• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I only ever seem to get Sublimes whilst on patrol as well. Always get loads dropping if I farm CoO for a bit.
If I had to guess, I would say the legendary drop pool on patrol is smaller so when RNG favors you the chances of a Sublime are a little higher.

Or its just random and we've been lucky...

chur

Does the Dreadnaught have a higher chance to drop sublime engrams? I feel like most of mine have dropped there.

shermas

I was feeling nostalgic for VoG then I remembered him saying no one was signing up ={

The recruitment app has had a bunch of Crota and VoG sign ups the last couple days... I was about to join up for a Crota kill when someone invited me into KF. Seems like people are running the old ones again, for lols

Does the Dreadnaught have a higher chance to drop sublime engrams? I feel like most of mine have dropped there.

The named chests, yes. I get all my sublimes from them, easy to get 4 per character each week.

That's 12 chances at sublime engrams each week.

Only missing the warlock helmet.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anybody up for -=sees only four people in FR=-, never mind.

I guess this is a good week to play other games.

ZServ

How hard would you guys say Challenge Oryx is? I completed King's Fall a handful of times while the cap was 310, but then fell back into other games. However, as I've started playing again with Taken Spring, I.. really.. need that emblem. Something fierce. So, what kind of difficulty should I be anticipating? Have I already screwed up by waiting this long into the week?

SnakeEyes

Banned
How hard would you guys say Challenge Oryx is? I completed King's Fall a handful of times while the cap was 310, but then fell back into other games. However, as I've started playing again with Taken Spring, I.. really.. need that emblem. Something fierce. So, what kind of difficulty should I be anticipating? Have I already screwed up by waiting this long into the week?
Challenge Mode Oryx is easy as hell. In fact, the method deciphered to beat Challenge Oryx is pretty much now just the standard method to beat Oryx normally.

Kydd BlaZe

The named chests, yes. I get all my sublimes from them, easy to get 4 per character each week.

Thanks for this little tidbit.

I've been hunting for the last piece of Jovian gear for my Titan (helmet) and I just can't seem to get any sublime engrams from anywhere with any sort of consistency.

I would love to see the percentage of people who drop out of strikes in the first 10 seconds. It's unbearable this morning.

It doesn't help that the game often doesn't even find a replacement, forcing you complete the strike undermanned.
I wish there was some sort of restrictive cooldown for repeat-quitters, prohibiting them from doing the same activity again for an increasingly longer periods of time. And if you really need to bail for whatever legit reason (I know I have had to), the cooldown wouldn't bother you because you probably had to quit playing for a while anyways.

SkylineRKR

I think I got about 80% from the dreadnaught, and a small few from elsewhere. Had the full set of Neuromancer and a few of the new Hunter one.

Court of Oryx seems to be fond of them as well.

It doesn't help that the game often doesn't even find a replacement, forcing you complete the strike undermanned.
I wish there was some sort of restrictive cooldown for repeat-quitters, prohibiting them from doing the same activity again for an increasingly longer periods of time. And if you really need to bail for whatever legit reason (I know I have had to), the cooldown wouldn't bother you because you probably had to quit playing for a while anyways.

The funniest thing that happens is when both of the players that left you in that strike keep rejoining you.

I'm in favour of them being locked out of starting another strike for minutes if they quit, or only having your strike available to them until completion by you and the others that match with you (if any do), that would be like they were still in that strike, minus any exp or drops they would've got.

If they add restrictions for quitters they need to do something about the rotation. Getting Undying Mind 6 out of 10 times sucks. Also for the love of God add Sepiks, Phogoth and Nexus while you're at it.

Map rotation in crucible is just as bad.

Which are the 4? I only know about the one that tries to kill you while you open it. I guess the scent one too....

Homeboyd

Won't lie, was slightly jealous over the Praetorian Foil.
a6733b8afae42218a754751f3dcdf2d4.jpg

Which are the 4? I only know about the one that tries to kill you while you open it. I guess the scent one too....

Random key chest from Wormsinger rune - can be repeated if you find another rune
Skyburners security pass chest - can be repeated if you find another command beacon
Scent of the Worm chest - weekly
Taken Consumption chest - weekly

Agonarch rune - weekly, requires fully charged rune but can be cheesed if you have a friend with a charged one.

Crucible can be rough sometimes. 7 straight losses tonight. Hate how whenever I am playing well most wins have 3 or 4 garbage players on our team that get carried, yet if i'm having an off night theirs no one on the team to do the same for me.

Either play like a god or lose at the moment.

aarcane

If the Trials map is a good one (stop laughing), does anyone on Xbox want to run a no-pressure card or two? I've had a couple of unfinished gold bounties sitting on my hunter and warlock for longer than I'd like.

Random key chest from Wormsinger rune - can be repeated if you find another rune
Skyburners security pass chest - can be repeated if you find another command beacon
Scent of the Worm chest - weekly
Taken Consumption chest - weekly

Agonarch rune - weekly, requires fully charged rune but can be cheesed if you have a friend with a charged one.

I can't make the jumps on the Scent of the Worm most times so I've given up on getting that one on all 3 characters every week.

Are you sure about the first two being repeatable within the same week? I think I've tried inserting the Wormsinger Rune a second time in a week and the console doesn't allow it. Same with Skyburners, once I get the 2nd key the door doesn't work a second time in that same week. I could be wrong though.

I can't make the jumps on the Scent of the Worm most times so I've given up on getting that one on all 3 characters every week.

Are you sure about the first two being repeatable within the same week? I think I've tried inserting the Wormsinger Rune a second time in a week and the console doesn't allow it. Same with Skyburners, once I get the 2nd key the door doesn't work a second time in that same week. I could be wrong though.

lol that jumping part is so easy...you can easily do it with 15 seconds to spare.

i've used wormsinger multiple times in week, so it definitely works.

skyburners will not work if you have an active patrol mission

lol that jumping part is so easy...you can easily do it with 15 seconds to spare.

i've used wormsinger multiple times in week, so it definitely works.

skyburners will not work if you have an active patrol mission

The times I did the jumping part for the calcified fragment I had another player with me activating the platforms ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I guess I need to practice it more!

The thing about the Skyburners makes sense, I probably had a mission active.

Top Bottom