• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Marvel

could never
Not as easy/quick as the etherlic light system but FAR quicker then before this latest update.

Read this. Lists all the ways of getting gear and the light it drops too. IMO the greatest thing about this update is you can pretty much do whatever you want to progress. If you want to race to 335, Raid is probably the best. If you don't mind taking a bit longer you could do it 100% via Crucible if you wish.
This info will help me out too, as I have returned too and still trying to figure out how to lv quickly.

Ty.

Hit 335 with my Trials loadouts on my Titan and Warlock last night. I still need a 335 helmet for my Hunter's DIS/STR Nightstalker build.

I also only need two more faction exotics! That's only 20 more Heroic Strikes sometime in the future! So close!

I'll probably rep FWC for Warlock/Hunter and keep NM for my Titan.

WipedOut

Hit 335 with my Trials loadouts on my Titan and Warlock last night. I still need a 335 helmet for my Hunter's DIS/STR Nightstalker build.

I also only need two more faction exotics! That's only 20 more Heroic Strikes sometime in the future! So close!

Finally got to my first faction quest on PS4 this past week. Too bad it's sitting there collecting dust. 3 more ranks for my Titan DO so I have 14 Heroic strikes to do still plus a bunch of PVP.

Finally got to my first faction quest on PS4 this past week. Too bad it's sitting there collecting dust. 3 more ranks for my Titan DO so I have 14 Heroic strikes to do still plus a bunch of PVP.

I am seriously debating just blowing all my motes, SC, and mats to get the last two quests this weekend...but that's when Xur will finally sell Gjallahorn V2. I know it!

Daemul

Nearly all 47 pieces of armour and weapons that I use are 335, all I need is to get one more helmet to 335 and that will be me done. It's be a 4 week process but it's been fun, I haven't had all my gear at max light level since HoW, and once I get the helmet I can just start playing the game for fun now, though I'll probably stop doing CoE and the Raid unless someone needs help and instead focus on PvP.

Up to

eYSU3Xe.jpg

Daemul

Today was a horrible experience overall.

1st, just trying to get Shaxx bounties was a pain. Took 4 rift matches and 7 control matches to get a win of each. That was like 2 hours for 2/3rd of a single Shaxx Bounty -_-

I finally got that done with Clash going 1/1 and I got a crappy AR 3 legendary marks to show for it. It's sad how rare you can get a viable item from those rewards.

Ah so it WAS you who I saw on my friends list last night playing Control on XBO. I wasn't sure if it was you because I know other people with a similar GT to yours, so I was hesitant to join in your game and help you crank those weekly bounties out. Now that I know it's you however I'll just send you a message from now to ask if you want an extra hand. Or you could just add me and hit me up if you need help, I'm afk most of the time but just keeping spamming my inbox with messages and I'll see your messages eventually lol

Today was a horrible experience overall.

1st, just trying to get Shaxx bounties was a pain. Took 4 rift matches and 7 control matches to get a win of each. That was like 2 hours for 2/3rd of a single Shaxx Bounty -_-

I finally got that done with Clash going 1/1 and I got a crappy AR 3 legendary marks to show for it. It's sad how rare you can get a viable item from those rewards.

2nd (OT with a tldr), tried Overwatch and I felt soooo lost. Not only that, mine was bugged where I can't see teammates' names AND I couldn't see enemy health bars. That made for a bad experience since I can never tell when my teammate told me there's such and such on my dead body, and I never knew how much damage I did to an enemy. After I logged off for the day I found out a possible fix so hopefully that works. Because, when I restarted, the names and health displayed until I died. It started to get pretty fun when I got the hang of it.

tl;dr: Initial experience was ruined by a UI bug, but overall it was actually really fun. I'm not super addicted, yet.

You can have one of my split shifter pros. I had 3 on the last 4 bounties from Shaxx. It will soon overtake my Last Word drops. 15 Last Word have came out of primary engrams. On my last six primary i had 5 last word and a Mida. Smart loot my ass

Ah so it WAS you who I saw on my friends list last night playing Control on XBO. I wasn't sure if it was you because I know other people with a similar GT to yours, so I was hesitant to join in your game and help you crank those weekly bounties out. Now that I know it's you however I'll just send you a message from now to ask if you want an extra hand. Or you could just add me and hit me up if you need help, I'm afk most of the time but just keeping spamming my inbox with messages and I'll see your messages eventually lol

Haha yea no worries. Definitely come play anytime. I mostly just do random pvp.

You can have one of my split shifter pros. I had 3 on the last 4 bounties from Shaxx. It will soon overtake my Last Word drops. 15 Last Word have came out of primary engrams. On my last six primary i had 5 last word and a Mida. Smart loot my ass

I think I have a good SHP! Rangefinder, Accelerated Coils, and Hidden Hand. I think..

