• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Mindlog

Yeah with CoO, CoE and admittedly a bunch of exotic engrams I got all 3 of my characters to 334 pretty quickly. That was without a single raid or ToO run and before IB arrived.
Possible to solo challenge of elders? I doubt I'll find a team to run it with :(

Time is so precious these days.
Yes. Pretty easy with a Sunsinger (for when accidents happen) and a Defender Titan (to prevent accidents in the first place with bubble.) You can easily get 45k in a run just landing headshots.

However, with Hunter I like to get all fancy with throwing knives and round 2 is a damned nightmare. If you aren't managing adds with 100% efficiency it's easy to get surrounded and running away can get you killed. Cloak smoke Nightstalker is probably the way to go, but Gunslinger is so much more fun.

I'm running CoE last night & one of the bosses drop an exotic secondary engram for me, to which I (jokingly) say; "it's Patience & Time, it HAS to be", and went on about my evening.

I now have Patience & Time.. :)

What time of the day do you normally play?
Any time really, I'm in college so I have off for the summer, looking for jobs though so who knows in the future

Edit: so I have to kill two taken champions and find a curious object for this one quest but it doesn't give me any markers.....

Edit 2: what do I do with strange coins?

Dez_

Hmm.... I've never tried CoE solo. I may have to give that a shot. Only really played it on the first week, and I'd really like to get some of the gear exclusive to that.
Any time really, I'm in college so I have off for the summer, looking for jobs though so who knows in the future

Edit: so I have to kill two taken champions and find a curious object for this one quest but it doesn't give me any markers.....

Edit 2: what do I do with strange coins?

Strange coins are going to be your currency to buy exotics and items from Xur, an npc that shows ups somewhere in the tower (sometimes the reef) from Friday to Saturday. You can spend your strange coins on exotic gear you don't have yet, 3 of coins to help you earn exotics, heavy ammo synth for faction leveling among other things.

Hit 335 on my Warlock thanks to an accidental challenge-mode Warpriest kill dropping an artifact.

I'd rather not burden anyone with running CoE with me, I might randomly go afk or have to leave in the middle of it lol.

Maybe I can put away 30-45min to try and run it at some point this week :p

Only takes 25 minutes, I think, and if playing with others, your AFK-ness means it can still be finished without you (I had to take a work call this week during CoE).

so I have to kill two taken champions and find a curious object for this one quest but it doesn't give me any markers.....

Just kill a Taken champion and it will drop something identified by the standard patrol mission collect-things paper hat icon.

what do I do with strange coins?

You give them to Xür on Friday/Saturday in exchange for things— a rotating selection of exotics, sparrow engines (turn rare sparrow into a legendary sparrow), three of coins, heavy synths, glass needles and the world's most expensive motes of light.

Daily skirmish glitched out on me and now its saying I don't get any legendary marks for a win even though I haven't won yet :(

Edit: also I've gotten multiple Rares that have better stats than legendaries and I feel like that shouldn't happen

Daily skirmish glitched out on me and now its saying I don't get any legendary marks for a win even though I haven't won yet :(

Edit: also I've gotten multiple Rares that have better stats than legendaries and I feel like that shouldn't happen
You don't have to win the daily to get the marks.

Also, if you get something better than your current legendary, but you really like the one you have, you can always infuse the higher level weapon/armor into your current gear.

E92 M3

You can infuse your blues into the legendaries.

Shiv47

I'm running CoE last night & one of the bosses drop an exotic secondary engram for me, to which I (jokingly) say; "it's Patience & Time, it HAS to be", and went on about my evening.

I now have Patience & Time.. :)
I don't know, I got an exotic engram last night during the crucible train, and thought "this'll finally be my Zen Meteor."

it wasn't :(

You don't have to win the daily to get the marks.

Also, if you get something better than your current legendary, but you really like the one you have, you can always infuse the higher level weapon/armor into your current gear.
Oh shit really? You have to win the weekly though right?

so I've gotten multiple Rares that have better stats than legendaries and I feel like that shouldn't happen

The blues conform to the same archetypes as the legendaries, so with a few exceptions there is a year 2 legendary similar to this fancy blue you've got, but with more perks. If it's just light level, hang on to the legendary and infuse it higher or down the road.

