• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Waldini

O ... O it's real.

It better fucking be real Bungie.

And you better have more then one way to earn it. There's a quest (look at the bottom of the image) for the Iron Gjallarhorn. Ok. We'll .. if everyone has one it'll be pretty damn useless. NERFED. Gjallarnerf

Nothus

Seems like it's legit, someone has just posted a load of leaked images from the trailer over in the other thread in the gaming section.

Not sure what to think tbh.

Number45

Just going to be an exclusive skin on a (presumably updated) Gjallahorn right? Not something I'd typically pay for, but as I'll undoubtedly be pre-ordering anyway that won't be a problem.

Sucks that it won't be something that you have to earn (and get excited about when you finally get one), but then I guess that's not a feeling that's been around for exotics for some time now.

Trakan

EDlim7O.png

This looks like a screenshot from the new raid and half of the guardians are using TTK weapons/armor. I'm guessing you'll be able to infuse that stuff up if you want to.

WeTeHa

This looks like a screenshot from the new raid and half of the guardians are using TTK weapons/armor. I'm guessing you'll be able to infuse that stuff up if you want to.

since it's only a lightlevel increase and not a character level increase, I kind of expected that. which also means there probably won't be "year 3" versions of exotics, just additions to the current exotic list.

FyreWulff

since it's only a lightlevel increase and not a character level increase, I kind of expected that. which also means there probably won't be "year 3" versions of exotics, just additions to the current exotic list.

Technically you had to enter previous raids with outdated gear to get the newest high potential gear : p likely with a new raid, it's going to be the only source of highest light for a bit.

WeTeHa

Technically you had to enter previous raids with outdated gear to get the newest high potential gear : p likely with a new raid, it's going to be the only source of highest light for a bit.

Wel, you couldn't enter kings fall with year 1 gear, as it had a max light of 170. You needed to grab new gear.
With this expansion I'm guessing you can still keep all your year 2 gear and just infuse it up to 420 or whatever. Sure, the raid will be the source of the highest light gear, but you can still rock that quest 1000 yard stare or black spindle if you want to.

FyreWulff

Wel, you couldn't enter kings fall with year 1 gear, as it had a max light of 170. You needed to grab new gear.
With this expansion I'm guessing you can still keep all your year 2 gear and just infuse it up to 420 or whatever. Sure, the raid will be the source of the highest light gear, but you can still rock that quest 1000 yard stare or black spindle if you want to.

Yeah that's a bit of a special case since the whole gear/weapon atk/def value system was redone

FyreWulff

For the love of god this time please do not rush the raid unlock

let people build up to raid light (if they need to) at a more sane pace

the_id

I need to sleep so I can wake up early. But damn, the trailer gave me Game of Thrones Winterfell vibes with a future Skyrim setting.

So Hyped.

Oh if someone can message me the discord chat that'd be great. I was cleaning out the Discord and getting rid of chat rooms I don't use at all and I accidentally left our server.

Waldini

Still ... this looks to be pretty far in development.

Bungie : "Welcome to the Rise if Iron Guardians ... available ... NOW!"

Make it happen.

Shito

Hahaha, got a legit laugh at the "It's back... in black!" at the end of the ad.
And we finally get to have our snowy map! <3

LOL @ preordering for the Iron Gjallahorn. That's funny.

So the gjallahorn is coming back, but I'm guessing based on their balances it will be just like it is now. I can't see them making it powerful again because that would just break the system all over again.

Deku Tree

Well if they are gonna have a pre order black ghorn keep in mjnd (1) it's probably severely nerfed to make tha hammer thing seem powerful and (2) they're gonna be selling at a minimum exotic weapon color variations at Eva for Silver. Maybe we will even see the feared elusive three exclusive very rare sterling treasure box exclusive weapons. CoD has had that for a while now.

Holy shit at that trailer!

Plagued Fallen look great. Black and red 4tw!

Looks like snow levels are actually coming.... And motherfucking Gjallarhorn!!!

I know the content isn't as big as TTK, but we're getting a new raid (that hopefully won't disappoint like KF) and that's all I really need.

HYPED AF

Top Bottom