• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

When on patrol the taken will randomly invade, you need to kill 3 lieutenants and then the boss twice on each planet the quest tells you to go to.

On earth I recommend the Divide, where the fallen walker public event drops.
Well that's an incredibly frustrating quest to complete :/

What about the curious object?

Dez_

Sony press conference was fantastic. Pretty much all games all the time. I honestly was hoping to see a little Destiny stuff in there, even a slight teaser for Destiny 2. They used to open up the conferences with their stuff. Either way, there's a lot of good stuff on the horizon.

ch4fx_

Sony press conference was fantastic. Pretty much all games all the time. I honestly was hoping to see a little Destiny stuff in there, even a slight teaser for Destiny 2. They used to open up the conferences with their stuff. Either way, there's a lot of good stuff on the horizon.

I have zero doubts that we are at the dawn of some pretty awesome stuff.

LTWood12

No destiny :(

I would rant about the bullethose nerf (along with counterbalance), but don't have the energy.

Happy we're finally getting some much needed super buffs in PvE though.

It's a shame because there were so many good changes there. Firebolts nerfed, HC accuracy buffed, hammers buffed, supers buffed in PVE, etc. it's just the few bad things like the CB nerf, doctrine archetype nerf, gunslinger nerf, and bladedancer nerf that makes this so terrible. Why nerf those two subclasses when nightstalker is arguably the more powerful of the three subclasses, AND they buffed smoke, making it even more powerful. Everyone prepare to see a lot more night stalkers and vendor hawksaws.

Dez_

I don't really understand the counterbalance nerf. That thing generally made most recoil completely vertical. Does this mean there will be more horizontal recoil again?

I don't really understand the counterbalance nerf. That thing generally made most recoil completely vertical. Does this mean there will be more horizontal recoil again?

Every gun has it's own recoil - some go up, some left, some right and so on. CB basically reduces that recoil pattern down by 90%, now it will only reduce it by 80%.

BLCKATK

Just read the patch notes. I feel like the tripmine changes are unnecessary but I'm not gonna get salty about it. Gunslinger is probably my 2nd favorite PvP subclass next to Bladedancer, so I am definitely getting "hurt" by the changes but it's not going to destroy my playstyle. Everything else though is solid. PvE super buffs are great, bringing Sunbreakers back a little bit is great, buffing the unused grenades is a great move, and honestly, the viking funeral change makes Sunsinger an even more interesting Support build character, which I am way more interested in.

Overall I'm not too bothered? Reddit's really rustled by this and I know a few friends of mine are sounding like they are done with the game over it.

ocean

Banned
But guys supers got a PvE buff!
Oh nobody gives a shit about PvE?
:(

---

Single Shadestep man. This is the most bullshit killjoy patch ever and this is fucking Destiny we're talking about so that's no small feat.

---

Single Shadestep man. This is the most bullshit killjoy patch ever and this is fucking Destiny we're talking about so that's no small feat.
I don't get the single shade step and single twilight garrison. I'm pretty sure that's another thing no one complained about. The problem with shade step was that it seemed to have a small window of invincibility from almost everything, and there was nothing wrong with garrison.

ocean

Banned
Plus if you can jump out of smoke wombo doesn't work anymore.

Why

Ugh. I know Bungie lurks here occasionally so I'll take my rants to Discord, I'd hate for somebody to feel personally insulted for my believing this is the dumbest shit ever.

Why

Ugh. I know Bungie lurks here occasionally so I'll take my rants to Discord, I'd hate for somebody to feel personally insulted for my believing this is the dumbest shit ever.
I did not think about that...well, I guess they just killed hunters in PvP, thanks Bungie!! Doing a great job guys!

RIP all hunters

GunnerZ

---

No cares about PvE? Ohh they're going to care when the DLC drops because you know everyone is dying for new content and PvE Is going to be the majority the Content, so those super buffs are really good.

And to say that this is a "bullshit killjoy of a patch ever" just because they nerf shadestep is so ridiculous so say.

ocean

Banned
No cares about PvE? Ohh they're going to care when the DLC drops because you know everyone is dying for new content and PvE Is going to be the majority the Content, so those super buffs are really good.

And to say that this is a "bullshit killjoy of a patch ever" just because they nerf shadestep is so ridiculous so say.
Thanks for participating! Shame I can't gift you NeoGAF Gold because "you have a ridiculous opinion" is a stellar retort :)

BLCKATK

---

Didn't they reduce the cooldown of Shadestep as well though? So instead of 2 Charges/5 Second Cooldown it's 1 Charge/3 Second cooldown?

I think he was just giving one example, but he's right. I would say about 25-30% of this update gave great changes and the rest were ridiculous,"no fun allowed", changes that weren't even problems in the first place. The thing that really hurts me the most is the Hawkmoon nerf. The gun is in a near perfect spot, but Bungie just refuses to leave it alone and admit that. "Oh, someone is using Hawkmoon? I guess it needs a nerf!" Leave that great gun alone for crying out loud.

