• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Anyone grab the PDX-45 today? Roll #2 seems legit.

Roll 2: SLO-19/SPO-28/SPO-57 - Perfect Balance/Feather Mag - Full Auto - Speed Reload/Rifled Barrel

Same roll I have on my favorite Hawksaw. Even the sights are the same.

Full leveled its 51 Range and 86 Stability.

Heck I might pick that up myself just to give it a whirl.

Navy Bean

So i did my first strike with 2 other random dudes, it was called The Devils' Lair and while it was fun the bosses were so damn tanky, it was probably because i didn't have the right equipment. Also i'm wondering if i should dismantle every common item that has outlived its usefulness, it makes sense i just don't want to regret something later on.

Wow, it seems ages ago that I first ran Devil's Lair. I assume you're new to the game? In general for strikes you want a high impact sniper or a good heavy machine gun... Later on you can grab a sword which is useful for a number of the strikes. Also, Titan bubble with weapons of light or Hunter teather will help with DPS.

Also, feel free to dismantle any non-purple or yellow stuff (and even that stuff later on but in the beginning I'd hold on to it).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, it seems ages ago that I first ran Devil's Lair. I assume you're new to the game? In general for strikes you want a high impact sniper or a good heavy machine gun... Later on you can grab a sword which is useful for a number of the strikes. Also, Titan bubble with weapons of light or Hunter teather will help with DPS.

Also, feel free to dismantle any non-purple or yellow stuff (and even that stuff later on but in the beginning I'd hold on to it).

yeah i'm pretty new to this game, i tried the demo for an hour and yesterday i bought the full game since it was on sale. Basically i'm green as fuck and the only thing i know is to shoot everything and that glimmer upgrades your armor and weapons. I'm currently a level 9 Titan working my way trough the story (LOL) missions.
thanks for the DPS and dismantle tips i'm gonna keep it mind once i get to higher levels.

FyreWulff

Up to

eYSU3Xe.jpg

It's because it's more discount if you're Plus

And for those that want to know real quick

Taken King DLC - 30$ (35$ non-Plus)

Taken King Legendary - 35$ (45$)

Taken King Digital Collector Edition - 40$ (60$)

Ryck

yeah i'm pretty new to this game, i tried the demo for an hour and yesterday i bought the full game since it was on sale. Basically i'm green as fuck and the only thing i know is to shoot everything and that glimmer upgrades your armor and weapons. I'm currently a level 9 Titan working my way trough the story (LOL) missions.
thanks for the DPS and dismantle tips i'm gonna keep it mind once i get to higher levels.
Use the Spark of Light in your consumables. :)

( automatically takes you to level 25 )

If you need a hand, and you are on PSN just send a message. Plenty of people here will help you trough the missions. PSN same as GAF.

Marvel

could never
I'd really like to run CoE for the first time tonight if anyone wants to in an hour or so?

PSN Assassio if you do not already have me on your list.

Hedera

Ok we only need 3 more ( we can maybe 5 man it if need be)

Anyone got Golgy CP to share?
I believe you need a six man fireteam to clear the challenge. I remember suggesting that the last time it was the challenge and someone said it probably wouldn't work with 5. I googled it and ended in some reddit thread that said it had to be with 6 people.

Correct me if this is wrong.

Subclasses take entirely way too freakin' long to level.

I still haven't leveled up my Nightstalker or Stormcaller completely.

Last night I completed an entire tab of Bounties, mostly the bigger XP versions. I had on my Collector's Edition Cloak, and then I popped the Red Bull +50% XP bonus consumable as I turned all the bounties in and 3 quests.

I got 3 bubbles filled in.Three! I still have 4.5 more to go.

This is preposterous.

Complaints aside, all that raises a few more questions for the fall:

• Will we get new subclasses this fall?
  • Will we get new classes? (Sage has previously said that 4 classes tends to have too much sandbox overlap)
  • What will be the promotional Red Bull tie in?
    Kappa.

