• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Dave_6

Seriously, Gunslinger with double trip mines is my go-to PvP build and they have just completely fucked it. I've had MANY trip mines already (that didn't stick to the enemy) not kill someone when they walk right in front of it. Damnit.

Wow I totally missed that Hawkmoon Nerf...why Bungie? It was in a pretty good place.

Nerf my favorite sub class and renerf my favorite HC. This balance update is more of a kick in the nuts for me.

And to to it all, they increase snare effect
Because that was not imbalanced bungie. Nope/. Not being able to do jack shit when affected by smoke needed buffing

Really baffled. Ludicrous stuff.

Barely touched this game in months, but no more tripmine sticky is like a kick to the tit.

Hawkmoon getting nerfed is just funny though. Might as well be a meme.

Ophiuchus

Banned
Just hit 318 light and I feel stuck I dont have any friends that play. I've never done the raids......if some gaffers want to bit me up ps4 sinistar28 is my psn

Barely touched this game in months, but no more tripmine sticky is like a kick to the tit.

They really don't want anyone playing the game.

Just hit 318 light and I feel stuck I dont have any friends that play. I've never done the raids......if some gaffers want to bit me up ps4 sinistar28 is my psn

Raids will reset today, in about 10.5 hours. Look for a group then..

SnakeEyes

Banned
Maybe they posted all this shit because they expected us to get hyped with new Rise of Iron stuff drops in the Sony Press Conference, and forget about all this junk...

shermas

I want to complain about the nerfs, but I know I'll still play. I just don't understand the philosophy behind their decisions. "Lots of people like this, let's change it."

MIDA seems to shred me more than any other weapon in PvP (and they didn't touch Scouts or PR's, from what I saw) and the high RoF ARs have a bit of a learning curve on them, I think. Unlike year one (Thorn), I feel like there's no clear dominating weapon in PvP.

Bungie's mindset of 'nerf, nerf' is weird, though.

Dave_6

I've been playing more PvP over the past couple of weeks and I usually see quite a variance of weapons, more so at least than in the past. Oh well, nerf it all. Fuck it.

Buy them for marks from the Vanguard Quartermaster. I think its 10 marks for 25 mats.

Or get a ghost that gives you mats for engrams you pick up.

1) farm on patrol

2) buy with marks from vanguard quartermaster in tower
Would you recommend farming for patrol or is buying them with marks the way to go?

Also for this, am I right in thinking the weapon with the lower attack value has better stats? Should I infuse it?

http://imgur.com/a/pK4t7

Dthomp

Interesting reading those updates. Just infused my Hawkmoon up to 335 and was really enjoying it so I hope that the stability nerf doesn't completely kill it. Otherwise it's back to Finnalas Peril and TLW full time.

Tripmines? they suck to get stuck by, in fact Id prefer no grenades to stick. They are effective enough without the stick so I'm glad that's gone.

Doc and AR nerf...Never had a CB Doc (3 Hidden Hand) we'll see if this makes them disappear or not.

Hadn't noticed anywhere near the amount of Sunsingers so....nerf them more? ugh

X-Frame

Excited for the HC Accuracy "buff" until I realized this is probably a net NERF to the current max-Range Legendary HC's right now.

It still seems like in the end maxing Range is still the most important for HC's, so not sure what really has changed except allowed those with low/med-Range HC's to feel okay too.

nowai

Holy shit, RIP Gunslingers!

Bungie just nerfed hands down my two most often used abilities. Trip mine and throwing knives are the bread and butter of my gameplay.

While I do use trip mines to kill a hiding opponent or throw behind an approaching adversary, I use them as sticky nades constantly. What a huge bummer.

On the throwing knives I have muscle memory to hand cannon shot > throwing knife on virtually every engagement. I wonder if the damage nerf will kill that combo for me.

Lol, who was complaining about tripmines and throwing knives? I don't get it. I mean, yeah, they buffed HC accuracy and hammers, but, I don't understand. And bladedancer nerf. Gimme a break, bungie, it's the hardest to use class in the game(imo), let it be powerful.

Shiv47

Would you recommend farming for patrol or is buying them with marks the way to go?

Also for this, am I right in thinking the weapon with the lower attack value has better stats? Should I infuse it?

http://imgur.com/a/pK4t7

If you're already doing bounties on patrol, then it's easy to pick up mats while doing that, especially with a ghost that has mat sensing for a particular type of mat. Otherwise, if you have nothing to spend your marks on, then it's perfectly fine to buy them that way, especially if you have a gun you want to level up right away without the necessary mats on hand. And from what I can see, yes on the shotguns. If you like it, infuse it, basically. There will always be more weapons to infuse or use if you decide you don't like it.