I thought they changed the way legendary engrams were being decrypted? I could have sworn I read a note where they mentioned that engrams would always decrypt at a higher light level.

I'm at 315 at the moment. I've had pretty terrible luck getting legendary engrams, but when I did - they all decrypted to under 290. At least my exotics have been consistently good.

I thought they changed the way legendary engrams were being decrypted? I could have sworn I read a note where they mentioned that engrams would always decrypt at a higher light level.

I'm at 315 at the moment. I've had pretty terrible luck getting legendary engrams, but when I did - they all decrypted to under 290. At least my exotics have been consistently good.
Legendaries go up to 310 and are higher than your light, but if you are higher than 310, then it drops at a random light level.

ch4fx_

I'll be online tonight around 10 CST if that's not too late & you're free. If PvP isn't your thing, we can farm some Heroic Strikes & should be able to get you some pretty decent gear.

I don't know, I got an exotic engram last night during the crucible train, and thought "this'll finally be my Zen Meteor."

it wasn't :(

I hate to be "that guy" but..
I ran a 2nd card with JJ & cvelte last night in which I had another exotic legendary engram drop.

It was a Zen Meteor.

RNG, huh?

WeTeHa

Anybody left that still has to run CoE?

I still have 2 characters for this week. I'm mainly looking to do 2x 30k runs for the weapons, but I can also do 2 full cards. I have 40 minutes now till the ubi conference and then after ubi I have several hours till sony.

Dez_

I still have 2 characters for this week. I'm mainly looking to do 2x 30k runs for the weapons, but I can also do 2 full cards. I have 40 minutes now till the ubi conference and then after ubi I have several hours till sony.

Wouldn't mind running some CoE after the Ubi conference.

"Puts on Ubisoft conference"

"Conference starts"

This was a mistake...
hopefully this one will be more interesting than the Microsoft one.

Edit: oh, that was just dance.
mistakes not forgiven

Shiv47

I ran a 2nd card with JJ & cvelte last night in which I had another exotic legendary engram drop.

It was a Zen Meteor.

RNG, huh?

Yeah, pretty much. It's not even like I'd use it, it's just the empty spots in my kiosk screen offend me.

I'll be online tonight around 10 CST if that's not too late & you're free. If PvP isn't your thing, we can farm some Heroic Strikes & should be able to get you some pretty decent gear.

It was a Zen Meteor.

RNG, huh?
I'll be online after the Sony conference, I enjoy pvp a little bit more actually but yeah I should probably start running heroic strikes. I'm at light level 250ish

Mindlog

Counterbalance
There are some cases where a perk's effectiveness makes it seem like an absolute necessity to run. For many players this is currently true for Counterbalance; not only is it an extremely effective perk, but it nullifies the uniqueness of each gun’s recoil pattern. We hope these changes will let the personality of each gun shine through a bit more.
I don't understand how something can be understood and simultaneously not understood.
We will call this; The Guardian's Cat.
uniqueness of each gun’s recoil pattern
Wes9ona.gif

I don't understand how something can be understood and simultaneously not understood.
We will call this; The Guardian's Cat.

Wes9ona.gif

Obviously the answer is to nerf the perk people like, not buff or remove all the garbage perks everyone hates. *sigh* Salt levels rising... time to not post for a bit.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So do you think that this Doctrine of Passing nerf is going to be enough to get people to stop using the Doctrine of Passing? :p

Also, Tripmines no longer stick to opponents?! BULLSHIT.
That Golden Gun buff is nice though

Fuck this shit with the tripmine nerf. WTF are they doing? So now we can not even stick enemies? Biggest bulshitt ever. Because a maximum armour enemy will not survive a trip mine. Noooo, lets nerf it, someone somewhere got but hurt
Lets nerf also throwing knifes as we are at it, making gun singler almost pointless.

Tha fuck

So do you think that this Doctrine of Passing nerf is going to be enough to get people to stop using the Doctrine of Passing? :p

Auto Rifles are dead. Again. No one will use them now. Doctrine was in a good place imo. I know lots of folks feel different, but...UGH.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Fuck this shit with the tripmine nerf. WTF are they doing? So now we can not even stick enemies? Biggest bulshitt ever. Because a maximum armour enemy will not survive a trip mine. Noooo, lets nerf it, someone somewhere got but hurt
Lets nerf also throwing knifes as we are at it, making gun singler almost pointless.

