• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

ch4fx_

IVE MADE IT DGAF, I've made it!! I received hate mail for the first time tonight.

I apologize for their poor choice of words

CkkNUpQWgAAvpW3.jpg:large

First of all I wanna thank DGAF for everything,
without you guys I'd still be running strikes alone.. hoping to get paired up with teammates who have swords. Second, thank you to everyone for the Banner Trains, IB is what got me to playing non-IB PvP. Thank you to BurritoBear & company for the recent PvP Trains, in which I honed my skills. Thank you to Drizzay for recommending the Hawksaw. & most importantly, thank you to Charter Communications for giving me exceptionally fast connection speeds during the first 12 months of my contract.

IVE MADE IT DGAF, I've made it!! I received hate mail for the first time tonight.

lol Congratulations! This is a proud moment in any gamer's life. The next step is to get positive mail from other good players when you outplay them and they respect your game.

WipedOut

365 is my bet. (To match the HOW weapon max)

"It rhymes, it's like poetry"
I'm with you on the 365 LL update. Would just seem fitting.

365 Gjally Hype!

Not hate mail but I'll never forget when I had a top overall score in a random control match in year 1 when I had a Gjally drop and I had about 4 messages from the opposing team giving me congrats on my drop. Soooo Satisfying. Awesome feeling and good vibes from the community. It Also happened the map was asylum.

Hey everyone! <3

So...what's the average ETA to go from LL 317/318 to 330+ these days?
Haven't touched Destiny in 5+ months. Sooooo back for Rise of Iron. :D

Originally Posted by Deku Tree

I'll run with you guys if your starting soon.
Join up.

Originally Posted by Saithan

I'll join you guys if there is room.
Full now.

Originally Posted by TheTylerDurden

Ooh nostalgia!
Yup, VoG guns only.

Thanks for this one last night guys

It was fun. Got the foil and learned something new

One day, i'll get that Vex

Hey everyone! <3

So...what's the average ETA to go from LL 317/318 to 330+ these days?
Haven't touched Destiny in 5+ months. Sooooo back for Rise of Iron. :D

It's really easy to level up since the April update. The "smart light" system they added means you could run a couple raids, a few Challenge of the Elders and maybe a Nightfall to get leveled. Back when the update dropped I got all my characters from 319 to 333+ on the first day, just from doing 3x HM KF, and cashing in some exotic engrams and faction rank up packages.

It's really easy to level up since the April update. The "smart light" system they added means you could run a couple raids, a few Challenge of the Elders and maybe a Nightfall to get leveled. Back when the update dropped I got all my characters from 319 to 333+ on the first day, just from doing 3x HM KF, and cashing in some exotic engrams and faction rank up packages.
Thanks Doc! ;)
C'ya soon!

Theres no way the LL will be as low as 365, that means everyone will be geared up for NM raid straight off the bat. This is Bungie, there will be a grind involved

ocean

Banned
I'm waiting after E3 to pre-order. There could be a CE of some kind.
I highly doubt they would have let normal pre orders come up if they had a CE in store for later. It would be leaving money on the table since a lot of people who would have gone for CE would have already bought the normal version off PSN/XBL.

I'm 99% sure if there was a CE it would have gone up for sale at the same time as normal pre orders did

I highly doubt they would have let normal pre orders come up if they had a CE in store for later. It would be leaving money on the table since a lot of people who would have gone for CE would have already bought the normal version off PSN/XBL.

I'm 99% sure if there was a CE it would have gone up for sale at the same time as normal pre orders did

Who knows, I'm gonna wait a while just to be sure.

DeeJ @ Twitter said:
Seeing a lot of questions about pre-orders and upgrades in my feed. I won't ask you to be patient but I will pledge more relevant info soon.

ocean

Banned
April update gave a precedent for engrams carrying over with a LL increase only. Remember that character level increased for all preceding expansions (30->32->34->40) when engrams didn't carry over. Based on what they've said so far, it sounds like RoI is a pure LL increase with no change to character level, in which case I wouldn't rule out engram carry over.

#420PraiseIt
I thought about April Update when writing that post but felt I was already talking too much. As I said, there's no harm in trying but I don't think it'll work. The April update I feel was a little different since the "new Exotics" were likely already in-game and were just time gated (remember how some people got Twilight Garrison and Tarantella earlier?).

