• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

GIVE ME SPACE BATTLES

GIVE ME WEED PLANT DECALS FOR MY SHIPS

GIVE ME CUSTOMIZABLE SHIPS

I WILL BUY YOUR STUPID LOOT BOXES FOR AWESOME SHIPS

I'M SCREAMING AHHH I'M HYPE

Not sure why we wouldn't get one. The game is coming out next year baring another delay.

��

Because it would distract from RoI and wouldn't make any sense to split attention that way. It doesn't really make sense from a marketing perspective to show a successor product before it's predecessor has had some play time.

you guys just don't get my dreams

imagine a Destiny where you can just hit up anywhere you want. Earth, Mars, Moon, Jupiter, just imagine it. Jupiter, the Gas planet, fuuuuuck yeah. Just imagine riding in an open space in Destiny 2, and you pass by Jupiter, and you're like 'YO STOP BY JUPITER I WANNA HIT IT UP'. Then it goes into a mini-game of you trying to get your Ghost bong close enough to the planet.

Because it would distract from RoI and wouldn't make any sense to split attention that way. It doesn't really make sense from a marketing perspective to show a successor product before it's predecessor has had some play time.
We all know it's coming. You're telling me people wouldn't buy both lol?

And the game is hitting it 3rd year. It's had more then enough play time.

I don't care about marketing perspectives dammit. Give me the game.

SlickVic

I know I'm 2 years late to the party, but I did my first strike today (Devil's Lair) and definitely made me appreciate the appeal of this game. Just picked up the Legendary edition on sale a few days so I'm finally getting into the game for the first time. All of us were right at the recommended level for the strike and it was just the right amount of tension with each encounter (not wanting to go back to the last checkpoint) and it felt like a real sense of accomplishment when we finally beat the last boss. Just did matchmaking to find people, and while it seemed all of us were new to the game, we all did a decent job of reviving each other and having each others backs in general. The tension of being the last guardian standing at some points of the strike also felt good when I managed to hold out without dying.

Definitely looking forward to playing more of this as I get some free time here and there.

I know I'm 2 years late to the party, but I did my first strike today (Devil's Lair) and definitely made me appreciate the appeal of this game. Just picked up the Legendary edition on sale a few days so I'm finally getting into the game for the first time. All of us were right at the recommended level for the strike and it was just the right amount of tension with each encounter (not wanting to go back to the last checkpoint) and it felt like a real sense of accomplishment when we finally beat the last boss. Just did matchmaking to find people, and while it seemed all of us were new to the game, we all did a decent job of reviving each other and having each others backs in general. The tension of being the last guardian standing at some points of the strike also felt good when I managed to hold out without dying.

Definitely looking forward to playing more of this as I get some free time here and there.
Glad you liked it. Devils lair is an awesome strike. Hopefully we get an updated version for RoI.

We all know it's coming. You're telling me people wouldn't buy both lol?

And the game is hitting it 3rd year. It's had more then enough play time.

I don't care about marketing perspectives dammit. Give me the game.

ROI has had no play time as of yet. Not talking about Destiny overall.

None of the expansions were shown in any way prior to the release of the expansion prior because it never made sense to do that.

You might want it, that doesn't mean it should be done. :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You know the game is dead when it tells you to go to overwatch.

UO5daiz.png

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hopefully this E3 brings some heat. Last year was entertaining only for the FF7 remake reveal and seeing the reaction videos. Lots of them were hilarious. So far nothing is too interesting.

Since there seem to be some new players / old players coming back recently, just a PSA - the daily story today is Lost to Light, which has a secret, alternate ending where you can get the Exotic sniper rifle Black Spindle. Dailies will reset in 3 hours so if you haven't already, try and get it before it's gone.

DeaDPo0L84

Hey there guys. I basically jump in and out of Destiny depending on both my mood and whats out currently. Obviously my peak times are when new content gets added but I have had a weird itch to just load it up and see whats new. Im sitting here staring at an update so im not even sure what my light level is an all that jazz but I know I stopped playing a couple weeks after the Taken King released.

Am I going to be so far behind at this point that ill be out of place or is it somewhat simple by way of an addition to try and get caught back up? What killed it for me before was the complete randomness of drops. I main as a Warlock but would either get dupes or nothing at all to ever advance my light level.

Some possible Destiny 2 concept art leaked in the Sony presser thread. Surprised no mention here? Around page 204. At work and on mobile so I won't put in a link, sorry.

Some possible Destiny 2 concept art leaked in the Sony presser thread. Surprised no mention here? Around page 204. At work and on mobile so I won't put in a link, sorry.

Cool, thanks for the heads-up!