GunnerZ

Ever since the patch notes dropped people are just nit picking and complaining about the most trivial things and blowing it out of proportion.

Ever since the patch notes dropped people are just nit picking and complaining about the most trivial things and blowing it out of proportion.
Trivial? They nerfed gunslingers melee and its best grenade. They sort of nerfed blink and nerfed arc blade. They nerfed wombo combo. They nerfed shade step. They are basically telling you not to PvP with a hunter. They also nerfed Hawkmoon! AGAIN!! They nerfed fun!!

How is that stuff "trivial"?

GunnerZ

Trivial? They nerfed gunslingers melee and its best grenade. They sort of nerfed blink and nerfed arc blade. They nerfed wombo combo. They nerfed shade step. They are basically telling you not to PvP with a hunter. They also nerfed Hawkmoon! AGAIN!! They nerfed fun!!

How is that stuff "trivial"?
Tripmine - 3% dmg reduction and you can't stick people with it not the end of the world

Arc blade - increased by 2 seconds which in PVP terms it's enough. It lasts longer when you actually hit someone instead of spamming it like a mad person.

Shadestep - use it more carfully know that you have 1 dodge.

Wombo Combo - well that thing is just damn annoying, smoke grenades needed a nerf.

I'm on the same boat with you on Hawkmoon they really need to stop touching that gun.

Their not telling you to not use hunters in crucible but to take these changes and integrate them in you play style as a hunter.

Trivial maybe the Wrong word to use but all these changes don't seem like a big deal to me.

Why

Oh please, continue. This is an event horizon point we both agree on-That their continued nerfs of fun things are stupid as hell. Like, I'm not going to go Maximum Salt, but they're just slowly strangling this game. Why? Because the only rhyme and reason to their balance changes are:Nerf the fun stuff. From the Vex Mythoclast, to the Thorn, to the Hawkmoon, to the Gjallahorn, to hand cannons, to shotguns, to classes.....

....I get why they're doing it. For weapons atleast. They nerf fun weapons because they want to keep drip feeding you new weapons. Because when all your weapons are mediocre, than lousy weapon upgrades suddenly become good and worth upgrading to. That is the double edged sword with their 'level up your shit to max level' philosophy they have going. They have to keep nerfing nerfing nerfing so that people have a reason to use new weapons they release that will inevitably be much stronger.

It's stupid. Everyone hates it. They keep doing it. Personally, it's keeping me from wanting to buy the new expansion.

Tripmine - 3% dmg reduction and you can't stick people with it not the end of the world

Arc blade - increased by 2 seconds which in PVP terms it's enough. It lasts longer when you actually hit someone instead of spamming it like a mad person.

Shadestep - use it more carfully know that you have 1 dodge.

Wombo Combo - well that thing is just damn annoying, smoke grenades needed a nerf.

I'm on the same boat with you on Hawkmoon they really need to stop touching that gun.

Their not telling you to not use hunters in crucible but to take these changes and integrate them in you play style as a hunter.

Trivial maybe the Wrong word to use but all these changes don't seem like a big deal to me.

Erm. These things absolutely matter. They're changing the dynamics that made the Hunter classes fun. They may not matter to you, but they absolutely matter to people who enjoyed Hunters. This isn't complaining for the sake of complaining. It's getting tired of Bungies shit when it comes to balancing.

Defuser

Vortex grenades still slow down players right? Wombo Combo could probably still work if you throw Vortex grenades first then the smoke.

Erm. These things absolutely matter. They're changing the dynamics that made the Hunter classes fun. They may not matter to you, but they absolutely matter to people who enjoyed Hunters. This isn't complaining for the sake of complaining. It's getting tired of Bungies shit when it comes to balancing.

By my count, the person you are responding to has played 393 Crucible matches since the release of TTK as a Hunter. You've played 1. Over six months ago. Please go on about the fun Bungie is depriving you of with this patch.

By my count, the person you are responding to has played 393 Crucible matches since the release of TTK as a Hunter. You've played 1. Over six months ago. Please go on about the fun Bungie is depriving you of with this patch.

Not only did I not say that they were affecting me as a Hunter main(Context clues!) but you don't have to ask me, look at posts from some other people upset about it.

Context clues, sparrow. Reading is fun. I read that people who enjoy hunters, in this thread, are disappointed in the changes. That is what I was referring to. If you have trouble understanding that, then that's on you. Do you want me to spell it out further? Or can I never discuss the patch notes unless I actively play the game? Please continue, Sparrow. If you want to argue semantics, if you want to argue context, if you want to discuss how context and words work, I'm here to help you out, buddy.

Top Bottom