• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Where's the bank in the tower? Wanna put my spark of light somewhere so I don't accidentally use it

Also is silver a micro transaction thing? Should I just spend it on an emote and be done with it?
3 giant towers at the tower w/ computer terminals is vault.

Also,
Yes
&
Yes

This game could really benefit from a slam like Borderlands The Pre sequel, you'd hit crouch in mid flight and come crashing to the ground

GutZ31

I just got the exact same gun with the exact same stats 3 times
Your level and light level tell the game what pool of weapons/gear you are allowed to get.
Levels under 30 will likely only give you chances at green and blue loot, and very rare chance at purple and gold.

Green=uncommon
Blue=rare
Purple=legendary
Gold/Yellow=exotic

The higher your light level, the higher the possibility of gear dropping at higher light levels.

Exotics are almost impossible to get without buff items(3 of Coin), or raiding/nightfall.
It is still possible to get them randomly from purple drops, but very very rare.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Your level and light level tell the game what pool of weapons/gear you are allowed to get.
Levels under 30 will likely only give you chances at green and blue loot, and very rare chance at purple and gold.

Green=uncommon
Blue=rare
Purple=legendary
Gold/Yellow=exotic

The higher your light level, the higher the possibility of gear dropping at higher light levels.
LOOK LT, I FOUND LOS! He is still alive! :D
There was conversation about you in the Discord the other day. LT felt lonely.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm waiting to find out if there is going to be a Digital collectors edition.
But... What if there is an iron gjallarhorn in the CE box?
I'm all digital with destiny lol

I'll take a Mini Gjallarhorn model, or necklace, or some other useless crap that they'll invariably put into a box. I'm pretty much committed to buying everything physical-Destiny forever now :)

I even bought the damn Iron Gjallarhorn shirt after it went live on the livestream.

Dave_6

Finally! My reward for hitting rank 43.
26983138854_6f39251035_o.jpg

About fucking time...

SnakeEyes

Banned
Can someone sit me down and explain this with me plz. Why do I get 285 LL from engrams while I'm 321?
Have you done all the story missions on said character?

I find I still get greens dropping on my Hunter and Titan, where I missed a lot of the missions and power-levelled them.

Can someone sit me down and explain this with me plz. Why do I get 285 LL from engrams while I'm 321?

Legendary or Blues?

Don't rely on random engram drops to level up your light, cause they won't. Only way is to get drops from faction packages, nightfall, crucible, iron banner, challenge of elders, court of oryx, trials and KF raid. Only they will drop at or up to +6 of your light level.

Legendary or Blues?

Don't rely on random engram drops to level up your light, cause they won't. Only way is to get drops from faction packages, nightfall, crucible, iron banner, challenge of elders, court of oryx, trials and KF raid. Only they will drop at or up to +6 of your light level.
Well guess that's my issue. More than Half that stuff I don't run anymore.

Zereta

Hi DestinyGAF! I'm new around here! I used to play a bunch of Destiny and stopped right before House of Wolves came out. Lately with the Rise of Iron stuff sounding cool and being on summer break, I've decided I might buy the Taken King and finally get back into Destiny. While most of the game can be soloable and has matchmaking, I know some of the tougher versions of PoE and King's Fall doesn't have that.

Is there an active Destiny PS4 group that does raids and wouldn't mind, at least in the beginning, helping guide and sherpa me if I do start playing?

Also: how has loot drops change? I remember around the time Crota's End came out, they tried to make loot drops be better. But while I've been following the game since, I'm not sure if any significant change has been made on that. Also with the infusion stuff, I understand I can infuse old raid gear with new stuff to boost it's power up? So like my Fatebringer, I can boost it up?

Really considering jumping back in Destiny. Some of the best mechanics in the business and I only really stopped because I had to focus on editing a documentary. Just never got back into it after.

sajj316

Thank you Rusty Raiders for running Kings Fall. We didn't finish Oryx, I still can't platform jump if my life depended on it, and Dthomp hates the Wii U. Loved the company. Happy to run it anytime with you all now that some of the rust has worn off.

JaY P.

Thank you Rusty Raiders for running Kings Fall. We didn't finish Oryx, I still can't platform jump if my life depended on it, and Dthomp hates the Wii U. Loved the company. Happy to run it anytime with you all now that some of the rust has worn off.

Here here! Thanks for the great run and even greater company. I think the ninty talk at the end hit us with the ninty curse! I sincerely apologize for bringing it up!

Anyway, hit me up if you guys need a runner.

Dez_

I think I'm going to have Mario's theme song stuck in my head the next time I raid :p

It was fun guys. Living up to the rusty name.

Hi DestinyGAF! I'm new around here! I used to play a bunch of Destiny and stopped right before House of Wolves came out. Lately with the Rise of Iron stuff sounding cool and being on summer break, I've decided I might buy the Taken King and finally get back into Destiny. While most of the game can be soloable and has matchmaking, I know some of the tougher versions of PoE and King's Fall doesn't have that.

Is there an active Destiny PS4 group that does raids and wouldn't mind, at least in the beginning, helping guide and sherpa me if I do start playing?

Also: how has loot drops change? I remember around the time Crota's End came out, they tried to make loot drops be better. But while I've been following the game since, I'm not sure if any significant change has been made on that. Also with the infusion stuff, I understand I can infuse old raid gear with new stuff to boost it's power up? So like my Fatebringer, I can boost it up?

Really considering jumping back in Destiny. Some of the best mechanics in the business and I only really stopped because I had to focus on editing a documentary. Just never got back into it after.

Welcome. Even though activity is low now and will probably remain so until september, many GAFers still run raids, nightfalls, CoE, Trials etc every week, so you can always post here when you're looking for a group for those activities. Reset day and weekends are usually the best days to find groups.

Year 1 weapons like Fatebringer can not be upgraded to year 2 levels via infusion, so all those items in your vault will not be upgradeable. Fortunately getting your level up is pretty easy and you can easily get to 300+ light and be ready for some end game content.

Look at the OP and there will be more info, good idea to sign up for Hawkian's newbie raid once you're leveled up.

Zereta

Welcome. Even though activity is low now and will probably remain so until september, many GAFers still run raids, nightfalls, CoE, Trials etc every week, so you can always post here when you're looking for a group for those activities. Reset day and weekends are usually the best days to find groups.

Year 1 weapons like Fatebringer can not be upgraded to year 2 levels via infusion, so all those items in your vault will not be upgradeable. Fortunately getting your level up is pretty easy and you can easily get to 300+ light and be ready for some end game content.

Look at the OP and there will be more info, good idea to sign up for Hawkian's newbie raid once you're leveled up.

Thank you! Will do! Looking forward to slowly get myself back in the Destiny groove.

Marvel

could never
Welcome zereta.

A psion flayer cape dropped finally in the strike yesterday, so happy. Red one too, which looks great!

But... Titan is my main and highest LL character, onwards in my quest for mauls mauler chainsaw gauntlets.

Top Bottom