Of course I have zero hard info on how any of this works so I'm just making assumptions and guesses here, could go either way.

D_psipher

I apologize for their poor choice of words

without you guys I'd still be running strikes alone.. hoping to get paired up with teammates who have swords. Second, thank you to everyone for the Banner Trains, IB is what got me to playing non-IB PvP. Thank you to BurritoBear & company for the recent PvP Trains, in which I honed my skills. Thank you to Drizzay for recommending the Hawksaw. & most importantly, thank you to Charter Communications for giving me exceptionally fast connection speeds during the first 12 months of my contract.

Lol, hate mail acheived! You have ranked up. You official now.

lol Congratulations! This is a proud moment in any gamer's life. The next step is to get positive mail from other good players when you outplay them and they respect your game.

One of the unicorns of Destiny. It gives me faith in the Destiny community. The best one I got was after a Trials match. The guy congratulated us on the blowout and wished us well on our trip to Mercury.

Since they are bringing gally back, I wonder if they will bring ice breaker, pocket infinity, and thorn back. Gally was the main exotic they wouldn't bring back and they made it clear that it would be y1 for a long time and most people figured it would be the last exotic to come back. To be honest if they brought them back it wouldn't hurt the game at all. They pretty much fixed the cheese spots for strikes making ice breaker less useful and thorn got nerfed and is now in a pretty good spot actually. Pocket infinity is the only one I'm not sure about. I've always heard how powerful it is and how it was even banned in sweats, but I got it like a week or two before TTK and didn't have enough time to really try it out. But I see no reason why they can't just bring back all the old exotics and all the old strikes(hopefully) with the update.

new LL will be 336, calling it

FyreWulff

Ice Breaker isn't ever coming back. They've even talked about how internally it's called "game breaker"...

Also 'horn v2 has been nerfed even more. DTG has noticed that it's the Truth archetype now, lower blast radius and velocity.

Wasn't feeling much hype until yesterday about RoI. This community really has a way of pumping me up. Plus that Warlock armor.

I will need to run normal strikes for the last freaking shader I need before Sept. RIP.

Deku Tree

It is done. Only missing Voidfang Vestments, Skull of dire Ahamkara and exotic class items for a full collection.

Also, since I haven't posted it so far:

Did that last in 2015.

Ice Breaker isn't ever coming back. They've even talked about how internally it's called "game breaker"...

Also 'horn v2 has been nerfed even more. DTG has noticed that it's the Truth archetype now, lower blast radius and velocity.

Lol nerf-horn. So many people will be so dissappointed. In any case it's all about what they do to the Wolfpack rounds not the archetype.

SkylineRKR

There wouldn't be much use for Horn in TTK anyway, wouldn't there? Swords give outrageous DPS, Sleeper has more shots and high crit damage, Touch of Malice is insane on end game bosses. Black Spindle does good against raid boss 2. Horn would've been useful against Ogres and the such I guess, but there are other options for them as well. The new expansion will offer different fights probably, but I doubt it goes back to Y1 mechanics.

I always felt Horn was appropriately powered. Its an exotic heavy with limited shots and risk of suicide. So yeah it deals great damage, which it should. Other rocket launchers were just useless against bosses.

The thing about the old IB, Pocket Infinity etc is that they actually felt Exotic. They were completely different from other weapons in the same branch. I loved how you could melt with PI up close. The risk was being in melee range. Same feeling for 4th Horseman which was my fave weapon to use in HoW.

The new light level will be high enough to push us back into blues, and new legendaries will be locked behind new currencies with weekly lock outs and transfer blocks to stop people spamming themselves to full legendaries immediately.

Remember - pre TTK everyone was hyped that char level mattered and light wouldn't...except actually light mattered a lot but infusion offered variety in end game gear....except double RNG plus infusion losses meant variety was too expensive...so eventually we got loss-free infusion AND the removal of nearly all light RNG.

Typical phasing of light/leveling:-

1. TTK only - new char level so XP needed to be able to equip legendary gear
2. Co inciding with 1 the "blue phase" where you're grinding light levels to be able to get back into strikes and eventually (say) the nightfall.
3. Lower-light legendary phase - this is where you get nightfall ready and raid ready
4. Normal-mode light phase - this is where you get more gear at decent light levels, filling any gaps and getting some variety back in what gear you can use
5. Hard-mode light phase - the final push/grind to move up to very end game light levels and up to max light level - also increasing the variety of the gear you can use

TDB, HoW and PoE only really sent us back to Phase 3 (as far as I can remember)...TTK sent us back to phase 1

I think given they want RoI to last awhile it will be similar to TTK and they will send us back into blue gear (with or without a char-level bump).

