• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kydd BlaZe

Omfg finally got a god roll longbow. On the very first longbow to drop for me as well. Never had a longbow before.

Shortgaze, life support, QuickDraw (I'd prefer snapshot but it's all good), and hidden hand.

So fucking stoked!!!

Omfg finally got a god roll longbow. On the very first longbow to drop for me as well. Never had a longbow before.

Shortgaze, life support, QuickDraw (I'd prefer snapshot but it's all good), and hidden hand.

So fucking stoked!!!

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FParks-and-Rec.gif

aarcane

So fucking stoked!!!

Very nice. And while we're on the subject of good snipers I'll never get, Forever No Black Spindle Day has come around again.

Sane_Man

So I'm playing the game for the first time since November. My characters are light level 318, 315, 315. What's the best way to increase their light level now? Is there ways of getting guaranteed high light level items? I tried doing the level 41 PoE and got bullshit for it.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So I'm playing the game for the first time since November. My characters are light level 318, 315, 315. What's the best way to increase their light level now? Is there ways of getting guaranteed high light level items? I tried doing the level 41 PoE and got bullshit for it.
Kings Fall raid, Legendary/Exotic engrams, Nightfalls, Challenge of Elders.

The big thing to know, is that the gear you need will only drop up to 6 Light Levels above what you currently are, so you'll need to farm to get and infuse gear up to the 335 max.

FyreWulff

highest level PoE, raid, IB, and Trials if you can at least complete the bounties. Court of Oryx has guaranteed high light drops for your Artifact (up to 6 levels above your max)

Sane_Man

Kings Fall raid, Legendary/Exotic engrams, Nightfalls, Challenge of Elders.

The big thing to know, is that the gear you need will only drop up to 6 Light Levels above what you currently are, so you'll need to farm to get and infuse gear up to the 335 max.

Thanks man. Back to the grind!

Trakan

Am I right in thinking agility is heavily geared towards pvp and not as much for pve?

None of the stats do much of anything, really. Max armor is like 10-20 more HP, max recovery will allow your shields to start regenerating 2-3 seconds faster, and max agility allows you to get to a point a second or two faster.

You're best off maxing armor and then recovery IMO.

E92 M3

None of the stats do much of anything, really. Max armor is like 10-20 more HP, max recovery will allow your shields to start regenerating 2-3 seconds faster, and max agility allows you to get to a point a second or two faster.

Those small numbers become very consequential in trials (specifically armor). Though, I am a huge fan of recovery/agility in normal crucible.

2 or 3 seconds for recovery seems huge

How easy is it to hit the glimmer cap at 40? I'm level 30 and want to buy some armor upgrades but I'm worried it'll just be a waste of glimmer

SaganIsGOAT

I've finally worked my way up to this last part of the Sleeper Simulant quest but no one gets match made with me and this strike is way too hard for me to solo 😭

sono

Gold Member
So I am light 40/313 warlock/awoken. I never done (or even attempted) any raid whatsoever. Mainly because I dont have time in my life to plan or organise a team to do raids.

Can I get higher light without raid, or did I max it without doing that ?

sono

Gold Member
How easy is it to hit the glimmer cap at 40? I'm level 30 and want to buy some armor upgrades but I'm worried it'll just be a waste of glimmer

As you level up getting glimmer is easier. Buying better armour and weapons is always a good idea.

WeTeHa

I've finally worked my way up to this last part of the Sleeper Simulant quest but no one gets match made with me and this strike is way too hard for me to solo 😭
I can't play today, but if you're still looking tomorrow, I'll help.

So I am light 40/313 warlock/awoken. I never done (or even attempted) any raid whatsoever. Mainly because I dont have time in my life to plan or organise a team to do raids.

Can I get higher light without raid, or did I max it without doing that ?
You can hit 335 without ever touching the raid. However, doing the raid a couple of times makes achieving max light significantly faster.
Also, doing the raid for the first couple of times is awesome.

Getting glimmer is pretty easy. I constantly "waste" my glimmer on weapon parts and ammo synths.

edit: ^ also Mr Gutz sir, let me know if you would like a Discord invite so we don't have to keep talking about you behind your back (Kappa)

People have been hanging out in the Discord. Just let me know if you want an invite for that. As for gaming, most people have been playing Overwatch. Personally I've still been playing some Destiny but also playing a little backlog/not gaming. The population drop is pretty rough and still has a ways to go before it'll bottom out. I imagine people will start trickling back a little in advance of RoI but otherwise it's gonna be a real ghost town for the next 3 months.

Ok gonna check it out...invite please! Using same username as here

Anyone doing crucible on ps4? I have bounties that require a party

Psn ID is Psychoward23, I have a mic but I don't feel like playing with headphones rn so it's off

darthbob

mK9NUo5.png

Got this LDR to drop from a Vanguard package yesterday, has Ambush on the bottom scope, Grenadier, Perfect Balance, Snapshot, Casket Mag, and Hot Swap.

Not too bad.

You can switch between factions once a week. There is no penalty for switching. Just go with whichever faction has the gear and cosmetics you like the best.

Jafku

Huh, just Google and saw the differences, Dead Orbit seems like the only one I'd go with anyway. Where are the others though for future reference and does switching an allegiance remove all of its points?

You can switch between factions once a week. There is no penalty for switching. Just go with whichever faction has the gear and cosmetics you like the best.

What he said. Also it does not remove any of your points

Arrrammis

Huh, just Google and saw the differences, Dead Orbit seems like the only one I'd go with anyway. Where are the others though for future reference and does switching an allegiance remove all of its points?

The Future War Cult faction is located in the hanger near Dead Orbit, at the top of the stairway beside the ship/sparrow vendor. The New Monarchy faction is located immediately to your left when you enter the part of the tower where the speaker and Eva Lavante (Emblem and shader vendor) are located.

Switching allegiance doesn't reset your reputation with the other factions, but you can only switch allegiance once per week (i.e. if you switched from DO to FWC, you'll have to wait until the weekly reset on Tuesday before you can switch back or to another faction).

Whichever faction you go with should mainly depend (once you get to the endgame, lvl. 40) on what kind on INT/DIS/STR stats you want on your gear. Each faction sells gear that has different distribution, but you won't really have to look at that until you hit lvl. 40. Another thing to note is that each faction gives you a package for every rank up after rank 3, and those packages can contain gear and faction-specific ships and shaders, which is what some people consider more important than the gear itself. Fashion is the true endgame!

Got my Dark Drinker and Bolt-Caster. Had a great deal of fun beating up Minotaurs in one shot. Going to experiment and see what else this sword can do.

Aside from that, well, don't have much to do. I'm up for HM/CM or some CoE.
Warlock is 334, Hunter is 331, Titan is 328...have exotic sword, Sleeper, etc.

Maybe I'll just fuck around for a while.

E92 M3

I mean, I guess. I just don't think it's a game changer. I'm not going to lose a Trials game because of it.

I wish the three stats did more is all.

You never had a trials game come down to 4-4 where one kill meant everything? In normal crucible it's w/e, but in trials everything counts.

Where can I buy shaders, is Eva the only one?
Only her and Petra at the reef sell shaders. You can look in the shader kiosk to see what are the requirements to get them. Some are vanguard strikes LV 36 only drops, crucible, raids, faction packages, cryptarch, and some taken king quests.

Top Bottom