Finally got around to watching Team "XplicitIgorianApe" take on the 25th best Trials player and win!

Surely the sweatiest of final bosses.

Igor does Igor and gets early picks with Ape immediately pressuring the orb. X on a number of occasions provides the cleanup to close the round. His positioning is stellar & the enemy team gets hit out of nowhere. If you wanna hear what I call Final Boss Callout Ape, listen to this match, lol.

The final round is incredible and worth the watch to see some of DGAF's best on point!

I'm really good at being dead and making call outs yo

LTWood12

Subclasses take entirely way too freakin' long to level.

I still haven't leveled up my Nightstalker or Stormcaller completely.

Last night I completed an entire tab of Bounties, mostly the bigger XP versions. I had on my Collector's Edition Cloak, and then I popped the Red Bull +50% XP bonus consumable as I turned all the bounties in and 3 quests.

I got 3 bubbles filled in.Three! I still have 4.5 more to go.

This is preposterous.

Complaints aside, all that raises a few more questions for the fall:

• Will we get new subclasses this fall?
  • Will we get new classes? (Sage has previously said that 4 classes tends to have too much sandbox overlap)
  • What will be the promotional Red Bull tie in?
    Kappa.

If I were betting on it, there won't be new subclasses or classes in the fall. They'll save anything like that for D2 at this point I would think. Honestly, I think we'll be lucky to get a new raid. I could definitely see the fall expansion being a lot of remixes; to both current content (raids, strikes, gear), and possibly the current classes/subclasses. With the sequel delay happening only a few months ago, I just don't see there being a lot of totally new stuff this fall.

Even so, I'm excited for the Fall expansion. Even if it's something along the lines of a 'Best of Destiny' from the last two years with tweaks it could be a fun lead in to the sequel. I'd like to see a point before the sequel where all the content in the game is relevant.

darthbob

If I were betting on it, there won't be new subclasses or classes in the fall. They'll save anything like that for D2 at this point I would think. Honestly, I think we'll be lucky to get a new raid. I could definitely see the fall expansion being a lot of remixes; to both current content (raids, strikes, gear), and possibly the current classes/subclasses. With the sequel delay happening only a few months ago, I just don't see there being a lot of totally new stuff this fall.

Even so, I'm excited for the Fall expansion. Even if it's something along the lines of a 'Best of Destiny' from the last two years with tweaks it could be a fun lead in to the sequel. I'd like to see a point before the sequel where all the content in the game is relevant.

Hoping for Fall we'll get a Cabal focus, and maybe a new zone. Mars would be my guess as it's been woefully underutilized.

Number45

I feel like enemies that die from tether damage sharing should totally count as super kills.
Yeah, same here - or at least a fraction (like maybe 4 tethered kills = 1 super kill). Always sucks when there's a void kill bounty.

Still, Sunsingers have it worse.

I'm really good at being dead and making call outs yo

Now I know why you like me on your team, because I take that role, lol.

...I could definitely see the fall expansion being a lot of remixes; to both current content (raids, strikes, gear), and possibly the current classes/subclasses.

That would be really sad. (PSF is in agreement with your dour assessment, btw.)

I get what you're saying that the sequel got delayed, so this fall will likely be smaller and will be a hack job. But, I dunno. Destiny should be grand. Remixes aren't that.

For Year 2, I was glad that the quality improved. Paradox is legit the best mission in the game. But for Year 3, I am really hoping for some novelty. (Which admittedly went down the drain with the sequel delay.)

As far as raids go....
we already went back through the entirety of both Y1 raids in missions.

embalm

So I got nothing from completing my Shax bounties last night.

I grabbed the quests. 4 weekly quests were already completed on the main bounty. I finished one more. I complete the 5 for 5 quest and my only reward was a mote of light. It finished like any other weekly bounty.

Has anyone else seen this happen? I'm going to finish up some more of the weekly bounties and see if one of those drops the nightfall loot.

Top Bottom