• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Aren't the Raids like 6 hours long? Can you break them up?

Also how's the customization in this game? Is everyone walking around with the same gear on or what

Lee

Only the first time through. And yes, checkpoints at each major section let you leave and come back.

Also how's the customization in this game? Is everyone walking around with the same gear on or what

Better than ever before, for the most part. There's over a dozen armor combinations for each class that can be brought to max light level.

On the first week yeah the raid is like 14 hours long lol but nowadays you can breeze through Kings Fall (the current endgame raid) on hard mode in 45 minutes. And thats the same with any raid. At the beggining its rough but the community finds the path of least resistance in a fucking week lol.

sajj316

Depends on how well you know the parts and team work. You can finish the raid in an hour or two. Raid gear isn't required but some of the weapons in the KF raid work well for this raid. Some weapons are highly recommended like Touch of Malice and Black Spindle.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I mean in the alpha and the beta you had so little to work with I thought, therefore how would you know how deep the various armor, weapon, and subclass systems go? That's not even accounting for the fact that the game is so much different than it was at launch...

Omg breezy said something positive, and he's right, that new Titan armor is slick as hell. I thought TTK was a humongous step back in he gear department sans a few exceptions. What we've seen so far is such a breath of fresh air.

Yes it is! It has this sweet Tron aesthetic that people just can't appreciate. It's like digital sex.

totally makes sense that different Warminds would have different symbols. Great catch.

Not sure what "story" armor is though, since we've never had that, per se. Year 2 for example was Vanguard A & B, Crucible A&B, Iron Banner, Trials, Raid A & B, Playstation Exclusive A & B.

Think it'll be Vanguard? The story is Iron Lord theme, so I wonder what Iron Banner will reward.

We in uncharted waters.

Also, why do we have that debauched armor when we could have Feedback Fence back:

That's good Warmind armor.

Look at these badass boots!

edit: different strokes, different folks, yadda, yadda. It's fun to joke around with this, but srsly.

WOW SERIOUSLY GUYS. HAVE YOU SEEN TRON? Y'KNOW, THE VIDEO GAME MOVIE BEFORE VIDEO GAMES WERE A THING? WOOOOW.

I can't believe you hate good things.

Lee

I mean in the alpha and the beta you had so little to work with I thought, therefore how would you know how deep the various armor, weapon, and subclass systems go? That's not even accounting for the fact that the game is so much different than it was at launch...

Even beyond the Alpha and Beta, the true experience that keeps these OTs coming is the raids, the Iron Banner trains, the flawless Trials runs, the long nights and the grinds for perfect rolls on elusive guns. It's really hard to explain all of that to people in my experience.

SnakeEyes

Banned
okay, played the alpha and beta and was super disappointed in both but this game doesn't have 41 OTs for no reason and Taken King LEgendary Edition is on sale

thinking of buying it, here's what I didn't like about both the alpha and beta

-ults in mp were insta kills
-not much variation between classes
-not much build variation and level up skills, not even close to something like Borderlands let alone a deeper RPG
-soulless defend the dinklebot missions
-barebones campaign/story
-raids with no matchmaking (I don't have many PS4 friends)
-poor weapon variety
-no space stuff
-lifeless world

I loved the gunplay and armor design though.

any of these changed or altered or whatnot? I love Halo and Borderlands both so I figured this would be a match made in heaven but...
To be fair, a decent portion of those 41 OTs is dedicated to LFG-type posts ;-)

By looking it up, the subclass skills seemed to differ very little and every warlock sunflare dude or whatever is gonna end up the same. Weapons idk, but it kept giving me the same 3 weapons...

Is the leveling experience improved at all or is it just the endgame stuff?

basically can anyone whose played borderlands compre the two outside of Destiny having better art and gunplay?

Mindlog

The game is acting really weird. Emotes don't show up, etc.
Yeah and I think I red barred someone? I don't know.
g3fwQkv.gif

The gif isn't edited. I just don't know.

sajj316

I can go. I have experience and can man a platform. PSN RAIDERSfan_808

Ok, in. Since we have folks that haven't done it in a while, memory kicks in after a few wipes :). My expectations are to get as far as we can. Maybe give ourselves 2 hours.

Who knows .. Maybe I make this a weekly thing on Fridays. To be honest, I only raid to hang out and chill with chill people.

meh, I'm feeling low so I figure I'd reward myself and buy it

Love bungie so hopefully the mp at least captures some halo magic

if I don't wanna use the 25 level boost because I wanna level up myself I don't have to right?

