• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

wat

where are you seeing this?

Fucks sake, if PvE takes a backseat in this expansion, I think I'm going to be done with Destiny. And no, PvP isn't the only way you can make a game have longevity. See-Diablo 3, World of Warcraft.

5YkHO1q.png

Shiv47

"Plaguelands" sounds like an awesome place to have a social space, lol. Hopefully this delivers the goods. The hype rises.

Deku Tree

Hope they give us a way to transition from social spaces or make it un-necessary to do so. Was always annoying to fly to the tower to orbit then to the reef etc. Will be more annoying with three social spaces...

Skele7on

Banned
Another thing that got glossed over is that the Xbox page shows the DLC as rated M for mature instead of the previous expansions and the base game, which were all rated T.

Hoping the community in some respects has matured. ¬_¬

I'm sure this is a holding page, as other materials has kept it as Teen.

Plus not finished yet so not rated.

Is this supposed to be $40?

I'm going to reserve my thoughts on it till tomorrow but...for the PvE front, all the info from the bullet points seems disappointing so far. Not even the raid would be enough since I don't like depending on 5 other people to enjoy the game all the time..

E92 M3

Same. Yeah it sucks that there's only one strike, but I'd loved to have the Year 1 strikes that never got pushed forward back, Devil's Lair, The Summoning Pit, and The Nexus. Loved to have them back.

Bungie might go all out and make everything relevant and just let us run loose.

Skele7on

Banned
Same. Yeah it sucks that there's only one strike, but I'd loved to have the Year 1 strikes that never got pushed forward back, Devil's Lair, The Summoning Pit, and The Nexus. Loved to have them back.

2 as one will be PS exclusive, other old PS exclusive will becoming to xbox.

Circle of life.

I will NOT feel bad for last gen. 2.5 years is PLENTY of time to drop that support. It's holding the obviously bigger fanbase of current gen, back.

Bungie might go all out and make everything relevant and just let us run loose.

Eh...naaaah. I don't want to be paying nearly what is a games full price for stuff we already have, with just some new units 'mixed' into it.

I kinda blindly brought TTK, but right now I'm just going to be more critical of what they're offering than before. And if it's just a bunch of old strikes 'brought forward' , then I'm not going to condone that kind of gouging.

E92 M3

That would be nice. I ain't hopeful though.

I am giving Bungie the benefit of the doubt (again).

Eh...naaaah. I don't want to be paying nearly what is a games full price for stuff we already have, with just some new units 'mixed' into it.

I kinda blindly brought TTK, but right now I'm just going to be more critical of what they're offering than before. And if it's just a bunch of old strikes 'brought forward' , then I'm not going to condone that kind of gouging.

The money isn't an issue as long as they make the content replayable and player friendly. No grindy bullshit and I'll pay $60 without question.

Give me that year 3 VoG and CE, Bungie. Please.

Those are fun raids. Very fun raids.

I think they will bring some of the old strikes forward with the plague effect. I'm interested to see how the story missions fare this time around.

The money isn't an issue as long as they make the content replayable and player friendly. No grindy bullshit and I'll pay $60 without question.

When there's a bunch of games taking them up to task(In the other thread someone mentioned Battlefield 1/Gears coming out in the similar timeframe) that offer completely new experiences, then it does become an issue on 'is it worth retreading the same stuff.'

And grindy BS is Bungies thing...thats how they're going to keep you until next may or whenever they release the new game/expansion.

The question for me is, will they offer a PvE mode that is replayable and fun. PvP isn't enjoyable to me because it's so homogeneous.

WipedOut

When there's a bunch of games taking them up to task(In the other thread someone mentioned Battlefield 1/Gears coming out in the similar timeframe) that offer completely new experiences, then it does become an issue on 'is it worth retreading the same stuff.'

And grindy BS is Bungies thing...thats how they're going to keep you until next may or whenever they release the new game/expansion.

The question for me is, will they offer a PvE mode that is replayable and fun. PvP isn't enjoyable to me because it's so homogeneous.
100% agree

Another thing that got glossed over is that the Xbox page shows the DLC as rated M for mature instead of the previous expansions and the base game, which were all rated T.

FINALLY WE ARE GETTING THE MATURE RATING WE DESERVE.

This would be very smart for Bungie have the base game come out as T for teen but all DLC is rated M for mature.

the loss is far too much for such a little gain really.

It's all super dependant on if and how long the reshuffle for D2 will take to produce D2

Are there numbers on accounts active during TTK for last gen and current gen?

I'd really like to know if it's like 90%/10% current to last. I mean pleasing the majority should be the priority now.

Also, things like loading times and buffering between spaces while on patrol/strikes, etc... I'd have to think that stuff would benefit from dropping last gen.

X-Frame

I wonder what the heavy attack ability will be for that giant flaming axe (if we end up getting one).

Oh, and I want a (customizable) wolf companion to travel with me around the Cosmodrone.

WeTeHa

Oooookay, there is no mention of increasing the character level, only lightlevel. Interesting.

Having even 2 "social" spaces was kind of a waste, and now we're getting a third? Kind of hoping the tower gets fucked and the current social space moves to the new one.

spyder_ur

FINALLY WE ARE GETTING THE MATURE RATING WE DESERVE.

This would be very smart for Bungie have the base game come out as T for teen but all DLC is rated M for mature.

Wouldn't it be pretty difficult and pointless given their practice of bundling all content in the game up to that point, which seems like it'll continue with this release.

I'm all for some blood on the snow.

Are there numbers on accounts active during TTK for last gen and current gen?

I'd really like to know if it's like 90%/10% current to last. I mean pleasing the majority should be the priority now.

Also, things like loading times and buffering between spaces while on patrol/strikes, etc... I'd have to think that stuff would benefit from dropping last gen.

I'd be curious, too - I don't think it can be quite that high but it obviously needed to happen at some point.

I don't see how it makes sense to drop old-gen versions and do anything with PS4K/new Xbox though.

Another social space isn't needed. I wish they would just expand the tower. Hate having to go to the Tower for Xur, Reef for Queen, etc. Feel like a goddamn errand boy. I can travel around the freaking earth in minutes but can't get a space cell phone to tell my man Xander 99 that I desperately want to kill 30 enemies without taking any damage.

Dez_

If this new content is rated M, and it's looking all Game of Thrones like, maybe we are fighting zombie fallen, or some Halo Flood like thing.

Also.

PS3 has been out for almost 10 years and XB 360 for almost 11 years.
Not to mention PS4 has been out for 2.5 years.

Dropping last gen makes sense.

Didn't they have to give away USB sticks to 360 owners so they could play TTK

Colour me not impressed by one strike, a raid and "mutant fallen" now I've broken the cult of Destiny I know how it will play out

Didn't they have to give away USB sticks to 360 owners so they could play TTK

Colour me not impressed by one strike, a raid and "mutant fallen" now I've broken the cult of Destiny I know how it will play out
I'm glad they are focusing more on PVE here with a raid and strike, but it said there would be new maps and modes for crucible, which interests me, since we haven't gotten either of those since TTK released. Also hope that the sandbox changes will actually change the way the game plays. However, I won't start getting too hyped until they've told us, or shown us, everything that they're doing, except the raid, of course.

LTWood12

Wait, the new expansion will require you to own both Vanilla and Taken King? Forcing people to buy Taken King...

Did you really not expect that to be the case?

There will most certainly be a $60 version that includes ROI and everything up to it.

Top Bottom