS4 community don't consider it cheating due to the high amount of input lag. There was a lot of discussion on it on the PS4 reddit early on when PS4 first came out.

I mean everyone notices/knows about it. Destiny just isn't truly competitive (with a real MLG/pro scene and competitions) so nobody cares. There's no question that it would qualify as cheating and be banned in a real "pro comp" similar to how m+kb isn't allowed in CoD tourneys. I've played him before and posted about it but bottom line is I don't really care.

There are clearly both drawbacks for adapting m+kb to consoles as well as serious advantages. The level of aiming precision he gets with a mouse and Destiny's AA is silly. When you watch him play it's very obvious that he can do things which aren't possible on controller. I think he's a good streamer and does a lot to help people (Trials runs) but I rarely watch his stream because there's nothing for me to learn. His movements and aiming simply don't translate.

Hi, almost one year later.

So, does people still play this after The Division / Over Watch / Batttleborn? (Friends claim that Battleborn is still healthy, not sure what to think).

I'm considering getting the Taken king Expansion on the sale for the summer drought, but I don't plan to play very seriously or devote hours. Can the game still be enjoyed casually?

I think MM for raids is being held back because of the expectations it would set for future content having that feature. By not giving Destiny's end game content MM they can set players expectations to be that for all future content. This allows them to know that in future end game content they can create mechanics for PvE that require the coordination of a well formed private group.

There currently isn't a good reason to prevent MM from the end game content available now but it ensures that they are free to continue the trend if the content demands it.

Bungie needs to find ways to make Destiny more user friendly in general and make it simpler to team up with other people. When I find myself playing things other than Destiny it's because I don't want to take the time to sit there and find a group or organize one in advance. When I come home from work and want to play games, I want to play games. I don't want to mess around with group finding or organizing. On PC with a mouse and keyboard it's not so bad but on a console in a shooter, it is tedious.

So, does people still play this after The Division / Over Watch / Batttleborn? (Friends claim that Battleborn is still healthy, not sure what to think).

I'm considering getting the Taken king Expansion on the sale for the summer drought, but I don't plan to play very seriously or devote hours. Can the game still be enjoyed casually?

The game is as dead now as it's ever been (by far) but plenty of people still play it. Honestly it's a good time to jump in for casual players since you can get it for cheap and you won't be worried about finding raid groups anytime soon. If the game really clicks with you and you want to experience the end game then at least you'll have a leveled up character to use when the new expansion drops in September. That expansion will definitely bring a lot of activity back to the game at least for a little while so it will be easier to find groups then.

For a casual player most of the early game stuff you can do solo (story missions) or with match making (strikes, regular PvP). If you reach some of the mid-game activities like Nightfalls or Challenge of Elders then feel free to post here looking for a group. The thread is pretty dead currently but people still use it for LFG. Let me know if you have any other questions!

I may still have you on the friend list. I still see at least one person playing every day. I was thinking about starting a Titan from scratch, so I will still be doing the old story mode first.

I will only be playing as a way of taking breaks between beating rpg's in my backlog, but no long gaming sessions, I'm afraid. I don't have vacations and Most of my game time now goes to the gym and hiking (compared to the 4-6 hours per day last summer).

Nah, Rise of Iron is the fall expansion. But I wouldn't be surprised to see custom games this year.

Customs are pointless without a browser and even then all it will serve to do is lower the population of matchmaking. Id rather the game just didn't have them.

Rise of Iron seems like such a strange theme for an big expansion.

So, do people still play this after The Division / Over Watch / Batttleborn? (Friends claim that Battleborn is still healthy, not sure what to think).

People will always play Destiny, though Overwatch is the hot new game right now.

Taken King on sale is well worth it, lots of things to do and can get pretty overwhelming for a new player tbh.

My last character is now at... "level 34", post conversion. It will be enough with looking for a faq on how the new levelling system works, I guess. People are still gathering strange coins and waiting for Xur every Friday?

Customs are pointless without a browser and even then all it will serve to do is lower the population of matchmaking. Id rather the game just didn't have them.

Rise of Iron seems like such a strange theme for an big expansion.

The only way I can see customs working is if you get no experience, no loot and bounty or quest completion cannot be done using them.

Personally I'm against the introduction of custom games. It will, as you say lower the population of general matchmaking. Which will make solo players experience even worse.

WeTeHa

Personally I'm against the introduction of custom games. It will, as you say lower the population of general matchmaking. Which will make solo players experience even worse.

I expect custom games to not give any rewards/reputation. I think that means they won't be used much by regular players.

sajj316

My last character is now at... "level 34", post conversion. It will be enough with looking for a faq on how the new levelling system works, I guess. People are still gathering strange coins and waiting for Xur every Friday?

It's more that they've acquired a massive amount of strange coins and just checking if Xur has anything unique. If nothing, 3 of coins or heavy ammo it is.

I've got 49 calcified fragments on my titan and I don't know which one I'm missing. I have all grimoire entries so screwed up by getting one on my hunter or warlock that I did not get with my titan:(

I've got 49 calcified fragments on my titan and I don't know which one I'm missing. I have all grimoire entries so screwed up by getting one on my hunter or warlock that I did not get with my titan:(

You can now track individual fragments per character on bungie.net

Go to My Legend > Progress, and scroll down.

Bungie.net will tell you which ones you don't have per character now.

EDIT: Should have refreshed.

I would love to play a custom game where we could dictate no heavy. Primary and shottie only.

You can already do that now, sure you've got to jump through some hoops but its possible. Personally I don't think customs (at this stage) will make much if any difference
'

sajj316

Ran 2 PVP trains last night with GAF. Good times till close to 4 AM. Trying to hang with BurritoBear, Deadly_Tacoz, and Kadey1up makes you play worse (to start) and better over time :p

GGs last night/early morning all!

WipedOut

Ran 2 PVP trains last night with GAF. Good times till close to 4 AM. Trying to hang with BurritoBear, Deadly_Tacoz, and Kadey1up makes you play worse (to start) and better over time :p

GGs last night/early morning all!
Glad I could join a couple games. Playing PVP while a little inebriated makes it a whole lot more enjoyable.

shermas

If I delete my Hunter and start a new one (as an awoken), all my gear vanishes, too, right? I need to dump everything in the vault? And make sure there's nothing at the post master? Ranking up all those factions again, though.... Oooooof.

I don't even feel like I'm hoarding weapons and I'm almost out of vault space... I had to clear out some non-dupes last night, just to make space for raid drops.

ch4fx_

I'm playing salvage (fuck salvage) for the trophy, assisting in 20 captures. At the end game screen, can I use the number of "deploys" to determine how close I am to said 20?

EDIT - fuck trip mines.

EDIT#2 - the answer is yes, relic hunter complete. thank god that didn't take too long.

FyreWulff

Honestly, I feel the "we can never let KBAM and pad play together" is overblown and mostly about pride. Most of the playerbase will never notice or care in any game that does it. People got pantsed worse by opposing teams before SBMM with both sides using controllers.

KBAM also sucks at close range combat. I remember playing Halo 2 PC and had to use the controller to be good at the game again for any spots other than the sniping encounters.

KBAM v Mouse already happens everywhere on Steam and Origin and there's not even a peep.

sajj316

Glad I could join a couple games. Playing PVP while a little inebriated makes it a whole lot more enjoyable.

Might be on tonight. Not as late but wouldn't mind getting another PVP train or even do a raid. Even if Kings Fall sucks compared to VoG .. It's fun doing it for fun.

Top Bottom