If you're already doing bounties on patrol, then it's easy to pick up mats while doing that, especially with a ghost that has mat sensing for a particular type of mat. Otherwise, if you have nothing to spend your marks on, then it's perfectly fine to buy them that way, especially if you have a gun you want to level up right away without the necessary mats on hand. And from what I can see, yes on the shotguns. If you like it, infuse it, basically. There will always be more weapons to infuse or use instead.
I'm pretty low on marks actually and need to get at least a few more items to legendary status, my titan mark, helmet, ghost and artifact actually. So I was just gonna buy stuff from Zavala or Dead Orbit or something

Thanks though

Trakan

Anytime destiny gets a balance patch I should know to avoid this place by now. The toxic reaction is so irritating.

It's infuriating to see changes to popular but balanced things or changes to things nobody ever asked for while ignoring cancers like sniper AA that make playing the game miserable.

The reactions are totally justified.

nowai

It's infuriating to see changes to popular but balanced things or changes to things nobody ever asked for while ignoring cancers like sniper AA that make playing the game miserable.

The reactions are totally justified.

Yes. As a Gunslinger main, I have never received hate mail for using a trip mine or throwing knife. On the contrary, I have received positive mail complimenting my use of them.

Whereas I have received TONS of hate mail for firebolts or being a shotgun warrior with my OP Sunsinger melee.

vctor182

So the hunters become the hunted? Damn I loved my Gunslinger build with double tripmines but maybe I'll switch to Swarm grenades with the buff they will get

Just skimmed over the notes and I have to agree with you.
Because no one asked for half of these changes. No one asked for gunslinger to be nerfed. No one asked for CB to be nerfed. No one asked for bladedancer to be nerfed. No one asked for twilight garrison to be nerfed. You see what I'm getting at here?

Let me loose, Captain

I will scorch this thread with my salt

Wowwww. Screw that blade dance nerf. Why would they encourage you to only use it when swiping for a Kill instead of "dancing" in mid air or on the ground to avoid getting effing team shot. That's Macello mentality over at bungie. It's no longer a Blade Dance it's a blade sprint towards getting team shot.

lolol well at least these posts cheered me up....

There has been much Discord venting about the balance notes, but I don't wanna get too salty here. There are definitely some nice, long overdue changes (Firebolt nerf, shadowshot suppression on impact, reducing Frontstabs) but the overall effect feels like another nerf bat to make the game more bland. Going after Bladedancer mobility when that was always the point of the subclass and the thing I loved most about PvP, it's just.... blargh.

There has been much Discord venting about the balance notes, but I don't wanna get too salty here. There are definitely some nice, long overdue changes (Firebolt nerf, shadowshot suppression on impact, reducing Frontstabs) but the overall effect feels like another nerf bat to make the game more bland. Going after Bladedancer mobility when that was always the point of the subclass and the thing I loved most about PvP, it's just.... blargh.
Bladedancer was always the class that I consistently had fun with. I would always laugh at myself when I had a blink fail, and it felt good getting a triple kill with arc blade. Bungie has failed me today. If the nerf to blade is a big one, then I might just be done with my hunter because nightstalker isn't too exciting, and I feel really cheap using it. I guess I'm going back to my warlock. Yaaaaaaay ):

CLBridges

Because no one asked for half of these changes. No one asked for gunslinger to be nerfed. No one asked for CB to be nerfed. No one asked for bladedancer to be nerfed. No one asked for twilight garrison to be nerfed. You see what I'm getting at here?

Yes, I see. I guess since I'm not as heavily invested in Destiny as I once was these changes don't really mean much. But, I can dig it for those it does affect.

I seem to remember someone saying a while back that someone from bungie said "if someone is having too much fun with a gun, we are doing something wrong." I'm starting to think that's true.

I seem to remember someone saying a while back that someone from bungie said "if someone is having too much fun with a gun, we are doing something wrong." I'm starting to think that's true.
Yikes, using that and nerfing things just based on the fact that they're highly used is such a bad attitude to take.

Is Sunsinger really the way to go for Warlocks? Voidwalker interests me a lot more....
In 3v3, it's better because of self res and firebolts, but void walkers better in 6s. If you like void walker more, then use void walker, if that's what you have fun with.

Edit: exactly Subtervotion, tripmines are harder to stick than the other stickies, you stick someone, you deserve it. Also, there's a chance hat it points back at you and kills you if you're too close, so there's that.

This is a "Feel my Pain" moment we're sharing. Thats how Ive felt about shotguns post TTK.

Top Bottom