• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

So Ghorn is back as a pre-order bonus. I don't like it that it has to come back like that. I'm going to wait it out to see the trailer until the stream.

Man could you imagine if they had kept the ghorn v3 a secret? And it was a possible exotic raid drop and out of nowhere someone on your raid group gets it. Would have been amazing. Community would have blown up bigger than the day xur sold it.

GreyWind

9781608874200_int1.0.jpg

No cloaks for Titans.

Why Bungie!!!!!!!!

WeTeHa

Gonna pre order this thing.
And since I start working again in less than 2 weeks I'll have to take vacation days, noooo.

But this time I'll do a blind run in the raid.

Mengetsu

Was this known? 5 Hour maintenance incoming.

Link: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13125
Tweet:https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/740690884161720321

SCHEDULED DESTINY MAINTENANCE FOR 6/09/2016
• Starting at 8:00 AM Pacific (3:00 PM UTC), players will not be able to log into Destiny in preparation for maintenance. • At 9:00 AM Pacific (4:00 PM UTC), players will be removed from activities as Destiny servers will be taken offline for maintenance. • Maintenance is expected to conclude before 1:00 PM Pacific (8:00 PM UTC).
• Bungie.net sign-in and Companion app services may be restricted during this time. • Players signed in shortly before maintenance will receive prior notice via in-game messaging. • Once maintenance is concluded, all services and Destiny login functionality will be restored.

I wonder if it will be something like finish expansion storyline to get new Ghorn or preorder and have it from the beginning.

My guess is either just the Iron "skin" will be pre order exclusive or there will be some time delay quest to unlock it in-game like you said. No way the GHorn itself is exclusive.

Considering how much people like exclusive shaders/emblems I'd wager the iron/black skin will be exclusive. It's just cosmetic so people can't get too upset but it's also exclusive so lots of people will pre-order to have it.

My guess is either just the Iron "skin" will be pre order exclusive or there will be some time delay quest to unlock it in-game like you said. No way the GHorn itself is exclusive.

Considering how much people like exclusive shaders/emblems I'd wager the iron/black skin will be exclusive. It's just cosmetic so people can't get too upset but it's also exclusive so lots of people will pre-order to have it.
Fine print says you will get it after completing an in-game quest.

uSR3R9X.jpg

I think it will be the actual weapon.

Fine print says you will get it after completing an in-game quest.

uSR3R9X.jpg

I think it will be the actual weapon.

Yeah I know it's the actual weapon, but I meant whether or not other people can get it without pre order. Imo there's no way they'd make the actual GHorn pre-order exclusive. So I was guessing that the Iron skin version might be while a version that looked like the original would somehow be obtainable to everyone in-game. Just speculation of course.

Loving it, i hope they do something with the existing content to make it the correct lightlevel but i'm hyped for this.

The last few weeks i have been noticing everytime we hit a bullet sponge boss how i miss the Gjallahorn so glad it's coming back.

Hopefully Icebreaker too, please Bungie.

Neat trailer. Only one strike is disappointing.

My addition to Saladin's VO: "For two years I have trained you under my Banner for this day."

Just when I thought I was out...

See you guys in September. Just gotta figure out how to get back in without the Wife threatening divorce. (I think she's half serious).

stay gold

It's sad that the reward for pre ordering is likely to be more interesting than anything earned in game. Prove me wrong Bungie!

WeTeHa

I am so ready to buy weapon skins.

I honestly don't get that. People pay ridiculous amounts for weapon skins in cs go, even more when it's stat tracking and minimal wear or some shit.

I guess I'm just not the target audience for microtransactions and skins.

I like collecting stuff, but paying for something just because it looks different doesn't make sense. I'd collect it ingame if it was possible, but there is no way I'll pay real life money for it :/

E92 M3

I honestly don't get that. People pay ridiculous amounts for weapon skins in cs go, even more when it's stat tracking and minimal wear or some shit.

I like collecting stuff, but paying for something just because it looks different doesn't make sense. I'd collect it ingame if it was possible, but there is no way I'll pay real life money for it :/

To me, it's all money being wasted - part of the "hobby funds." Since Destiny brings me a great deal of entertainment, I don't mind for MTs. Won't support games I don't like, though.

Marvel

could never
I will do the same for my Titan and Hunter. The Warlock gear this time however appears to rival the Trials armor...now that I think about it...it probably won't have PvP perks. Dammit.
Mmm that wooflock armour is nice... might have to keep a few bits for mine.

X-Frame

Wow if the new raid is primarily outside and with snow! That'd be amazing. I'm sick of deep, dark Hive areas.

Though, VoG is deep down and mostly in the dark except I could never get sick of that -- maybe it's just the Hive that I am sick of.

spyder_ur

I literally laughed when I saw the Iron Horn pop up at the end.

Can someone show me how to get into the Discord chat? I have no idea how it works. PM me if it makes more sense.

SpecX

I wonder how much. Since this doesn't bring as much as TTK and we've suffered with the drought so long, this better be priced at $20. If they try to sell it for $40 I might have to rethink my purchase.

spyder_ur

I wonder how much. Since this doesn't bring as much as TTK and we've suffered with the drought so long, this better be priced at $20. If they try to sell it for $40 I might have to rethink my purchase.

$30 is my bet. They could get away with $40 just fine I think, but they already went and said it's not as big as TTK.

Dez_

Preordering for a Gjallahorn is kind of weak, be it a skin or not, but I'm so down for more Destiny stuff anyway, and I love snowy environments. 3 months feels like a long time away.

This will most likely be my first Gjalla too.

I've never bought Silver so I understand what you're saying. Honestly I don't even care about in-game collecting unless the collection process itself is fun. But lots of people do like it so I'm glad it's there for them. Stuff like dances are a great use of MTs to me. They're optional and cosmetic plus it doesn't feel like the MT-association affected their design. Theoretically they could have made all these new animations and given them away as loot drops but realistically the dances wouldn't have been made without MTs to support them.

The armor from sterling boxes bothered some people because it was gear, but it was still cosmetic since it didn't give any competitive advantage. Hell, you can't even tell the stat roll quality without infusing them using higher LL gear earned in-game. The only MT-connection that bummed me out was Chroma because it was clear how MTs undermined the implementation. Instead of being a toggle switch or a reusable shader, they were consumables with this tedious re-roll RNG. Sure, you can get plenty of Chroma from free boxes but the design is still annoying. They still take up inventory room and cost glimmer to test different colors.

I'm optimistic Bungie won't cross the pay-to-win line but Chroma concerns me that future features might be similarly affected.

$30 is my bet. They could get away with $40 just fine I think, but they already went and said it's not as big as TTK.

This is my bet as well. They've been very clear about what to expect for your money. $60 base game vs. $40 large expansion vs. $20 small expansion. It's hard to say just how big RoI will be, but it's clearly larger than TDB or HoW. Only one strike makes me think the Plaguelands will be smaller than the Dreadnaught, Plague Fallen will be "smaller" than Taken, etc. So price will be smaller than TTK, maybe even $35, but we'll see.

Also, check your PMs for Discord invite.

Top Bottom