Smart Loot doesn't apply to normal drops unfortunately. It's weighted on packages.

Also, if you're looking for specific exotics and have the Y1 counter part unlocked already, it's only 125 marks to grab the Y2 version. With the amount of infusion fodder dropping now, getting them up to the light level you want is easy.

ocean

Banned

I can't fathom having to run that many Strikes. I'm gonna 25 all the factions I can so I can trigger the quests and hold silent hope that Bungie someday lets us get those cloaks without such a crazy requirement. I did the DO Cloak and it was grueling

WeTeHa

I can't fathom having to run that many Strikes. I'm gonna 25 all the factions I can so I can trigger the quests and hold silent hope that Bungie someday lets us get those cloaks without such a crazy requirement. I did the DO Cloak and it was grueling

I'm the opposite, I actually don't mind the strikes. The pvp wins are a much bigger problem for me :(

It usually takes under 2 hours to run 10 Heroic Strikes with randoms these days. Most people still playing the game know how to breeze past stuff. It's even faster if you play with DGAFers or Jigga.

I usually throw on a podcast and use the strikes as an excuse to mess around with different guns.

Ryck

Anyone up for doing challenge mode today? Need to help my nephew out and get him an artifact. He ran COO tier 2, 5-6 times last night and didn't get a single purple rune.

Ill be on in a few hours.

I've got seven strikes to go for all exotics and I finally have vanguard rep boosters.

ocean

Banned
I've yet to even unlock a single faction quest on any of my characters.

It's super fast now. I never ever did bounties in Y1 so my ranks are not too high by GAF standards. But feeding Motes and Heavy Synth you can speed up the process enormously. My Hunter was like Rank 6 with FWC a few weeks ago and he's 21 already.

I'd have a few more if I'd stuck with a faction earlier on. My Titan for instance is Rank 10 with DO and 15 with NM - if I'd ignored DO on him he'd already have that class item. Likewise my Hunter is like 35 with DO, if I had fed those ranks to another faction he'd be further along this realest of grinds.

Useless fact of the day: the total cost if you started from 0 for all 9 Exotic Faction Class Items would be 28k Motes of Light or 7,500 Strange Coins (via Heavy Synth exchange).

i must have missed this. did they weight it back more toward SBMM?

That seems to be he case, there's been 3 big reddit threads in the last couple of days and our friend mantis never denied it on Twitter. Personally it's gone to shit for me, unless I'm pulling rabbits out of my arse I'm not winning anything when queuing solo

LTWood12

So it was probably just late and I'm missing something, but was doing a nightfall w/ T & Kreep last night and there was a big difference in some critical damage that I don't understand.

So I was using a 335 solar 1000 Yard Stare w/ Triple Tap, Quickdraw, & Mulligan. T-44 was using a 335 Black Spindle.

A lot of the enemies I was killing I was crit'ing for something like 53,000. Others for around 26,000. T was never getting that 50k number, was only getting in the high 20k damage range. I shot countless enemies with the higher damage number, and I'm positive I wasn't jumping (thus getting the benefit of airborne). Wondering if there's a bug with airborne and possibly a piece of gear I was wearing, that was giving me the benefit of it even when not in the air. Or the triple tap bug also crossed my mind. Granted, that bug is only in PVP, and is functionally different, but just hypothesizing.

Any ideas?

So am I correct when I say the only way to get year 2 Lord of Wolves, queen breakers, and Dreg's Promise is to play CoE. And it's just a random drop every time you complete a single CoE. And you can keep trying over and over all week?

LTWood12

So am I correct when I say the only way to get year 2 Lord of Wolves, queen breakers, and Dreg's Promise is to play CoE. And it's just a random drop every time you complete a single CoE. And you can keep trying over and over all week?

Yep. Drop rate is ridiculously high. The other night I literally got one of the three on every run I did. Think 4 times in a row.

ocean

Banned
i must have missed this. did they weight it back more toward SBMM?

Certainly feels that way. It's being pretty aggressive tbh. The better I play the harder matches get, to the point where I'll start a day going 2.0 and an hour later I'm going 0.8.

I thought it was just me going nuts or blaming matchmaking for playing poorly but then I go to Guardian.gg and see that the average lobby ELO for each match gets successively higher until I start getting destroyed by opponents.

Today: I started playing in a 1212 lobby. Next game: 1234. Next: 1240. Next: 1288. Finally: 1343 (vs. my team's 1276). The game is rigging you to lose. Your win streak too long? Take some bad teammates and strong opponents because fuck you.

