• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I don't think Bungie needs to cross the line into pay-to-win. The community is chock-full of people who love their cosmetics. I can see weapon skins, ships and shaders being added to the MT pool.

It wouldn't affect gameplay at all and would always be optional. Especially if they continue with the sterling box idea.

Those few raid shots were hype. Loved the part where they jump off a giant wall. I thought the build up of the jump in CE was really cool. Also looks like we are fighting a giant robot as one of the bosses with electric ball arms. I hope that when we kill that, it turns into a giant devil walker with new abilities. That, would be cool. Stream can't come soon enough.

Dez_

Honestly, thinking about it more, I think people have the right idea that the pre order bonus as just being a weapon skin and not the weapon itself (at least that's what I initially thought anyway), which honestly isn't that big a deal to me. It doesn't make sense to keep that weapon out like that, figure that everyone will get their own after their done with the main expansion quests or something.

Would like this content to be cheaper than $40, but I'm honestly not expecting it, even if this isn't as large as TTK.

X-Frame

How would a weapon skin even work though? There is no functionality in the game right now to change weapon skins.

Possibly this is something they are adding, like weapon shaders.

How would a weapon skin even work though? There is no functionality in the game right now to change weapon skins.

Well, they were able to change the look of the suros, so I can't imagine the GHorn would be any harder.

X-Frame

Well, they were able to change the look of the suros, so I can't imagine the GHorn would be any harder.

But if this is a pre-order bonus then that means there either would be 2 versions of the Ghorn in Year 3 (plus the normal one that can be obtained without pre-ordering), or there will be no way to get a Ghorn outside of the pre-order Iron Horn .. both which I highly doubt they would do.

Could just be the actual weapon but 3 light similar to the sterling gear. Does remove the chase for the weapon but at least still need to infuse it up.

Then the normal version can be found like any other exotic.

Agent

I was wondering why on earth this thread had 2 new pages since early this morning considering how dead it has been. Then reading everything...I now understand. Time to throw more money at Bungie.

4wKwpPL.gif

derFeef

I just bought the CE on XBO, that 50% off seems like a good deal.
I always intended to jump (back) into this game after I traded it back in because of time reasons and some complaints I had. That was before any updates or addons and what not - I played for like 5 hours?

I played as Titan class and it was fun. Reading that you get a lvl25 boost for free I might just use this, or maybe try the other classes first - not really sure what to do :)

I just bought the CE on XBO, that 50% off seems like a good deal.
I always intended to jump (back) into this game after I traded it back in because of time reasons and some complaints I had. That was before any updates or addons and what not - I played for like 5 hours?

I played as Titan class and it was fun. Reading that you get a lvl25 boost for free I might just use this, or maybe try the other classes first - not really sure what to do :)

Keep working on your Titan and save the boost for a second or third character. Pick up and complete bounties as you play the game so that you can level up the subclasses.

Send me your gamer tag. I'm on Xbox. Don't play as much as I used to sinxe I'm waiting for the new expansion but I can help some/answer questions for you.

zewone

Oee strike makes me feel this is really small, but at least there's a new raid.

Fire axe might be a new exotic.

Hoping the Titan cloak is a class item we can actually wear

Unstable

This is my bet as well. They've been very clear about what to expect for your money. $60 base game vs. $40 large expansion vs. $20 small expansion. It's hard to say just how big RoI will be, but it's clearly larger than TDB or HoW. Only one strike makes me think the Plaguelands will be smaller than the Dreadnaught, Plague Fallen will be "smaller" than Taken, etc. So price will be smaller than TTK, maybe even $35, but we'll see.

Also, check your PMs for Discord invite.

It's going to be $40.

I'd love to be wrong though.

01100001 01111001 01101111 01101111 01100010 00110010 01101001 01101110 01101111 ?

Lee

Think normal legendary swords vs. refer-a-friend swords. Same gun, different look.

Number45

Man could you imagine if they had kept the ghorn v3 a secret? And it was a possible exotic raid drop and out of nowhere someone on your raid group gets it. Would have been amazing. Community would have blown up bigger than the day xur sold it.
As great as the hooks into the game from Bungie.net are, they basically reduce the chances of this kind of thing happening to zero. :(

Fine print says you will get it after completing an in-game quest.
Hopefully the quest will be something tongue-in-cheek/referential to the weapon itself.

