• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
We're the Warriors of control right now. A long range snipe is a three pointer.

And we lost game three. It's okay we'll still win the championship.

Am I missing anything by not doing the strikes as soon as they show up? I'm already super over leveled so I figured I'd just wait until 40 to do them.

Arrrammis

Am I missing anything by not doing the strikes as soon as they show up? I'm already super over leveled so I figured I'd just wait until 40 to do them.

Not really, they each drop different sets of blue gear, but if you're overleveled already then you'll probably have better gear than what they drop. If you need some good gear for your level, run whatever strike is closest to your level. Otherwise, don't sweat them too much if you don't want to.

Striker may kinda blow in PVE but man is Lightning Grenades fun in mp

*Ftfy

Edit: When the RNG is on point!

13086629_1107617132609890_6046975777289092855_o.jpg

FyreWulff

You can just wait to 40. Strikes are some of your best source of infusion fodder, though, since once you hit 40 they all drop blues and legendaries that will be at or higher than your light up to a point when decrypted.

If you care about min-max, when you return to the tower: decrypt each engram one at a time. Check if it's higher light than what you're holding. If it is, equip it and decrypt the next engram. This is because the light engrams decrypt at depends on what you have equipped.

You don't HAVE to do that though - you can just decrypt all your stuff in one dump and then equip whatever is higher, but you can speed up your progression with that One Simple Trick.

FyreWulff

Do the taken king playlists include all maps or just maps that were part of the taken king?

If you're talking about Strikes, the Heroic playlist doesn't contain all of them. It's missing a couple of the Year 1 strikes. Same with the 36 (I think?) The Legacy playlist has all the year 1 strikes but no TTK.

Crucible has all map in every playlist minus the two special ones (I think?) that are on the top left and right.

If you're talking about Strikes, the Heroic playlist doesn't contain all of them. It's missing a couple of the Year 1 strikes. Same with the 36 (I think?) The Legacy playlist has all the year 1 strikes but no TTK.

Crucible has all map in every playlist minus the two special ones (I think?) that are on the top left and right.
I meant crucible actually, but the strike one sounds confusing as hell.

Why doesn't the heroic Playlist have all of them?

KC Denton

Hello everyone! I've never really touched endgame stuff in Destiny, kind of had a really bad RNG experience back during the first DLC and stopped playing. With the new expansion coming in soon, and the positive impressions I'd been hearing from the content past the first DLC (plus a sale on the Taken King expansion on PSN), I've started getting back in to play the SP content and get a character or 2 ready for Rise of Iron.

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been official confirmation yet, but is RoI a digital-only expansion, or does anybody know if there may be another physical "Legendary" release like was done with Taken King?

Hello everyone! I've never really touched endgame stuff in Destiny, kind of had a really bad RNG experience back during the first DLC and stopped playing. With the new expansion coming in soon, and the positive impressions I'd been hearing from the content past the first DLC (plus a sale on the Taken King expansion on PSN), I've started getting back in to play the SP content and get a character or 2 ready for Rise of Iron.

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been official confirmation yet, but is RoI a digital-only expansion, or does anybody know if there may be another physical "Legendary" release like was done with Taken King?

Welcome back! So far it is only confirmed as a standalone digital expansion, but if a physical release is occurring it will probably be discussed during E3 at some stage.

ocean

Banned
I meant crucible actually, but the strike one sounds confusing as hell.

Why doesn't the heroic Playlist have all of them?
The TTK Crucible playlists (as in not Classic) technically feature all the maps but they're heavily weighted towards TTK maps. Which is a shame because they're some of the worst in the game.

As for Strikes: the first 3 Strikes were never updated for some reason. Who knows. You'll be missing out on Devil's Lair, Summoning Pits and The Nexus. If you want these strikes you either select them directly off the Director or playing the legacy Strike playlist.

The TTK Strike playlists (level 36 and the Heroic one which is 260 Light IIRC) have Winter's Run, Cerberus Vae, Dust Palace, Undying Mind, Omnigul, Taniks, Shield Bros, Darkblade, Echo Chamber, SABER and Malok. Some of these have 2 versions: a regular and a Taken one.

