• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

SpecX

Wait, the new expansion will require you to own both Vanilla and Taken King? Forcing people to buy Taken King...

Not surprised, most likely reusing resources from TTK which they can't allow people to access without having TTK to begin with. To be fair, TTK can be bought pretty cheap now too.

D_psipher

Oooookay, there is no mention of increasing the character level, only lightlevel. Interesting.

Having even 2 "social" spaces was kind of a waste, and now we're getting a third? Kind of hoping the tower gets fucked and the current social space moves to the new one.

I have been hoping for this a while. Or at least an event where the different races would attack the tower and you and all others in that instance would have to defend it. Hell get the inhabitants of the tower in on it with a couple of scripted set pieces. Also think of some way for those who did not want to participate to do regular tower stuff and leave.

darthbob

5YkHO1q.png

hype = deflated

FyreWulff

Didn't they have to give away USB sticks to 360 owners so they could play TTK

Colour me not impressed by one strike, a raid and "mutant fallen" now I've broken the cult of Destiny I know how it will play out

They also sent bigger hard drives to the super slim PS3 owners

Well I guess both consoles get two new strikes, with Xbox finally getting access to the Echo Chamber, still gonna wait to see the reveal before I pass judgement.
Who am I kidding, if we get giant axes they can have my money

I don't have a lot of details, just knew the title and the fact that it was supposed to be in line with what TTK brought: new story missions, new strikes (at least 2), and a new raid. I was told some old weapons would return, and it would open up a new zone on the north-east of the cosmodrome, "Plague Lands".
That's all I got, and keep in mind that this was a few months ago, so maybe some details / names / plans will change.

Also my source was confused about this releasing in April: one of Jason's sources is also stating that they first wanted this to release in April, so maybe the delay will make it so they will add more to it than what I was told.
Wow good call man.

Lee

I hope I can pre-order some kind of collectors edition tomorrow.

Here's hoping. I skipped on the TTK collectors edition and regret it. Actually looked at listings on Ebay recently but can't bring myself to pay more now than I was unwilling to then.

Ghost edition, art of destiny, little engram things, wood ghost model, a couple t-shirts. I'm already all in, shouldn't have skipped TTK CE.

darthbob

Here's hoping. I skipped on the TTK collectors edition and regret it. Actually looked at listings on Ebay recently but can't bring myself to pay more now than I was unwilling to then.

Ghost edition, art of destiny, little engram things, wood ghost model, a couple t-shirts. I'm already all in, shouldn't have skipped TTK CE.

The Strange Coin was worth it, let me tell ya

I am keeping my expectations in check. Rise of Iron is a stop gap until Destiny 2. That's when we will most likely see real change with the game.

I will remain hopeful and optimistic, but I'm not getting hyped until we have all the details.

FyreWulff

bleh, used to work in a call center, but made pretty decent money @ $16/hr so it wasn't terrible

good luck man.

luckily Omaha is the call center capital of the US so there's tooooons of call center jobs to pick up here as my second job.. but DialAmerica called back first and this isn't a time to be picky. I'll keep going and trying to get a job at other places like Cox Cable, ESPN, or Berkshire Hathaway.

I kinda want to collect CEs but after buying the Reach Legendary I was like.. I should probably stop now. I liked that LE, but I had the most damn trouble finding places to put that diorama.. lol

Still wear the flames whenever I play Reach

edit: bang for buck, I think the Reach Limited Edition with the book and datasafe was one of the best collectors things put out, too.

sajj316

Sitting here in the waiting room as me pops gets a heart bypass surgery. Any good news from Bungie would be welcome right about now as the last few days sucked. Pops should be ok .. despite being a triple bypass.

FyreWulff

Sitting here in the waiting room as me pops gets a heart bypass surgery. Any good news from Bungie would be welcome right about now as the last few days sucked. Pops should be ok .. despite being a triple bypass.

Good luck on the surgery. Be prepared for his chest to look weird for a while.

WhiteWolf

Thinking about jumping into Destiny, should I just buy the Legendary edition now or wait for the expansion (which will probably have a new bundle out at the same time)? Would I be missing out on any cool events if I wait?

the_id

Good luck for the surgery.

Looking forward to tomorrow's news. What time is the stream in PST?

Lee

Thinking about jumping into Destiny, should I just buy the Legendary edition now or wait for the expansion (which will probably have a new bundle out at the same time)?

The expansion is still almost 4 months out. While Destiny is more quiet these days, you can absolutely enjoy the existing content for 4 months without issue, in my opinion. I would say get it now, but look around for a deal. It's been $30 a few places just this week, and I've seen it new for as low as $20 through Groupon and the like. I would get it now, at a good price, rather than wait four months.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm looking forward to weapons, armor, and raid, but more than anything else I'm looking forward to QOL changes current gen consoles may bring. Another good reason for dropping last gen is it eases the rest of the destiny population into current gen before destiny 2 even comes out. People will have an excuse to complain with this expansion but they won't with D2 since it'll be expected.

ocean

Banned
New mode
New maps
New weapon and armor sets

If they fix match making and HCs I'll be happy for months, they have my money.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm looking forward to weapons, armor, and raid, but more than anything else I'm looking forward to QOL changes current gen consoles may bring. Another good reason for dropping last gen is it eases the rest of the destiny population into current gen before destiny 2 even comes out. People will have an excuse to complain with this expansion but they won't with D2 since it'll be expected.
Basically, yup. With the likes of the PS4K and the XbOne-Two releasing around that time, I'm not surprised companies are finally making the push to force people to come to current-gen.

Top Bottom