• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

X-Frame

Evidence that Hammer Forged provides an additional Boost to Accuracy, courtesy of /u/gintellectual on the CruciblePlaybook sub-reddit.

A flat 10% Accuracy boost to be exact.

Interesting thread, and as I commented in there I have two Finnala's, one with Rifled Barrel (plus Hot Swap and Icarus) that I've been using all this time to maximize Range, and another I had in the vault this whole time with Hammer Forged (plus Triple Tap and Reactive Reload).

One game with the HF one definitely seems like it is snappier in close-quarters engagements when firing at maximum fire rate, so I'll give it a try for some time to compare. I guess that thread opens up the possibility that it's not so black and white anymore.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
All 3 chars 335.
I've beaten Bungie!, until cap raise in July to 350 which brings us Taken VoG and CE classico revampo

Was already playing super casual, now I'm Super Filthy Casual, Huzzah!

Today was a horrible experience overall.

1st, just trying to get Shaxx bounties was a pain. Took 4 rift matches and 7 control matches to get a win of each. That was like 2 hours for 2/3rd of a single Shaxx Bounty -_-

I finally got that done with Clash going 1/1 and I got a crappy AR 3 legendary marks to show for it. It's sad how rare you can get a viable item from those rewards.

2nd (OT with a tldr), tried Overwatch and I felt soooo lost. Not only that, mine was bugged where I can't see teammates' names AND I couldn't see enemy health bars. That made for a bad experience since I can never tell when my teammate told me there's such and such on my dead body, and I never knew how much damage I did to an enemy. After I logged off for the day I found out a possible fix so hopefully that works. Because, when I restarted, the names and health displayed until I died. It started to get pretty fun when I got the hang of it.

tl;dr: Initial experience was ruined by a UI bug, but overall it was actually really fun. I'm not super addicted, yet.

inthrall

1st, just trying to get Shaxx bounties was a pain. Took 4 rift matches and 7 control matches to get a win of each. That was like 2 hours for 2/3rd of a single Shaxx Bounty -_-

I finally got that done with Clash going 1/1 and I got a crappy AR 3 legendary marks to show for it. It's sad how rare you can get a viable item from those rewards.

2nd (OT with a tldr), tried Overwatch and I felt soooo lost. Not only that, mine was bugged where I can't see teammates' names AND I couldn't see enemy health bars. That made for a bad experience since I can never tell when my teammate told me there's such and such on my dead body, and I never knew how much damage I did to an enemy. After I logged off for the day I found out a possible fix so hopefully that works. Because, when I restarted, the names and health displayed until I died. It started to get pretty fun when I got the hang of it.

tl;dr: Initial experience was ruined by a UI bug, but overall it was actually really fun. I'm not super addicted, yet.

Overwatch was excellent when I tried it a week or two ago, good enough for me to preorder it at least. Felt a lot like it was TF3, but had been inspired a lot by dota-style abilities (stronger abilities, to the point where some heroes can focus on them instead of shooting)

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for my laptop to update so I did the crucible weekly inferno 6v6 and it was relaxing. I played it with no sound whatever and that makes it even more intense.

Overwatch was excellent when I tried it a week or two ago, good enough for me to preorder it at least. Felt a lot like it was TF3, but had been inspired a lot by dota-style abilities (stronger abilities, to the point where some heroes can focus on them instead of shooting)

It's fun. I just really need an Nvidia fix or whatever is causing the bug so I can actually see how much damage I'm doing and where my teammates are.

WeTeHa

Anyone running COE? I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes.

Showing the ropes isn't really needed. Just kill stuff until you get your super. Kill stuff with super, make orbs. Get orbs from others, kill stuff.

Use bad juju, inverse shadow/shine on perk. Stormcaller is crazy OP. Arc blade is great as well because you get melee AND super points for a kill.

Once again, it's incredibly easy this week. Homeboyd, madeira and I got 55k points yesterday with 2 stormcallers and 1 defender titan.

This is why I never do IB weekly bounties so my Shaxx ones are always at 4/5 completed, I can do the 2 x 1500pts ones straightaway then the rest at my leisure

2real4tv

Was running Sunsinger yesterday had a lot of fun realized I was using the wrong jump setting changing to focused boost speed me up a bit.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Hey bros. What is the best way to get maximum light level without playing with friends? Can the vanguard strikes drop 335 gear?

noomi

Sup DGAF.

So lets just say I wanna get back into Destiny for shits & gigs.

Would it be very time consuming and difficult to get to light level 335?

I think I'm finally starting to get to a place where I can possibly dedicate some time back into some gaming...

Namikaze1

Sup DGAF.

I think I'm finally starting to get to a place where I can possibly dedicate some time back into some gaming...
Not that time consuming and difficult at all really. The new infusion makes things much easier.

How's the Dad life by the way?

Sup DGAF.

Not as easy/quick as the etherlic light system but FAR quicker then before this latest update.

Read this. Lists all the ways of getting gear and the light it drops too. IMO the greatest thing about this update is you can pretty much do whatever you want to progress. If you want to race to 335, Raid is probably the best. If you don't mind taking a bit longer you could do it 100% via Crucible if you wish.

noomi

Not that time consuming and difficult at all really. The new infusion makes things much easier.

How's the Dad life by the way?

Cool, I might be able to squeeze in some time here and there. I started reading about all the April update changes, and quickly got that Destiny itch again. I want me some of that Desolate Armor, some Chroma gear as well, and all the new exotics I'm now missing, haha! I feel incomplete! Lord knows I'm starting to miss Destiny and good 'ole DGAF days ^_^

Dad life is certainly challenging lol. Noomi Jr. is one month old now and things are finally starting to fall into place. He is sleeping more, crying less, and my wife and I found a pretty good rhythm where we can both get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep when we cycle watching and feeding the little guy.

How about yourself nami? I remember you mentioning that you were also expecting a few months back.

Not as easy/quick as the etherlic light system but FAR quicker then before this latest update.

Read this. Lists all the ways of getting gear and the light it drops too. IMO the greatest thing about this update is you can pretty much do whatever you want to progress. If you want to race to 335, Raid is probably the best. If you don't mind taking a bit longer you could do it 100% via Crucible if you wish.

Awesome, thanks for the link!

Will definitely check that out. I'm trying to catch up to all the changes I've missed... mostly PvE content... as I don't really care about crucible so much anymore

Namikaze1

Cool, I might be able to squeeze in some time here and there. I started reading about all the April update changes, and quickly got that Destiny itch again. I want me some of that Desolate Armor, some Chroma gear as well, and all the new exotics I'm now missing, haha! I feel incomplete! Lord knows I'm starting to miss Destiny and good 'ole DGAF days ^_^

Dad life is certainly challenging lol. Noomi Jr. is one month old now and things are finally starting to fall into place. He is sleeping more, crying less, and my wife and I found a pretty good rhythm where we can both get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep when we cycle watching and feeding the little guy.

How about yourself nami? I remember you mentioning that you were also expecting a few months back.
Sent you a PM.

Anyway, it's good to see you around these parts again, dude. :)

Top Bottom