With 11 Strikes + some remixed Taken versions you'd expect the TTK Strike playlist to be varied. But no. Some strikes are significantly more likely to show up. The Taken version of Winter's Run allegedly shows up less than 1% of the time for instance, while sometimes it feels like you get Cerberus Cae or Dust Palace every single time.

Strikes are the best way build your stash. As long time players we have near infinite supplies - planetary materials, armor materials, weapon parts, motes of light etc. for somebody who's starting, Strikes are a great way to get a constant influx of engrams which either decrypt into useful (as in marginally higher Light) gear or can be broken into useful materials.

You'll get tired of Strikes rather soon because they're repetitive as hell, but until you do they're a great way to progress.

Thanks for the games, Kadey and gaf.

Sorry about the awful beginning, but I'm trying to learn the jumper config, and how to snipe.

Getting use to it.

And feel better Kadey.

SpecX

So where has dgaf migrated to? This place is extremely dead especially for trials weekend. Activision and Bingo can't be too happy with the player base drop.

GutZ31

Lag is the ultimate No Fun Allowed.

I really can't wait for the meaty information for Rise of Iron and update 2.3

//Update 2.3 Change Log//

We hear you guys notice lag, so we added a feature to help.

• Now the screen will go black, and print "You Are Lag" when someone is lagging on everyones screen until the game can catch everyone up.

We were also informed about everyone being totally mad about Jellyhorn, so we took steps to make it better.
  • Gjallarhorn now drops only as Y1, and you must hunt 1000 planetary materials from each planet to move on to the next step in the 50 part quest.

Keep locked in for more news after E3, because we want that sweet microtransation money.

Steej out.

Did I make it fake enough?

edit: ^ also Mr Gutz sir, let me know if you would like a Discord invite so we don't have to keep talking about you behind your back (Kappa)

So where has dgaf migrated to? This place is extremely dead especially for trials weekend. Activision and Bingo can't be too happy with the player base drop.

People have been hanging out in the Discord. Just let me know if you want an invite for that. As for gaming, most people have been playing Overwatch. Personally I've still been playing some Destiny but also playing a little backlog/not gaming. The population drop is pretty rough and still has a ways to go before it'll bottom out. I imagine people will start trickling back a little in advance of RoI but otherwise it's gonna be a real ghost town for the next 3 months.

KC Denton

Welcome back! So far it is only confirmed as a standalone digital expansion, but if a physical release is occurring it will probably be discussed during E3 at some stage.

Thank you, hopefully the Sony press conference will have some info on that, otherwise I'm going to try my luck asking a rep when I'm at the expo.

Oh, DrDrizzay101, could I get an invite to the Discord?

SpecX

edit: ^ also Mr Gutz sir, let me know if you would like a Discord invite so we don't have to keep talking about you behind your back (Kappa)

People have been hanging out in the Discord. Just let me know if you want an invite for that. As for gaming, most people have been playing Overwatch. Personally I've still been playing some Destiny but also playing a little backlog/not gaming. The population drop is pretty rough and still has a ways to go before it'll bottom out. I imagine people will start trickling back a little in advance of RoI but otherwise it's gonna be a real ghost town for the next 3 months.

Sure I'll take an invite. Hoping to see some activity pick up before the new release and still going to slowly work towards 335 LL.

There's essentially been no brand new PvE content for 9 months now It's amazing people still do reset raids and stuff. Stream numbers showed there's still high interest in the franchise just Bungie can't get the content out the door fast enough. Wonder if they've sorted their inefficient tools out yet.

GutZ31

There's essentially been no brand new PvE content for 9 months now It's amazing people still do reset raids and stuff. Stream numbers showed there's still high interest in the franchise just Bungie can't get the content out the door fast enough. Wonder if they've sorted their inefficient tools out yet.

For Destiny 1? Unlikely that they are able to streamline the tools for quick modding/editing of the game.

Destiny 2 on the other hand, We all hope(I assume) that they will go the extra mile to make it much easier to make/edit/upload/rerelease content, including maps, on the fly similar to a forge type editor.

Top Bottom