What happened to no paid dlc for y2? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?
I'm not sure what was said, however won't September technically be Y3 start?

Interesting quote from Luke in an old article about how GHorn wasn't coming forward into Year 2 (emphasis mine):

"We've been pretty upfront about saying Gjallarhorn isn't coming back this year. But in a world where [Gjallarhorn creator] Feizel Crux's great creation returns it won't be slayer of gods that it once was."

Sauce: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-14-destinys-most-powerful-gun-may-return-but-not-before-year-three

What happened to no paid dlc for y2? Or am I remembering that incorrectly?

There was no paid DLC for Y2. Rise of Iron is start of Y3.

That was supposed to be Sal?

Lmfao

Anyway, I am so fucking hyped for this. Starting back in on Destiny in earnest as soon as this evening.

KID!! Xbox or PS doe? You know where to find me either way :) Glad you're interested in this, the trailer looks hype indeed. Let's run through that April content ya 300LL bum.

ich00

There was no paid DLC for Y2. Rise of Iron is start of Y3.

Ah ok that makes sense. I guess I was hoping that destiny 2 would be out sooner than next September

Unrelated - would you be around next week sometime to run through the refer-a-friend quest in wiped's xbone account sometime next week? I really gotta clear those quests 😀

Lee

Rehsa

Oh man, going to stay out of the leak thread but what was shown/said in here, hold on to yer butts. No one has posted Nami's hype rises gif? SHAME

Tjamato88

Alright I'm back. The new content looks awesome and if it's anything like TTK I'm gonna be obsessed all over.

Gonna do what I did last year before TTK and just grind to the level cap. I think I finished at LL 297 before I quit.

Lee

Might have to dust off my guardians come september, this seems cool

Did you miss the last update where they introduced Guardian Food? If you haven't been feeding your Guardians they would have all starved by now and you'll have to start all over. I'm sorry man. Someone should have told you.

kidko

Did you miss the last update where they introduced Guardian Food? If you haven't been feeding your Guardians they would have all starved by now and you'll have to start all over. I'm sorry man. Someone should have told you.

I... would actually play that.

They already reduced wolfpack rounds' damage by 33% during the big TTK weapon balancing. Still a great gun. I remember a lot of people using Gjallahorn early in TTK against the big Taken dudes on patrol.

Yeah, but that quote is from September 15, 2015 (TTK release day), so the balance patch that nerfed it had already landed a week earlier. He's talking about when it comes back to the game after being outdated, which makes me think it could be further revised.

Fwiw the nerf was actually more than 33%. I don't remember the exact figures, but I ran some numbers at the time and it was in the 40-50% range. Even the patch notes were intentionally vague at the time:

Gjallarhorn
Reduce damage of Wolfpack Rounds by roughly 1/3

Lee

Yeah, but that quote is from September 15, 2015 (TTK release day), so the balance patch that nerfed it had already landed a week earlier. He's talking about when it comes back to the game after being outdated, which makes me think it could be further revised.

Fwiw the nerf was actually more than 33%. I don't remember the exact figures, but I ran some numbers at the time and it was in the 40-50% range. Even the patch notes were intentionally vague at the time:

Gotcha. Of course you would have known about the nerf. Didn't realize who I quoted up there. :)

Maybe they're sick of everyone using Black Spindles and the new raid bosses won't have crit boxes. Everyone will have to use rockets again.

^ lol @Trip :p

Ah ok that makes sense. I guess I was hoping that destiny 2 would be out sooner than next September

Unrelated - would you be around next week sometime to run through the refer-a-friend quest in wiped's xbone account sometime next week? I really gotta clear those quests ��

haha does he have that quest with you? Sure we can run that sometime. I'll be doing some X1 Trials this weekend if you're online then.

Oh man, going to stay out of the leak thread but what was shown/said in here, hold on to yer butts. No one has posted Nami's hype rises gif? SHAME

Ask and you shall receive:

nJ4quiZ.gif

Hype!!!

Btw, What time is the stream today ? Also need that Discord chat again since I lost the URL.

1 pm EST. Just under two hours.

Check yo' PMs for Discord

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I remember the day I asked nami to make it. Bless his heart. It's so hard to post gifs from an iPhone at times.

Yes brother, the hype rises

Edit: drizz got you covered

Top Bottom