• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I agree with somethings on that list but there's definitely some serious rose tinted glasses about y1. Not everything was chocolates and ice cream. Just like not everything about this year was shit.

Nightfalls are terrible compared to Y1. I ran NF three times a week, every week in Y1. In Y2 I've run NF like 15 times, maybe?

Getting rid of the xp buff was silly. I understand the reasoning. Bungie didn't want players to feel forced to run the NF first thing. So they just dropped the xp buff. Instead they should have given us a consumable at the end of the NF. Consuming it would give you the xp bonus, starting at the very beginning of the next reset. This would allow all players to have an xp buff throughout the entire duration of any given week as long as they continue to do the NFs weekly. That's just an idea off the top of my head. Bungie could easily brainstorm a better idea or tweak it.

Lowering rep gains at the end of NF was also total shit. They've sort of alliviated it but I'm not sure if it went back up to the 400 it used to be (and the 500 from weekly strike). Add in the fact that factions can't receive the majority of rep gains, and you have problems.

Then there's loot. NFs should have a guaranteed exotic everytime (Not for all players, but at least one). When all three people get throwaway legendaries, it's lame. Also, NF rewards should be guaranteed 1-5 LL higher than your current gear.

In fact I think Bungie has missed a huge opportunity with rewards in general. You know how there's two reward boxes next to your name in the reward screen? Reward box one should be Weapons/Armor. Reward box two should be Consumables/Mats/Currency/Engrams.

ViciousDS

Banned
Am I the only one who doesn't like the infusion system? To me without it, exotics felt like...... exotics because nothing coukd reach their level. When they introduced infusions, people were just buffing the hell out of legendaries because it was easier than trying to get an exotic up. So it was either make exotics uber on perks or just leave it.

They left it and now exotics outside of maybe a perk and the skin are just another gun to use. To me getting an exotic year one and kind of growing attached to it due to the upgrade system meant I cared more for weapons than others due to the length it took to fully upgrade them. But man once you got it upgraded it felt like such an accomplishment to finally hold the completed weapon in your hands.

Finally put together a T12 build. Happy :)

New feature in Destiny item manager seems to make that much easier and helped me find a combination I hadn't considered.

Mindlog

I'm not particularly fond of Infusion either. Then again "RPG progression" generally isn't my thing. 'Hey your gun is more powerful now because of reasons' is them same thing as 'Press A for Awesome' to me. If progression is really something that the game needs then I'd rather see tiers used more and silly numbers mean less. A 280 Bad Juju is the same weapon as a 335 Bad Juju.

Just like the Legendary Mark uselessness. I dropped marks to pick up a special weapon engram and got nothing out of that. Then I need to infuse stuff, but I don't have any marks because it takes 75% of your potential pool to do stuff sometimes and you only get marks from a few sources and you need to infuse to find out if your T12 piece of equipment will actually be T12 at 335 and... bleh.

Unfortunately I believe future Destiny is just going to double down on the chase.
Instead they should have given us a consumable at the end of the NF. Consuming it would give you the xp bonus, starting at the very beginning of the next reset. This would allow all players to have an xp buff throughout the entire duration of any given week as long as they continue to do the NFs weekly. That's just an idea off the top of my head. Bungie could easily brainstorm a better idea or tweak it.
Well that's an obvious fix. Nice. I would just call it the Speaker's Blessing. A reset after completing the Nightfall the Speaker would have a buff reward just like the Gunsmith and its packages.

*Unrelated. More than once I have accidentally killed an enemy because I forgot I was using Plan C.

Ji66a-Man

Anyone down for CoE sigils or heroic strikes? I haven't run any sigils this week and I also have 2 chars to grind heroic strikes for the faction exotic class items.

ch4fx_

Anyone down for CoE sigils or heroic strikes? I haven't run any sigils this week and I also have 2 chars to grind heroic strikes for the faction exotic class items.

Will you be on for a while? I'm doing a bit of PVP right now, but I'm down to help with either of those afterwards.

sajj316

Really want to finish the raid run from last night. Was at daughters. I'll be on around 11 pm EST to finish it up.

Only 330+ with ToM, Spindle, Fatebringer, 4,501+ grimoire score, 700+ hours of total Destiny game time only. No newbies.

Trakan

Am I the only one who doesn't like the infusion system? To me without it, exotics felt like...... exotics because nothing coukd reach their level. When they introduced infusions, people were just buffing the hell out of legendaries because it was easier than trying to get an exotic up. So it was either make exotics uber on perks or just leave it.

They left it and now exotics outside of maybe a perk and the skin are just another gun to use. To me getting an exotic year one and kind of growing attached to it due to the upgrade system meant I cared more for weapons than others due to the length it took to fully upgrade them. But man once you got it upgraded it felt like such an accomplishment to finally hold the completed weapon in your hands.

