• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

ocean

Banned
I wasn't a year 1 player, so collecting all that stuff in year 2 was expensive :p

With the change to the way engrams decrypt since the april update even my warlock is constantly decrypting Twilight Garrison and Graviton Forfeit. Sooner or later Xur HAS to sell Voidfang Vestments. He hasn't sold it in year 2 at all (I think).

Go level up in Bloodborne :p
At least make it 420 or 444 or something.

Xur has sold Voidfang 10 times. Weeks 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14, 24, 32 and 48. People remember the Sunbreaker spam but rarely mention the fact that Vanilla Destiny was basically PLEASE BUY VOIDFANG.

But yeah it hasn't been sold since august last year.

JP

Returned to this yesterday after such a long time due to the Rise of Iron reveal. my god, I'd forgotten how much I'd enjoyed this. I'm so out of date with it though so I have a couple of questions:
  1. My main character is only level 24 though, what's the best way to move forward with a character at this level? I mean to level up and get better equipment? The free roam thing is a lot of fun for me but obviously it's not the best way to advance.
  2. Will wandering around I noticed that new things were happening which I've not seen before . It told me that there was a ???? (Combat?) Runner but I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do when I saw this?
I know these are probably really basic questions but I've been out of it for so long now.

Sooo last night I managed to get infinite ammo for my fusion rifle during a strike. It said zero, but I could still fire it...I don't know how it happened, but it was awesome.

SpecX

Anyone raiding tonight? I haven't touched the raid in months and I'm rusty as fuck. If not, Trials for fun? Would like to cash in some bounties. Need to get back in this and now that RoI is coming, I want to reach LL 335 before it drops. I've reached 323 - 324 on my Titan, but at the rate I'm playing it's going super slow.

Anyone raiding tonight? I haven't touched the raid in months and I'm rusty as fuck. If not, Trials for fun? Would like to cash in some bounties. Need to get back in this and now that RoI is coming, I want to reach LL 335 before it drops. I've reached 323 - 324 on my Titan, but at the rate I'm playing it's going super slow.
I kinda wanna raid too. I'm just as rusty.

Powerwing

Don't know if it's the right place to ask, but is it too late to join Desiny Gaf ?
I've been playing the division recently, i know it's two different games but how does it compare in term of grinding and loot ?
Thank's a lot for your answers !

Don't know if it's the right place to ask, but is it too late to join Desiny Gaf ?
I've been playing the division recently, i know it's two different games but how does it compare in term of grinding and loot ?
Now is a good time to jump in as there won't be an expansion till September and you'll have plenty of content to keep you busy till then. The grind and loot is in a good spot for lower level players to get to the 290s and 300s for Light Level. If you ever need help with anything or have any questions, just ask on here and you should get an answer.

E92 M3

Nope, in about a month I got all 3 characters to 334-335.

Is never too late to join the best OT community on Gaf! :D

In terms of the grind it's been reduced by quite a large margin to get to max light level. The only real grind I have an issue with this game is level in yup your selected subclass it can take a bit. Loot you get all types of loot to help you get to max LL. If your looking for specific loot that can take a awhile. Example certain strikes drop special weapons and armor. You may get them or you might never get them RNGesu is an asshole.

WavyStretch

Neo Member
Considering they are giving it away with mission completion .. I'd expect a NERF. Maybe it'll be a legendary instead of an exotic with different perks to make it more like YR1 Jellyhorn?

Ice Breaker isn't ever coming back. They've even talked about how internally it's called "game breaker"...

Also 'horn v2 has been nerfed even more. DTG has noticed that it's the Truth archetype now, lower blast radius and velocity.

Eh no. That's a buff. Gjallahorn had smaller blast and more velocity than Truth, and it never had heavy payload to bring it up, Truth had javelin which used to boost velocity by twice as much as it currently does. Wolfpack round damave was reduced by 50% which essentially left GH around what Razelighter does now, it should be fine.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Eh no. That's a buff. Gjallahorn had smaller blast and more velocity than Truth, and it never had heavy payload to bring it up, Truth had javelin which used to boost velocity by twice as much as it currently does. Wolfpack round damave was reduced by 50% which essentially left GH around what Razelighter does now, it should be fine.
I never understood why bungie was okay with raze lighter but never wanted to bring gjally to year 2. Sure, I understand the balance philosophy for RL vs. Gjally (melee close combat spam vs spam from far away). it's difficult to use RL on bosses without dying unless your fireteam is constantly stun locking but it cuts everything else up like fucking butter. If I'm ever looking to feel "y1 powerful" I'm always using razelighter regardless of whether the boss is curb stomping me or not =P

E92 M3

I never understood why bungie was okay with raze lighter but never wanted to bring gjally to year 2. Sure, I understand the balance philosophy for RL vs. Gjally (melee close combat spam vs spam from far away). it's difficult to use RL on bosses without dying unless your fireteam is constantly stun locking but it cuts everything else up like fucking butter.

Shh, they don't know yet.