Arrrammis

That is correct! I got a 332 queenbreakers bow and later a 334 dregs promise from farming CoE in week 1.

LTWood12

Certainly feels that way. It's being pretty aggressive tbh. The better I play the harder matches get, to the point where I'll start a day going 2.0 and an hour later I'm going 0.8.

I thought it was just me going nuts or blaming matchmaking for playing poorly but then I go to Guardian.gg and see that the average lobby ELO for each match gets successively higher until I start getting destroyed by opponents.

Today: I started playing in a 1212 lobby. Next game: 1234. Next: 1240. Next: 1288. Finally: 1343 (vs. my team's 1276). The game is rigging you to lose. Your win streak too long? Take some bad teammates and strong opponents because fuck you.

sad to hear this.

Deku Tree

Bungie thinks everybody should win about 50% of the time.

So it was probably just late and I'm missing something, but was doing a nightfall w/ T & Kreep last night and there was a big difference in some critical damage that I don't understand.

So I was using a 335 solar 1000 Yard Stare w/ Triple Tap, Quickdraw, & Mulligan. T-44 was using a 335 Black Spindle.

A lot of the enemies I was killing I was crit'ing for something like 53,000. Others for around 26,000. T was never getting that 50k number, was only getting in the high 20k damage range. I shot countless enemies with the higher damage number, and I'm positive I wasn't jumping (thus getting the benefit of airborne). Wondering if there's a bug with airborne and possibly a piece of gear I was wearing, that was giving me the benefit of it even when not in the air. Or the triple tap bug also crossed my mind. Granted, that bug is only in PVP, and is functionally different, but just hypothesizing.

Any ideas?
What were your overall light levels?

noomi

Can anyone say approx how long it takes to get through a Challenge of Elders?

I'm still haunted to Skolas and how brutal that whole fight was.

Deku Tree

Can anyone say approx how long it takes to get through a Challenge of Elders?

I'm still haunted to Skolas and how brutal that whole fight was.

10-15 mins if going for a high score, 4-5 mins if blasting through with the right modifiers

This week I did six CoE Runs. We averaged 50K points per run. Poping supers whenever available when enough adds are around to get the score multiplier. Then it takes two runs to finish a card.

I would say each run took about 30 minutes. I was always playing with pro-mode GAFFERS so I think in general it's gonna take a bit longer than 10-15 minutes per run, and it probably takes about 1 hour to finish a full card.

In a good week if the modifiers are beneficial then you can speed run a CoE realistically in 4-7 minutes. Around 4 minutes is optimal, but sometimes it can take a few extra minutes if people aren't doing everything 100% optimal.

Smart Loot doesn't apply to normal drops unfortunately. It's weighted on packages.

Also, if you're looking for specific exotics and have the Y1 counter part unlocked already, it's only 125 marks to grab the Y2 version. With the amount of infusion fodder dropping now, getting them up to the light level you want is easy.
Oh I know. I was just venting because the weapons I seem to get the most is Last word on primary, and 4th Horseman on secondary

Example. Since the patch came out, I had 10 special exotic engrams decripted. I had 5 on the day the patch went live
Results.
5 4th horseman
2 telestos
1 invective
1 hereafter
1 patience and time

On my 6 primary weapons exotics
5 last words
1 mida

I know, rgn and all that jazz

It reminds me year one and the search for hawkmoon. I did got it, on the 1st day TTK went live, from the green engram we all got from the tower.

End of rant :)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i did my first strike with 2 other random dudes, it was called The Devils' Lair and while it was fun the bosses were so damn tanky, it was probably because i didn't have the right equipment. Also i'm wondering if i should dismantle every common item that has outlived its usefulness, it makes sense i just don't want to regret something later on.

This week I did six CoE Runs. We averaged 50K points per run. Poping supers whenever available when enough adds are around to get the score multiplier. Then it takes two runs to finish a card.

I would say each run took about 30 minutes. I was always playing with pro-mode GAFFERS so I think in general it's gonna take a bit longer than 10-15 minutes per run, and it probably takes about 1 hour to finish a full card.

In a good week if the modifiers are beneficial then you can speed run a CoE realistically in 4-7 minutes. Around 4 minutes is optimal, but sometimes it can take a few extra minutes if people aren't doing everything 100% optimal.

Jeez it was a rough estimate, just checked and me slammin and pink did two runs for the 90k in 44 mins so you obviously weren't that pro mode :p

Anyone grab the PDX-45 today? Roll #2 seems legit.

Roll 2: SLO-19/SPO-28/SPO-57 - Perfect Balance/Feather Mag - Full Auto - Speed Reload/Rifled Barrel

Top Bottom