• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

shermas

Haha sorry :p I actually hope they bring back the triumphs.

All good!

Anyone that played a lot in Y1 probably had most of the triumphs done, just by progressing through the content. I think the PoE one was the last one I had to do last year.

People seemed to be confusing Saladins voice for that of Shaxx when saying it doesn't sound right in the trailer.

Saladin = Keith Ferguson
Shaxx = Lennie James (Morgan in Walking Dead)

Sounds like Salad to me.

ocean

Banned
People seemed to be confusing Saladins voice for that of Shaxx when saying it doesn't sound right in the trailer.

Saladin = Keith Ferguson
Shaxx = Lennie James (Morgan in Walking Dead)

Sounds like Salad to me.
Always thought it's a damn shame that Shaxx does the commentary during IB matches. It'd be great to have Saladbar tell us to "FIGHT BACK".

Shaxx gets too cool when you have a good match.

"With 10 like you, I could end war"
"I haven't seen a fight like that since Twilight Gap!!"
"I can't believe what I'm seeing!"
"SEEEEVEEEEEENTH COOOOLUUUUMNNNNNNN/heartattack"

Just imagine the cool lines they could give Salad

There must be a skeleton crew working on this DLC if there's only 1 new strike with 12 months in between DLCs.

That wouldn't surprise me. Destiny 2 is supposed to come out next year. So yes, it is probably the live team working on this while Bungie puts it's efforts on Destiny 2.

Keep in mind, I haven't watched the stream from today since I was in a meeting. Planning on watching it when I get home. I read a summary though. I'm excited for it.

Lnkn52

https://www.bungie.net/en/pub/RiseOfIron
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
]
4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

Shito

Missed the stream: I take it there are no other big reveals, with all the leaks we had?
Only the triumph thing coming back?

I said it in the gaming thread and I'll say it again. Bungie, please don't spread out the meaty information reveals in a 3+ week stream fest and just do it all in 1 stream.

I can hope. I can't take 3 separate streams to relay all information, anymore.

Especially regarding pvp which I had to wait until the final stream, last time.

Arrrammis

Missed the stream: I take it there are no other big reveals, with all the leaks we had?
Only the triumph thing coming back?

I don't think they said anything about year 2 Triumphs, the only stuff that they discussed that we didn't see in the leaks was more lore.
And Deej's beard.

Hedera

I'm gonna hold off on pre-ordering in case a collector's edition is announced. This stream seemed like the place to do it though so not really expecting one honestly.

Prior to today's stream I watched a few of the old ones and in one they mentioned how there's a lot of Dark Souls fans among the Destiny team.
Today they reiterated that with what seems like Destiny's own bonfire & fire keeper at the Peak's "mausoleum".

I'm gonna hold off on pre-ordering in case a collector's edition is announced. This stream seemed like the place to do it though so not really expecting one honestly.

I am in the same boat. I doubt we get a CE for this release and its more like HOW and TDB.

SpecX

I'm curious if they will reveal more about the traveler and if the speaker will be involved in any of the new story line. I swear Bungie has forgotten about that giant sphere floating above the city.

I am in the same boat. I doubt we get a CE for this release and its more like HOW and TDB.

Looks like it strandels in between

I'm curious if they will reveal more about the traveler and if the speaker will be involved in any of the new story line. I swear Bungie has forgotten about that giant sphere floating above the city.

That story is the main story. It's got to last them 10 years really. These big side stories are the best you will get to D2 i'd expect. The world really needed some fleshing out too tbf

Prior to today's stream I watched a few of the old ones and in one they mentioned how there's a lot of Dark Souls fans among the Destiny team.
Today they reiterated that with what seems like Destiny's own bonfire & fire keeper at the Peak's "mausoleum".

Yeah, that was in the Raid-Along King's Fall stream. They talked about how Pistons area was inspired by Sen's Fortress. There are tons of Souls references, from the Praise the Sun emote that Eris used to do (and now you can buy), to the perk on Heart of Praxic Fire, to the Aclyophage Symbiote helmet and its flavor text as a reference to Solaire's quest line. I'm sure there are more. The design of Terminus on Venus always felt very Souls-esque to me, how you can see it so clearly way off in the distance and then actually go there. Like seeing Duke's Archive or something.

edit: also the Pistons area being inspired by Sen's made me laugh because Luke has previously said that it was actually inspired by Double Dragon (jumping section before final boss where pistons shot out of walls and knocked you to your death). Similar to how the VoG jump puzzle was (obviously) based on Mega Man 2 disappearing blocks. The pistons are actually much more similar to Double Dragon than Sen's anyway.

Yeah, that was in the Raid-Along King's Fall stream. They talked about how Pistons area was inspired by Sen's Fortress. There are tons of Souls references, from the Praise the Sun emote that Eris used to do (and now you can buy), to the perk on Heart of Praxic Fire, to the Aclyophage Symbiote helmet and its flavor text as a reference to Solaire's quest line. I'm sure there are more. The design of Terminus on Venus always felt very Souls-esque to me, how you can see it so clearly way off in the distance and then actually go there. Like seeing Duke's Archive or something.

edit: also the Pistons area being inspired by Sen's made me laugh because Luke has previously said that it was actually inspired by Double Dragon (jumping section before final boss where pistons shot out of walls and knocked you to your death). Similar to how the VoG jump puzzle was (obviously) based on Mega Man 2 disappearing blocks. The pistons are actually much more similar to Double Dragon than Sen's anyway.

Awesome, didn't know about the Symbiote one!

shermas

Any word about increased vault space? I'm bursting again. Almost no dupe weapons, too. I still have a few Y1 kicking around (fbring, gally, ibreaker, verdict, vex, murmur, voc) and I'm starting to get super tight on space. I'm already stashing exotic engrams for the Fall, too

They don't drop and they fuck up your Postmaster notifications.

They appear to be bugged and not dropping for a lot of people.

There was a recent thread on Reddit about it and Cozmo posted and said he would bring it up to the Dev team.

Ah, got it!
I had heard about them not dropping *at all* but then I basically got all the third faction ships in quick succession a couple of weeks back so I figured that stuff got fixed.

Seeing those gear pics that hunter armor looks pretty cool and it looks like we are going to be getting at least 1 new foundry gun from Nadir as that N logo on the MG is a clear indication.

I hope they include Cassoid(Telesto/Invective) & Daito(Jade Rabbit) as well it makes the world so much richer and we get more guns which is hardly a bad thing.

Top Bottom