• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Arrrammis

How do I start HoW? And I just got the defender subclass, when do I get upgrades? Is it only each time I level or just by getting more exp or what?

Subclasses have their own EXP counter, sometimes they'll line up with your overall level, but other times you'll level up without getting new abilities or vice versa.

Cabal are resistant to force barrier? Well that's disappointing, tI'm to go back to striker I guess

Cabal generally (from what I noticed) have more health on the average unit than other races, so that might be what you noticed, and Force Barrier (The Defender titan melee) doesn't do extra damage, but it does give you an overshield if you get a kill with it.

HigXx

Best thing to do is save your strange coins and convert them to heavy ammo to donate to the factions come September instead of spending it on three of coins.

I like to pop mine in strike playlists just before every boss. IIRC the cooldown starts once an ultra is killed and the 3oC procs

Also this might be a better use of your time

Cheers. I got them from the Nightfall, would never buy them normally

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Starving is an understatement.

Been playing the mirrors edge 2 and man am I not liking the open world aspect.

I can't play Destiny anymore. Man I keep getting disconnects.
The disconnects are really bad. I haven't seen disconnect like this in a while and that was cause of my shitty Internet. Wonder what someone did to mess it up lol

ocean

Banned
Stream peaked around ~225,000 viewers iirc. People still like Destiny, they've just been starving for new content.
Id play this game forever with no new content if matchmaking weren't so frustrating.

Every match = in progress or randoms versus full pre made team and then half my mates quit. Not fun like this, and new maps and modes and guns wouldn't change the fact - as long as MM is ass (and made worse by the decreasing population).

What's the map this week?

Pantheon

edit: fwiw I really like Pantheon as far as Trials maps go. It has enough options for how to play it. It's big but not excessively segmented so people can't camp it to high hell like Frontier, Bannerfall or Black Shield. It has 1-axis symmetry so one spawn isn't hugely favored over another. It's pretty open so grenade spam isn't overdone, but also with enough well placed cover to prevent total sniper domination.

I'm sorry what do you mean by this?
Whenever I try to use the defender titan melee on them it says immune and I don't get a barrier/my cool down stays up. I guess there's the psion guys where it probably works on but still, I'll just have to stick with striker for them.

Liamc723

Whenever I try to use the defender titan melee on them it says immune and I don't get a barrier/my cool down stays up. I guess there's the psion guys where it probably works on but still, I'll just have to stick with striker for them.

You have to kill the enemy with your melee to get the force barrier.

When you finally manage to get a glimps past the big gate in the tower and it's fucking nothing. What did I expect

dRVY8J5.png

ocean

Banned
Yeah but I'm pretty sure it says immune when I hit them and it doesn't do any damage. I'll have to double check.
Sounds like you're punching Phallanx shields. Those things are immune to absolutely everything in the game. One can only wish we had armor made of the same material.

No melee (or gun) will hurt those shields, it'll all be "immune". Shoot their legs or sides and they'll stagger and move their shields, opening them up for easier attacking.

There being nothing behind the door is obvious in retrospect, but a bummer when confirmed. Boo.

CfKZy-5VAAABNX8.jpg

I agree, I always figured it would be nothing but I needed to confirm it. I'd tried getting a view over the wall loads in the past. Such a shame. Wish they had opened it up and put a grimoire library behind it and a transmog vendor and hairdresser, beard grower.

Could of been a great "arts and fashion" district or something.

Doubt the tower will be back in D2 in the same way either.

ERMint13

I stopped playing and took a break back when The Division came out.

I have 1200+ Strange Coins...should I use them on Heavy or Motes to power level my Hunter through the faction?

Dthomp

Looking for two gaffers willing to do Raze Lighter strike with me, after that I'm up for anything else (COE, Strikes, Farming shit, whatevs)

This checkpoint system I'd ass for my solo fireteam, anyone currently doing the house of wolves questline or did I miss that boat?

If you're on PS4 I can help you out with the missions/strikes etc.

I have 1200+ Strange Coins...should I use them on Heavy or Motes to power level my Hunter through the faction?

Heavy is faster, weapon parts is even faster. Converting SC to motes is wasteful.

If you're looking to level up your light then faction packages are a decent source of up to 330 light gear.

Looking for two gaffers willing to do Raze Lighter strike with me, after that I'm up for anything else (COE, Strikes, Farming shit, whatevs)

I can help you out.

Magik

Convert them to heavy weapon and save it for September and donate it then to get the new gear instead of doing it now.

Top Bottom