This gives 4 gear-grinding phases for us to work through...

SkylineRKR

I still think Etheric light was the best thing they had done. Not locked behind RNG but didn't drop like candy either. You chose what would be ascended, it could've even been your first VoG set.

The latest infusion is very much like EL since its 1:1. But its locked behind RNG as you'll need 335 pieces.

E92 M3

It is done. Only missing Voidfang Vestments, Skull of dire Ahamkara and exotic class items for a full collection.

Also, since I haven't posted it so far:

Nice and those you will get eventually.

The new light level will be high enough to push us back into blues, and new legendaries will be locked behind new currencies with weekly lock outs and transfer blocks to stop people spamming themselves to full legendaries immediately.

Remember - pre TTK everyone was hyped that char level mattered and light wouldn't...except actually light mattered a lot but infusion offered variety in end game gear....except double RNG plus infusion losses meant variety was too expensive...so eventually we got loss-free infusion AND the removal of nearly all light RNG.

Typical phasing of light/leveling:-

1. TTK only - new char level so XP needed to be able to equip legendary gear
2. Co inciding with 1 the "blue phase" where you're grinding light levels to be able to get back into strikes and eventually (say) the nightfall.
3. Lower-light legendary phase - this is where you get nightfall ready and raid ready
4. Normal-mode light phase - this is where you get more gear at decent light levels, filling any gaps and getting some variety back in what gear you can use
5. Hard-mode light phase - the final push/grind to move up to very end game light levels and up to max light level - also increasing the variety of the gear you can use

TDB, HoW and PoE only really sent us back to Phase 3 (as far as I can remember)...TTK sent us back to phase 1

I think given they want RoI to last awhile it will be similar to TTK and they will send us back into blue gear (with or without a char-level bump).

This gives 4 gear-grinding phases for us to work through...

Hopefully not - I'd rather that we just have to grind for optimization.

WeTeHa

Did that last in 2015.
I wasn't a year 1 player, so collecting all that stuff in year 2 was expensive :p
Nice and those you will get eventually.
With the change to the way engrams decrypt since the april update even my warlock is constantly decrypting Twilight Garrison and Graviton Forfeit. Sooner or later Xur HAS to sell Voidfang Vestments. He hasn't sold it in year 2 at all (I think).
No 401 and you will like it!
Go level up in Bloodborne :p
At least make it 420 or 444 or something.

sajj316

Considering they are giving it away with mission completion .. I'd expect a NERF. Maybe it'll be a legendary instead of an exotic with different perks to make it more like YR1 Jellyhorn?

I wasn't a year 1 player, so collecting all that stuff in year 2 was expensive :p

With the change to the way engrams decrypt since the april update even my warlock is constantly decrypting Twilight Garrison and Graviton Forfeit. Sooner or later Xur HAS to sell Voidfang Vestments. He hasn't sold it in year 2 at all (I think).

Go level up in Bloodborne :p
At least make it 420 or 444 or something.
<3 bloodborne and souls series

FyreWulff

Considering they are giving it away with mission completion .. I'd expect a NERF. Maybe it'll be a legendary instead of an exotic with different perks to make it more like YR1 Jellyhorn?

I think it's still going to be an exotic due to Wolfpack Rounds. It's basically a Rocket Shotgun. Also newcomers to the game get a quest exotic so they figure out out the exotic mechanic faster too. imo Destiny has had a blind spot in it's player training where exotics are just.. there.

sajj316

I think it's still going to be an exotic due to Wolfpack Rounds. It's basically a Rocket Shotgun. Also newcomers to the game get a quest exotic so they figure out out the exotic mechanic faster too.

Oh well. Still good to know it's back. I'd also welcome different burns so I can triple up and use this rocket launcher going forward.

ocean

Banned
Why do I bother opening Sterling Boxes? I've only gotten one desolate piece........all I see is Spektar.

No 401 and you will like it!

Wish we could trade. Desolate is based off PoE armor, which is a really close second (to the gross King's Fall) as the absolute ugliest armor in the game for me. I really liked the Titan and Warlock Spektar sets though

Top Bottom