Tha fuck
I wonder if indeed it's a case of how brutal Tripmines were in PvP, in terms of sticking to an enemy and then detonating and killing a cluster. That being said, STOP NERFING PVE BECAUSE OF PVP BUNGIE!!!

Auto Rifles are dead. Again. No one will use them now. Doctrine was in a good place imo. I know lots of folks feel different, but...UGH.
I regularly use the Zaranaea-D, so thankfully that's unaffected (except for the Counterbalance nerf), but yeah both the Arminius-D and Doctrine are now dead. Again.

Mindlog

I was just learning to enjoy high RoF AR's in PvE though.
So they nerf damage AND cb. Do they know how long it takes to get a weapon with a decent perk roll for all of your characters?

And they won't adjust it again for 12 months if these changes suck....

SERENITY NOW!

I don't know what to say. I play Gunslinger in Crucible because Wombo Combo is even more bullshit than Firebolt. It's lame.

I just can't. I'm out for a bit.

Wow wtf they totally nerfed trip mines. Common Bungie why you gotta fuck with my main pvp class!?

So since they nerfed high ROF autos, Pulses are going to be even better now?

Dave_6

What the actual fuck at the tripmine nerf!? Fucking seriously?

:(

Are they going to nerf the other sticky grenades too so they don't stick? Ahhhhhhhh...

V1ctIm

Neo Member
And here I was hoping for a Y2 Necrochasm for fun and excitement. It's so frustrating how once anything become fun they have to put a stop to it and I'm not one to say this at every change they make. Some of my favorite kills this year have been tripmines sticking to other players--it's been awesome! Now they stop that too?? Weapons were actually feeling diverse of late so I really don't see any reason for any of this. Glad I'm moving this week and won't be online for a while because it would just make me sad.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I don't know what to say. I play Gunslinger in Crucible because Wombo Combo is even more bullshit than Firebolt. It's lame.

I just can't. I'm out for a bit.
Gunslinger is my main Hunter class as well, and this Tripmine nerf really hits hard because I did indeed use them as an all-purpose weapon - the number of times I've gotten kills from sticking an enemy with a Tripmine is quite high, but that doesn't mean that it's any less of a feat to get that kill (like using Throwing Knife.)

In my opinion, this nerf was totally unnecessary and makes me quite sad.

Well they ruined Gunslinger for no reason. There were no complaints. I'm done. I don't know what Bungie is thinking. All of their balancing seems motivated by looking at stats. Their reasoning seems to be, "too many people use this, let's nerf it." The sandbox team and crucible team continue to make terrible decisions that make the game less fun. They have continually made everything more and more bland over time. I don't know what Bungie's vision is, but I don't like it and I can't support it. Their design ethos is just worsening at an alarming rate. So disappointed in the direction Bungie is going. Unless Rise of Iron rights the ship I don't know that I have interest in playing a game thats developers suck the fun out of seemingly left and right.

I wonder if indeed it's a case of how brutal Tripmines were in PvP, in terms of sticking to an enemy and then detonating and killing a cluster. That being said, STOP NERFING PVE BECAUSE OF PVP BUNGIE!!!

I regularly use the Zaranaea-D, so thankfully that's unaffected (except for the Counterbalance nerf), but yeah both the Arminius-D and Doctrine are now dead. Again.

I really do not know what they are doing. They are making the game boring. There are choices on the game. There are plenty of weapons and combinations. Let people use them. Not all of us play PVP to win at all costs. Some of us play PVP for fun. Fun, that you are actually taking away from the game Bungie.

I like to have choices on my PVE. I don't want to play Night Stalker/Sunsinger/Hammer bros all the freaking time.

Argh. They keep on making the most stupid , baffling decisions. Who makes this decisions and why?

Also, nerf Hawkmoon again. Because the phantom bullets were not bad enough. What do you want people to use on your game? Swords? Side arms? Why not nerf MG also. You know, 48 rounds can still kill a few people. Nerf it to 20. And make it that heavy packs only fall from majors in PVE. Im sure you will be happy then Bungie

Rant over. FTS

Top Bottom