JaY P.

Ok, in. Since we have folks that haven't done it in a while, memory kicks in after a few wipes :). My expectations are to get as far as we can. Maybe give ourselves 2 hours.

Who knows .. Maybe I make this a weekly thing on Fridays. To be honest, I only raid to hang out and chill with chill people.

That's fine. I came back about a week ago from a 6 month hiatus so I understand. I'll be ready to go in a few hours.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
By looking it up, the subclass skills seemed to differ very little and every warlock sunflare dude or whatever is gonna end up the same. Weapons idk, but it kept giving me the same 3 weapons...

Is the leveling experience improved at all or is it just the endgame stuff?

basically can anyone whose played borderlands compre the two outside of Destiny having better art and gunplay?
Oh you mean if I'm a sun bro and you're a sun bro are we both the same basically?

No, I don't think so.
Abilities used are quite varied depending on the combinations you choose and gravitate to. Of course there are abilities that are much better than others given specific situations but for the most part it's up to your preference and RNG. I say RNG because the other half of the puzzle revolves around your armor which heavily augments how you use the abilities you do (and how often you're able to use them)for whichever class you choose to be.

spyder_ur

Are the servers funky for others? I just logged in, decrypted a few engrams, and got booted. Loaded back in and the engrams were not decrypted?

spyder_ur

Everyone's been having issues for the last few hours.

It's weird, it's like I'm playing in a time warp. I keep doing stuff in the game and when I get booted and log back in nothing keeps. Engrams, bounties, Trials cards etc just reset. I don't ever remember seeing this once stuff since it's server side.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Am I going to want to or is leveling up different enough per class that I can safely ignore it if I generally dislike unlock shortcuts in games?
Nope, levelling up is the same except for the 3rd subclass unlock missions (which are different for each characters 3rd subclass.)

Nope, levelling up is the same except for the 3rd subclass unlock missions (which are different for each characters 3rd subclass.)

yeah but I mean are the class abilities different enough like Blands or Diablo where leveling up could be seen as fun?

also titan or warlock/exo or human, gaf decides

yeah but I mean are the class abilities different enough like Blands or Diablo where leveling up could be seen as fun?

Abilities are unlocked on their own by accumulating XP while the subclass is equipped. Level, until 40, is the gate the game uses to handicap you if you attempt stuff that's too hard; the level 25 booster was to let you, the new Destiny player, play TTK missions with your friends who had been playing a year.

Unlocking each subclass fully took an annoyingly long time.

Abilities are unlocked on their own by accumulating XP while the subclass is equipped. Level, until 40, is the gate the game uses to handicap you if you attempt stuff that's too hard; the level 25 booster was to let you, the new Destiny player, play TTK missions with your friends who had been playing a year.

Unlocking each subclass fully took an annoyingly long time.

What if I have no friends who are leveling up and I want to do most vanilla +expansion 1/2 content?

Should I use the booster for my second class then because leveling seems to be a grind according to you?

also I'm obviously going to put stock in my face customization, I come from a CRPG background, just wondering if it matters/shows at endgame.

What if I have no friends who are leveling up and I want to do most vanilla +expansion 1/2 content?

Should I use the booster for my second class then because leveling seems to be a grind according to you?

also I'm obviously going to put stock in my face customization, I come from a CRPG background, just wondering if it matters/shows at endgame.
You're face doesn't really matter, it only shows in social spaces(tower and reef) if you choose the option in e setting to have your face show. Otherwise, it's pointless to invest a whole lot of time in your characters face as it will rarely be seen.

In your inventory, next to your armor shows your intellect, discipline, and strength. You get these on armor. Each one has 5 tiers that you unlock. Each tier reduces your ability cool downs.

Intellect: super
Discipline: grenade
Strength: melee
Oh so was that just a way of saying fashion destiny>

sajj316

Rusty Raiders assembling around 10:30 EST.

Looking to get a KF-HM raid going tonight. Let me know who's interested. Would be around 10-10:30 PM EST. Most likely fresh unless someone has a Totems CP. This is PS4.

1. sajj316
2. rcmDez
3. Dthomp
4. SpecX
5. desgrafx
6. Raidersfan_808

Where's the bank in the tower? Wanna put my spark of light somewhere so I don't accidentally use it

Also is silver a micro transaction thing? Should I just spend it on an emote and be done with it?

Top Bottom