• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Shiv47

Strike specific drops dont drop up to 335 from heroic strikes do they? I know the NF is worth doing because of the chance of 335 drops.

Yes, heroics drop strike specifics at up 335. As with anything, chances of getting those drops decrease with every subsequent drop in difficulty. NF>Heroic>Vanguard>etc

trailer was awesome but lmao at pre-order gjallarhorn

talk about desperate
It's just a weapon skin. Everyone will still need to 'earn' the Gjallarhorn the regular way.

God forbid they put something cool in for pre-ordering instead of a lame emblem or shitty weapons no one will use.

so I jumped on Destiny for the first time last night since Feb/March. Felt good to come back.

Opened up some item boxes in from my postmaster, got some items, infused said items, added in some chroma colors, etc.

So what should I be focusing on now? I keep reading T11 and T12 items on here and reddit. Is there something I can follow for certain armor to try and obtain or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Homeboyd

Strike specific drops dont drop up to 335 from heroic strikes do they? I know the NF is worth doing because of the chance of 335 drops.
As shiv said, yes they do (from heroics, and all versions actually - just higher chances for this gear at harder difficulties). Not post-game rewards, but actual loot drops from the strike bosses is where you find the strike specific stuff. I agree, the post-game rewards for strikes themselves are garbage.

Xeroblade

Yes, heroics drop strike specifics at up 335. As with anything, chances of getting those drops decrease with every subsequent drop in difficulty. NF>Heroic>Vanguard>etc

Well shit I feel dumb. Never knew this info at all. Thanks I now take back my comment about strikes being useless.

Shiv47

Well shit I feel dumb. Never knew this info at all. Thanks I now take back my comment about strikes being useless.

Worth doing the three weekly heroics if only for the chances at the strike specifics and easy marks. I've also had them drop from non heroics, like the exotic sword version of the Darkblade strike; got the fusion rifle at 335 from that while helping a friend.

Lee

so I jumped on Destiny for the first time last night since Feb/March. Felt good to come back.

Opened up some item boxes in from my postmaster, got some items, infused said items, added in some chroma colors, etc.

So what should I be focusing on now? I keep reading T11 and T12 items on here and reddit. Is there something I can follow for certain armor to try and obtain or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

T12 just means max stats. You don't want 400 intellect because after 300 (5 int) it doesn't do anything for you, so the idea is spreading it out and you can just barely hit 12 tiers (4 int, 4 str, 4 dis for example) with great stat rolls on every piece. It all comes down to a few seconds faster cool down so not a big deal at all. With that said, some vendor items you can buy for marks are really great rolls. Here is a good list: http://towerghostfordestiny.com/index.php/tower-vendor-rolls/

If you haven't played since March, I would do the new story missions (short) and new strike (fun the first time) and complete that quest.

T12 just means max stats. You don't want 400 intellect because after 300 (5 int) it doesn't do anything for you, so the idea is spreading it out and you can just barely hit 12 tiers (4 int, 4 str, 4 dis for example) with great stat rolls on every piece. It all comes down to a few seconds faster cool down so not a big deal at all. With that said, some vendor items you can buy for marks are really great rolls. Here is a good list: http://towerghostfordestiny.com/index.php/tower-vendor-rolls/

If you haven't played since March, I would do the new story missions (short) and new strike (fun the first time) and complete that quest.

Thanks! I am watching the video on the tower ghost site too. Looks like I want to focus on hitting 330 before getting too crazy about T12. Will check a lot of my gear through DIM (love that they updated that to help you max later)

Bow down Hunter and Titan Plebs to your Warlock Gods!

allan-lee-warlock-ironlord-alee-3840.jpg

No, seriously, bow down.

sajj316

Preordering for dat sexy Ballerhorn skin!

I will be getting my fill of TTK raid till September since I haven't really done it to perfection.

ocean

Banned
NarmerQuest lives. Now in black.

My excitement hinges on that "new features" part of the Crucible column. But excited or not, I'm sure I'll at least like the new missions the way I liked TTK's, I'll dick around the new (probably terrible) maps and mode and get my money's worth. Don't have any doubts there.

Weird they didn't offer a physical CE though

LTWood12

NarmerQuest lives. Now in black.

My excitement hinges on that "new features" part of the Crucible column. But excited or not, I'm sure I'll at least like the new missions the way I liked TTK's, I'll dick around the new (probably terrible) maps and mode and get my money's worth. Don't have any doubts there.

Weird they didn't offer a physical CE though

One of our fallen brothers. it would be fitting to hear from him today.

X-Frame

I wonder if Bungie originally planned on cutting legacy consoles out on Destiny 2, but with the impending release of the PS4K and Scorpio they realized they didn't want to end up having to support 5-6 consoles so they cut them out earlier than expected.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you do not want it I'll give it to the next spot available.

Train later anyone?

I'm sticking with the traveler being the true evil and final boss of the series.

The traveler is basically Galactus, going around eating planets and such but somebody he screwed over got pissed and chased after him putting a beating on him. His last resort is to give his powers to moronic guardians who wipes a billion times during raids and can't make platform jumps.

Raven117

Has there been a new "newbie" name for the year 3 players.

Kinderguardians - Y1
Taken Tots - Y2
Salad Starters? Iron Ignots? Y3

shamelessly taken from reddit

gspec

If you do not want it I'll give it to the next spot available.

Train later anyone?

I'm sticking with the traveler being the true evil and final boss of the series.

The traveler is basically Galactus, going around eating planets and such but somebody he screwed over got pissed and chased after him putting a beating on him. His last resort is to give his powers to moronic guardians who wipes a billion times during raids and can't make platform jumps.

That is the best explain of destiny story I have heard. LOL

Can anyone explain to me why you would pre order now, as opposed to 1 or 2 weeks before the dlc hits?

I ask because if you pre order today or one day before release, you get the same thing. They won't run out of copies and the price will be the same.

Personally, I feel that it's wise to wait on pre ordering. Mainly because every pre order is a message. This may be subjective but I believe if you pre order now you are essentially telling the company that their sleazy underhanded pre order bonuses worked. Therfore encouraging companies to continue this crap.

I'm honestly curious if others see it this way, and if not, what's your opinion?

Deku Tree

Can anyone explain to me why you would pre order now, as opposed to 1 or 2 weeks before the dlc hits?

I ask because if you pre order today or one day before release, you get the same thing. They won't run out of copies and the price will be the same.

Personally, I feel that it's wise to wait on pre ordering. Mainly because every pre order is a message. This may be subjective but I believe if you pre order now you are essentially telling the company that their sleazy underhanded pre order bonuses worked. Therfore encouraging companies to continue this crap.

I'm honestly curious if others see it this way, and if not, what's your opinion?

Yeah no reason to pre order digital this far out unless you want the theme.

Top Bottom