• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Toki767

I'll pre-order off PSN, but I'll give it until September in case Sony runs one of those Spend $100, Get $15 back promotions between now and then.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
The very same Ghorn I'll get when I pre order one day before the game comes out?

You get my point right? Or do you like pre order bonuses and all that bs?

I have money to spend and I'll spend it how the fuck I want?.duh? why do you care about how I spend my cash?

Servers are back up.

Would anyone be interested in a VoG + CE run for fun?

Me and Biggy are looking for 4 players to do a fun run of VoG.

Anyone?

If you're still looking for a team I can join up...

The very same Ghorn I'll get when I pre order one day before the game comes out?

Yup, no reason to pre-order right away. The iron horn skin or whatever it is plus the PS theme available now will also be available 1 minute before 20th sept launch.

Finally awake catching up.

Hypeeeee. Not as much info as I was hoping for, very vague on lots of things but I still can't wait.

Filling out my annual leave form now for 2 weeks off(I have to use 6 weeks by the end of this year somehow...)

Namikaze1

Summer 2015:
YLZ6frs.gif

June 9, 2016: NOTE If you haven't seen the first 3 episode of the latest Game of Thrones season, you may not want to watch this. It contains brief but major scenes from episode 2 and 3.
https://youtu.be/FOLYRxrbHUM

This shit took a long while to complete due to the scenes I wanted not available on YouTube or anywhere else.

FyreWulff

I wonder if Bungie originally planned on cutting legacy consoles out on Destiny 2, but with the impending release of the PS4K and Scorpio they realized they didn't want to end up having to support 5-6 consoles so they cut them out earlier than expected.

PS3/360 cert is shutting down soon, or at least heavily mothballed

Pre-order bonuses haven been around for years dude. They aren't going anywhere.

If you want to hold off because of your opinion against them, by all means you are entitled to but please know it has almost zero bearing on them staying or going.

If you want to hold off because of your opinion against them, by all means you are entitled to but please know it has almost zero bearing on them staying or going.

Just FYI I have a feeling that you won't need to do any question to get the black Ghorn. The way I interpreted what they said in the stream is that you have to do the quest to get the regular horn, and preorder gets you the black one.

Just my interpretation, I could be wrong.

Toki767

Just FYI I have a feeling that you won't need to do any question to get the black Ghorn. The way I interpreted what they said in the stream is that you have to do the quest to get the regular horn, and preorder gets you the black one.

I bet they put the worst possible perks on the the pre-order version.

FyreWulff

It's possible we have a weapon shader/skin selector now. You have to get it, then you make it the iron one.

I have money to spend and I'll spend it how the fuck I want?.duh? why do you care about how I spend my cash?

I care because it affects us all. But I'm not trying to make this into a crusade so I'm sorry if I offended you.

All I'm saying is that we all know Activision will be monitoring pre order numbers. If you dislike preorder bonuses and think they have no place in the industry, don't feed the monster. And the real crux of the argument is why buy now as oppossed to waiting until one week before launch?

Yup, no reason to pre-order right away. The iron horn skin or whatever it is plus the PS theme available now will also be available 1 minute before 20th sept launch.

This is my thought as well, I just don't understand the other mindset.

Idk. I think if the numbers were there, companies would change their tune. They are going to do what gets them the most money. Just my 2 cents. Everyone can do as they please.

Logging in today for the first time in about 6 months has me like

PwjTBPW.gif

Opened up 6 of those case things from my post master and they gave armor pieces and color things?

FyreWulff

One of the biggest drivers of preorder bonuses are actually the retailers and first party. They feel it improves their sales. Which is why they all love their damn exclusives for each retailer too.

There was a period where a Certain Retailer I worked with wouldn't even buy in on a game unless they were given a preorder bonus exclusive to them

I care because it affects us all. But I'm not trying to make this into a crusade so I'm sorry if I offended you.

All I'm saying is that we all know Activision will be monitoring pre order numbers. If you dislike preorder bonuses and think they have no place in the industry, don't feed the monster. And the real crux of the argument is why buy now as oppossed to waiting until one week before launch?

This is my thought as well, I just don't understand the other mindset.

Idk. I think if the numbers were there, companies would change their tune. They are going to do what gets them the most money. Just my 2 cents. Everyone can do as they please.

I like paying for future content as soon as I get hyped about it, and then when it finally drops it almost feels like I am getting it for free. Kinda playing a Jedi mind trick on myself, but it works.

And if I know I am going to play the content anyways, taking care of it sooner than later means one less thing to worry about and ending up ordering it too late to get the preload if there is one.

The preorder bonus is not really a huge part of the decision for me, but I will take whatever they decide to give.

Hedera

Has Bungie ever showed raid gear in trailers and such before? Find it strange that they would just show that, but might be misremembering from previous reveals.

I like paying for future content as soon as I get hyped about it, and then when it finally drops it almost feels like I am getting it for free. Kinda playing a Jedi mind trick on myself, but it works.

And if I know I am going to play the content anyways, taking care of it sooner than later means one less thing to worry about and ending up ordering it too late to get the preload if there is one.

The preorder bonus is not really a huge part of the decision for me, but I will take whatever they decide to give.

All fair points. I'll definitely pre order early if there is some kind of special edition or limited amounts. Really wish I would have gotten the FE: Fates baller edition pre ordered in time. That still stings. Damn you Nintendo for not making enough pre orders available.

Top Bottom