I don't know what you're talking about, can you explain it more?

As far as I know legendary items could always be upgraded to the level of exotics.

aarcane

Looks like nobody on Xbox wanted to play Trials. Oh well...

Anyway, finally got around to unlocking Shaxx's weekly bounties. The main one auto-completed, giving me 20 strange coins. Is it always going to be this disappointing?
Yes.

darthbob

As far as I know legendary items could always be upgraded to the level of exotics.

Vex Mythoclast and Necrochasm's Attack Values were a hare higher than any other weapon in their respective eras. 323 and 339 IIRC.

Looks like nobody on Xbox wanted to play Trials. Oh well...

Anyway, finally got around to unlocking Shaxx's weekly bounties. The main one auto-completed, giving me 20 strange coins. Is it always going to be this disappointing?
Yes.
20 coins is excellent. You wait until he gives you ghosts. Or split shifter pro on all 3 characters... you will be glad with those coins.

ViciousDS

Banned

I mean more along the perk lines.....I mean it took forever to upgrade an exotic but they were beast when fully done out. Also exotics didn't need a shard Everytime to bring them up. I loved that exotics started at a base level and you actually gathered materials and upgraded them till the end. Now we just infuse everything. Those who fresh start off don't even use exotics because of the shard requirement to upgrade them. It's easier just to use legendaries for the majority of your experience

ch4fx_

I'll be on until the NBA Finals game 2 tipoff.

PVP lasted longer than expected, sorry about that dude. If you happen to be on the west coast & still have time before the game, I'm down. Otherwise I should be on pretty late tonight & tomorrow night as well. I'll shoot you a FR either way, PSN is same as GAF.

Only 330+ with ToM, Spindle, Fatebringer, 4,501+ grimoire score, 700+ hours of total Destiny game time only. No newbies.

Must also be able to solo Oryx.

ill be around tonight to help with the rest of the raid. taking a break right now & watching Netflix while I'm on patrol, ill be ready in a few hours.

shermas

20 coins is excellent. You wait until he gives you ghosts. Or split shifter pro on all 3 characters... you will be glad with those coins.

Haha. Yep. I completed his weeklies today on all three toons. A split shifter pro was my reward on one dude. I got 20 coins on another, though.

I was mercy'ed in a salvage match in about two minutes during one round... Played with two dudes that seemed to have NO idea how the mode worked. At least it was quick.

I'll be around later to finish the raid, I'll be grinding out planetary materials for the 2 exotic sword quests.

I think I went a little bit insane grinding out those quests... So many loops around the moon. And cosmodrome.

My condolences. The struggle (to stay awake) is real.

tumblr_lmztzfnLSA1qfv5reo1_400.gif

I can do 1 sigil, are you online?

I've got the final class item quests on 2 chars too but no way am I going to grind heroic strikes. Nightfall counts for the quest, so I'll just get it naturally over 10 nightfalls. Stretching out that content till fall, just like bungle :p

Mindlog

Screwing around clearing out a few Crucible bounties hoping for a nice solar sniper that's perhaps PvP relevant.

brrrrrrrrrrrrrp
saQz7P9.png

gtW6v6u.gif

Is that standard FR mid-range or FR mid-long. Need to calibrate the other shots. I thought the stairs would eat a bolt and steal my kill. Next match I played Rift on the same map and went never primary with Plan C.
I like Fusion Rifles.

Really want to finish the raid run from last night. Was at daughters. I'll be on around 11 pm EST to finish it up.

You kid but a lot of us actually meet those requirements. Lol.

sajj316

PVP lasted longer than expected, sorry about that dude. If you happen to be on the west coast & still have time before the game, I'm down. Otherwise I should be on pretty late tonight & tomorrow night as well. I'll shoot you a FR either way, PSN is same as GAF.

Must also be able to solo Oryx.

ill be around tonight to help with the rest of the raid. taking a break right now & watching Netflix while I'm on patrol, ill be ready in a few hours.

Getting back shortly probably in the next half hour?

You kid but a lot of us actually meet those requirements. Lol.

Good point. My standards are too low. Lol

ViciousDS

Banned
We had a decent group last night till the early mornings. We get to the king.......everyone says that's it for me.......ggggaaaahhhhhh.

Guess I'll just wait till the weekend after E3 for that noobie kings fall sign up......since no one wants to apparently ever go past sisters :(

sajj316

Looking to finish up Daughters + Oryx w Challenge (hard mode). If anyone is willing to help out with quick kills, I'd appreciate it.

PSN is sajj316

Otherwise, I'll just PVP to continue with Lord Shaxxxxxx stuff.

Top Bottom