• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

ch4fx_

Congrats, may it be the first of many. Did you write anything back? My personal favorite: yo new number who dis?

I congratulated him on a game well played & then blocked/reported him. I usually try to avoid online trolls & their silly anecdotes.

Thank for the wishes gentleman. No congratulatory messages yet, but I do find myself on the other end sometimes, thinking "well played, sir" when a skilled player baits me into their trap. Not that I'm hard to outperform or anything, but I've definitely started to notice which players know what they're doing by the way they move around/control the map.

LTWood12

8eKDZ81.jpg

Centered Titan mark? Cool Cool Cool

The boots look like how a Batman Halloween costume would look. like a plastic thing meant to look like boots over your tennis shoes.

Zocano

I hope for Destiny 2 they partition patrol stuff and story stuff a lot more.

I think a huge problem is that because they weave so much (nearly all) of the story missions into the patrol zones, nothing feels cool or intense. Everything comes off as... flat. So little feels dynamic and grand, nothing feels like a Halo mission.

I mean a big issue with the game has always been that they try to stretch a chunk of content as thin and in as many ways as possible. I've been patient with it because I can at least understand why they have to make such choices with Destiny 1. I will be much more lenient when it comes to the second entry.

bg_raid.jpg

Raid Entrance?. My guess is the Raid has you enter there, starts at the top of the wall. Death Zamboni chases you along the way. You leap off the wall and then you enter raid stage 2.

bg_enemies_1.jpg

These dudes.

bg_enemies_2.jpg

bg_enemies_3.jpg

bg_enemies_4.jpg

3.jpg

New Monacy Ghost

11.jpg

SIVA Ghost (Raid reward?) Likely since it's a new model Could imply that all the Raid gear will be SIVA looking which makes sense.

Just some thoughts. The Warlock set is likely the Iron Banner reward, The hunter set is the Trails of Osiris Reward and the Titan Set is just a new set not tied to anything particular.

Those Fallen captains look SICK AS HELL, FUCK.
I've been pretty impressed with all the mutant models so far, they look sick. I know it's just the fallen, but they did a lot better with these than they did with the taken. Hats off to the guys that created those mutants, they did a great job.

Zocano

I think the Rasputin/Golden Age Tech aesthetic is cool and it's a fun motif for them to incorporate into the Fallen scavenging obsession.

Lots of dgaffers, myself included, have been playing Overwatch. I don't know if that's up your alley though. I've also been playing the new Witcher Dlc which is good from what I've played.
I'm a wow junkie when I have game tkme, but all of my budget for the month went to the expansion and 14 months of plus. In end I am playing the latest Kirby on 3ds while retrying, or stuff on the backlog.

sajj316

Looking to get a KF-HM raid going tonight. Let me know who's interested. Would be around 10-10:30 PM EST. Most likely fresh unless someone has a Totems CP. This is PS4.

1. sajj316

Not sure if it's the raid gear, but the symbol on all that gear is the same as the emblem of the Fallen House:

jnc10cW.png

plaguelands.jpg

Thats the symbol of the warmind. The warmind might be called SIVA or the warmind might have created SIVA. Either way it's a warmind symbol and the armor is themed after that. It's part of the main story not the Raid. Siva is the hindu name for Shiva and it's a place in russia

rasputin_c9489762802b863ec9c5354135b348a0.jpg

Rasputin symbol for reference.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Ya'll are crazy the Titan armor has a sweet Tron aesthetic going on

Imagine it in blue
Omg breezy said something positive, and he's right, that new Titan armor is slick as hell. I thought TTK was a humongous step back in he gear department sans a few exceptions. What we've seen so far is such a breath of fresh air.

Thats the symbol of the warmind. The warmind might be called SIVA or the warmind might have created SIVA. Either way it's a warmind symbol and the armor is themed after that. It's part of the main story not the Raid. Siva is the hindu name for Shiva and it's a place in russia

Rasputin symbol for reference.

totally makes sense that different Warminds would have different symbols. Great catch.

Not sure what "story" armor is though, since we've never had that, per se. Year 2 for example was Vanguard A & B, Crucible A&B, Iron Banner, Trials, Raid A & B, Playstation Exclusive A & B.