Arrrammis

I never understood why bungie was okay with raze lighter but never wanted to bring gjally to year 2. Sure, I understand the balance philosophy for RL vs. Gjally (melee close combat spam vs spam from far away). it's difficult to use RL on bosses without dying unless your fireteam is constantly stun locking but it cuts everything else up like fucking butter. If I'm ever looking to feel "y1 powerful" I'm always using razelighter regardless of whether the boss is curb stomping me or not =P

I think Bungie disliked Gjallarhorn because it wasted bosses, they didn't really care about adds. With a burn, you could kill the highest level endgame boss in year 1 (Skolas, level 35) in 20 seconds. It was the weapon that everyone and their mother used in endgame raids, once you got that then every other heavy weapon was trash. You can't really use Raze-lighter for any of the raid bosses except for when you're running the orb for the Oryx fight (Raze-Lighter wrecks the aura knight).

aarcane

Time for my Friday night "does anyone on XB1 want to play Trials" post. GT: danthehack

Edit: When the servers are back, anyway.

ocean

Banned

The issue with Gjallarhorn wasn't just how much damage it did, but how damn easy and automatic it was. The problem was further compounded when a full team ran it.

Sleeper Simulant actually does more damage (significantly) than Gjallarhorn ever did. But only to a single target, if you aim, and land the crit. This is a key difference. Whereas Sleeper will shit on any enemy with a crit spot even more quickly than Gjallarhorn could, it's not as easy to have a full team landing crits from a distance on a moving target. Gjallarhorn? Hit the feet, hit the head, it's all the same. If it moves? It'll track. If it was a bad shot and you missed? All good, it's got proximity detonation.

Sleeper (because it requires crits) and Raze (because you need to be super close) don't offer the same potential to just sit back and blow up the room from a distance.

It'll be interesting to see how it's balanced. It'll still be useless in the Raid, but OG Gjallarhorn would be super effective against Shield Bros, Darkblade, SABER, CoE/CoO bosses...

lionelhutz

I've played Destiny since launch and through TTK. I stopped playing last year and I haven't really been back since the last few updates.

This latest expansion has my interest, but I'm not really sure where to begin in order to get back into the game. It feels like so much has been added that I'm figuring out the game again.

Any suggestions on what to do, collect, and see since TTK?

WeTeHa

Servers are dying slowly lol.

They started slowly turning off the servers when the game slowly died and now a lot of people are back preparing for rise of iron (I wish).

I hope Ghorn will be very strong in pve content. I either use swords, sleeper or a machine gun. Barely used any rocket launchers in the game at all, I just feel liked they are too weak in pve content. I can only carry 5 or 6 rockets vs. 9 sleeper shots and 68 (or more) sword ammo.

E92 M3

They started slowly turning off the servers when the game slowly died and now a lot of people are back preparing for rise of iron (I wish).

I hope Ghorn will be very strong in pve content. I either use swords, sleeper or a machine gun. Barely used any rocket launchers in the game at all, I just feel liked they are too weak in pve content. I can only carry 5 or 6 rockets vs. 9 sleeper shots and 68 (or more) sword ammo.

Haha, that would actually be funny if you're right.

At least I'm not alone in the "I can't log on to destiny" camp.

Coming back after a long break. Most of my friends on Xbox abandoned the game a few months ago, so I'm playing on ps4 now.

Got 1 hunter at 290 something and going to build another character this weekend.

Arrrammis

I want to get back in the game to reach max light level (currently 307).

What's the easiest way?

Doing the raid can be a nice boost (gear drops up to 6 light above your current overall light level), but you can get good gear to raise your light from pretty much anywhere. Strikes and Crucible matches/packages can drop good leveled gear as well, so farming rep to get more faction packages can be a really good way to get more gear. There are a few places you can go for specific gear if you need something that doesn't drop much otherwise:
Challenge of Elders: Class item, Ghost, Secondary weapon(exotic)
Court of Oryx(tier 3): Artifact, lots of good level blues

One thing to note is that most activities drop gear up to light level 330, but the only places to get light level 335 gear is from the raid, Challenge of Elders, Exotics, and Strike specific drops (taken shotgun from Winter's Run, Grasp of Malok from the Omnigul strike, etc.).

I never really get issues with Destiny servers, this is probably only the 2nd time this year they've made it impossible to actually sign in.

Ophelion

Is it terrible that the thing that most convinced me to maybe return to Destiny was them promising a newly relevant Gjallarhorn at the end of the trailer?

Like, yeah, yeah. New zone, new raid, new quests, all good. Dat Gjallarhorn tho...

keakster

I never really get issues with Destiny servers, this is probably only the 2nd time this year they've made it impossible to actually sign in.

I'm also getting rocked with Newt errors. Isn't kicking me out but the "contacting servers" is constantly up and matchmaking is just dropping me in solo

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Is it terrible that the thing that most convinced me to maybe return to Destiny was them promising a newly relevant Gjallarhorn at the end of the trailer?

Like, yeah, yeah. New zone, new raid, new quests, all good. Dat Gjallarhorn tho...
It's the equivalent of putting your child on a leash, leaning back your airplane seat, and not tipping, all at the same time

no, not imo

HR47X1G.jpg

8eKDZ81.jpg

m60o1OY.png

Top Bottom