Some guy on twitter who has leaked things about Destiny before has posted some pictures... They look like Cabal themed to me.. Interesting.

Cku_3tuXIAAghb5.jpg

Cku9M25WYAEgLII.jpg

Cku9kDNWkAAw_WI.jpg

Destiny 2 reveal? Or I'm looking too far into it..

lol that's the barkhan dune warlock PlayStation exclusive armor, that's not destiny 2
Barkhan does not cover the faceplate with the hood in the same way. Might be just an alternate design, but it's not 1:1. Bungie is good at reskinning and/or slightly remodeling old gear into new gear:)

Edit:nevermind, it is exactly the same outside of the face covering:(

Barkhan does not cover the faceplate with the hood in the same way. Might be just an alternate design, but it's not 1:1. Bungie is good at reskinning and/or slightly remodeling old gear into new gear:)

The class item seems to be different too.

Since there seem to be some new players / old players coming back recently, just a PSA - the daily story today is Lost to Light, which has a secret, alternate ending where you can get the Exotic sniper rifle Black Spindle. Dailies will reset in 3 hours so if you haven't already, try and get it before it's gone.
Isn't it done by speedrunning the mission or something? Also I thought dailies didn't reset for another 10 hours? Or is it 5 AM EST and not 5 PM. Oops

Tell that to Battlefront lol
I can help you run missions if you want if I'm on, just send me a FR, PSN is shiv2099.
Thanks, I'll add you when I get back on eventually
At 235, I would think Court of Oryx would be pretty worthwhile. You get lots of blue engrams - decrypt them one at a time and always equip the higher light pieces before decrypting the next engram. You can get to ~290 without too much effort.
Thanks for the info, I still need to finish the house of wolves questline and the taken king though lol.

Isn't it done by speedrunning the mission or something?

You get to a certain point in the mission without your fire team wiping and a door that's closed in the non-daily story version will be open-- go through and you end up on Taniks's ship and from the first room with Taken you have 10 minutes to clear it (but you are allowed to die).

It is very difficult, and made more frustrating by having to restart the whole mission when you run out of time.

noomi

Possible to solo challenge of elders? I doubt I'll find a team to run it with :(

Time is so precious these days.

noomi

I'd rather not burden anyone with running CoE with me, I might randomly go afk or have to leave in the middle of it lol.

Maybe I can put away 30-45min to try and run it at some point this week :p

HigXx

Can anyone spare a minute to help me with the Taken Champion in the Rocketyard. Im about to poke my eyes out :(

Edit: nevermind got him after like my 4th try haha

Dave_6

After ranking up Vanguard three times yesterday, I finally got another Y1 weapon to drop. It's a LDR with Army of One, Rifled barrel and Spray and Play. The two better scopes are Ambush and Longview SLR10. Worth keeping?

Trakan

There's been a couple of versions of the PS armor datamined before. Neuroghast has a 1.1 and 2.1 version I think.

ch4fx_

I'm running CoE last night & one of the bosses drop an exotic secondary engram for me, to which I (jokingly) say; "it's Patience & Time, it HAS to be", and went on about my evening.

I now have Patience & Time.. :)

What time of the day do you normally play?

SpecX

Feeling like Y1 again, stuck at LL 327. Vanguard and factions refuse to give me hear higher than 329. What are the next steps for level progression? So far my ghost and artifact are severally holding me back.

Also, Destiny 2 needs to remember your highest LL and go from there when issuing gear. I switched from NM to DO and forgot I had my NM class item equipped. Went through to rank up and get rewarded with a 302 primary which was due to my class item being removed and dropping me to low 300 LL.

Kukawaki

Feeling like Y1 again, stuck at LL 327. Vanguard and factions refuse to give me hear higher than 329. What are the next steps for level progression? So far my ghost and artifact are severally holding me back.

Also, Destiny 2 needs to remember your highest LL and go from there when issuing gear. I switched from NM to DO and forgot I had my NM class item equipped. Went through to rank up and get rewarded with a 302 primary which was due to my class item being removed and dropping me to low 300 LL.

For a higher LL Ghost you should can farm Challenge of Elders and for an artifact, Court of Oryx.

I recently came back and after being in your situation for a week or so, suddenly my artifact and ghost were the highest LL items I had.

SpecX

For a higher LL Ghost you should can farm Challenge of Elders and for an artifact, Court of Oryx.

I recently came back and after being in your situation for a week or so, suddenly my artifact and ghost were the highest LL items I had.

Thanks! I still have yet to do CoE and I had heard about CoO, but only had blues dropping. Ended up using all my relics, so slowing trying to accumulate more.

Top Bottom