Think it'll be Vanguard? The story is Iron Lord theme, so I wonder what Iron Banner will reward.

We in uncharted waters.

Also, why do we have that debauched armor when we could have Feedback Fence back:
ACD-Feedback-Fence-exotic-review.png

That's good Warmind armor.

Definitely sounds like it's Raid gear then.

Odd that they'd reveal endgame gear like that, but then again they did show IB and ToO as well.

I'm still doubting it's Raid gear tbh. Really not sure what it could be if it's not. It's clearly too good looking to be the new basic gear. It has to be something special to go alongside what we assume is ToO and IB gear. Hmm

Ya'll are crazy the Titan armor has a sweet Tron aesthetic going on

Imagine it in blue

Omg breezy said something positive, and he's right, that new Titan armor is slick as hell. I thought TTK was a humongous step back in he gear department sans a few exceptions. What we've seen so far is such a breath of fresh air.

emma-stone-gifs-judging-summerfantasies.gif

edit: different strokes, different folks, yadda, yadda. It's fun to joke around with this, but srsly.

Dez_

Looking to get a KF-HM raid going tonight. Let me know who's interested. Would be around 10-10:30 PM EST. Most likely fresh unless someone has a Totems CP. This is PS4.

1. sajj316

I'm interested. Been a while since I've done the raid, and I'm craving some more Destiny lately. psn: rcmDez

LTWood12

Best Titan Raid Armor by piece (assuming siva armor is raid armor)

Siva Helmet
Kabr Gauntlets
Kabr Chest
Kabr Greaves

All the marks are bad.

Dthomp

1. sajj316

I'm in the same boat as Dez as far as haven't done a raid in quite a while but wouldn't mind a run tonight. Dthomp-

Dthomp

Is there anybody available that wouldn't mind or need to run Sealing The Blade (Sunless Cell) for Dark Drinker Sword? Would prefer not to do this with randos if possible. After would/need be willing to run for Raze Lighter as well. LMK Dthomp-

SpecX

1. sajj316

I'm up for it, haven't done KF is forever.

Dez_

Is there anybody available that wouldn't mind or need to run Sealing The Blade (Sunless Cell) for Dark Drinker Sword? Would prefer not to do this with randos if possible. After would/need be willing to run for Raze Lighter as well. LMK Dthomp-

Hey Dthomp! I can help you out with those quests if you need to. Looking to do them now, or at a later time?

okay, played the alpha and beta and was super disappointed in both but this game doesn't have 41 OTs for no reason and Taken King LEgendary Edition is on sale

thinking of buying it, here's what I didn't like about both the alpha and beta

-ults in mp were insta kills
-not much variation between classes
-not much build variation and level up skills, not even close to something like Borderlands let alone a deeper RPG
-soulless defend the dinklebot missions
-barebones campaign/story
-raids with no matchmaking (I don't have many PS4 friends)
-poor weapon variety
-no space stuff
-lifeless world

I loved the gunplay and armor design though.

any of these changed or altered or whatnot? I love Halo and Borderlands both so I figured this would be a match made in heaven but...

Dthomp

okay, played the alpha and beta and was super disappointed in both but this game doesn't have 41 OTs for no reason and Taken King LEgendary Edition is on sale

thinking of buying it, here's what I didn't like about both the alpha and beta

-ults in mp were insta kills
-not much variation between classes
-not much build variation and level up skills, not even close to something like Borderlands let alone a deeper RPG
-soulless defend the dinklebot missions
-barebones campaign/story
-raids with no matchmaking (I don't have many PS4 friends)
-poor weapon variety
-no space stuff
-lifeless world

I loved the gunplay and armor design though.

any of these changed or altered or whatnot? I love Halo and Borderlands both so I figured this would be a match made in heaven but...

Hmmm, well none of the things you didn't enjoy have changed. Gunplay is still top notch but otherwise I'm not sure you'd enjoy it much more then before

Shame, how do people have so many goddamn hours in to this then? Is it a grind or what?

It is fun to play.

In terms of your criticisms:

The missions and writing got a lot better with the expansions, TTK especially.

There are a ton of different weapons, and most broad types are viable for PvE and PvP. Particular weapons and rolls are better than others, of course.

All nine subclasses feel distinct to me.

Top Bottom