• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Blink got f'ed plenty with huge nerfs at the end of Y1. The current nerf is comparatively very minor but honestly confusing. Why a -1 penalty to Recovery? Blink is a really fun and unique movement ability with a high skill ceiling. The game needs to lean into its tremendous sense of motion as a focal point for "feeling Legendary."

If you use ot incorrectly, you end up blinking right into them, blinking towards the ground, blinking at a wall...blink does have a high skill ceiling and that balanced it out.

^lol that's what I love about it. All the "blink fails" make it that much more fun when you pull off a clever or tricky maneuver with it.

Is there an E3 destiny stream tomorrow? My friend insists there is but I can't find anything about it. I want new info!

Unless it's a surprise that hasn't been announced yet: no.

Bungie has been giving some very basic interviews to E3 news outlets about RoI but there's no indication that a major reveal or stream is planned.

stay gold

Blink only needed the visible trail and cooldown nerf, everything else is too much, it's an underpowered ability right now imo.

I assume they're hitting recovery with it because they think it's too easy to retreat and heal up, but that's basically all it's good for in year 2, it sure as hell has no viability as an offensive manoeuvre.

Zocano

Blink got f'ed plenty with huge nerfs at the end of Y1. The current nerf is comparatively very minor but honestly confusing. Why a -1 penalty to Recovery? Blink is a really fun and unique movement ability with a high skill ceiling. The game needs to lean into its tremendous sense of motion as a focal point for "feeling Legendary."

Fair, I just don't care for hunters blink.

I think it needs to lean into just making all the classes actually different but it's sorta not set up for that (I don't think adjusting #s on the current perks will get anywhere). Would like to see big fundamental changes to the classes in Destiny 2 but for now they seem to just want to make everything flat/similar rather than one class very distinctively better than the others.

Frenden

Banned
I've read some speculation that the high RoF autos will have roughly the same ttk as the mid-RoF/impact tier now. If so, there's really no reason to run a Doctrine over a Hatchet or Spectre.

But, realistically, the meta is gonna be MIDA and Hawksaw and Grasp, so whatever.

LTWood12

in the context of how tripmine grenades have functioned since 9/9/2014, the nerf is very oddly timed. Same goes for Shadestep as it's functioned as is since the release of The Taken King. Both of these changes seem like measures you would take on something fairly soon after release as this drastically changes how both abilities function. The change to shadestep especially changes the feel of the subclass significantly.

I've read some speculation that the high RoF autos will have roughly the same ttk as the mid-RoF/impact tier now. If so, there's really no reason to run a Doctrine over a Hatchet or Spectre.

But, realistically, the meta is gonna be MIDA and Hawksaw and Grasp, so whatever.
That does not sound fun at all, I guess I'll be playing even less trials than I already do. Oh well, at least I got overwatch for now. RIP doctrine, you will be missed.

LTWood12

Goodbye Trucker Law....
OBFmhc3l.jpg

Your candle burned out long before, your legend ever did.
3375798.jpg

Sane_Man

^lol that's what I love about it. All the "blink fails" make it that much more fun when you pull off a clever or tricky maneuver with it.

Unless it's a surprise that hasn't been announced yet: no.

Bungie has been giving some very basic interviews to E3 news outlets about RoI but there's no indication that a major reveal or stream is planned.

Hmm ign do have 20 minutes slated tomorrow for a rise of iron show on the schedule.

Is there an E3 destiny stream tomorrow? My friend insists there is but I can't find anything about it. I want new info!

Bungie will wait until 4 weeks prior to Rise of Iron to do divide information into 3x Twitch reveals, once a week leading up to the release.

I really can't stand that.

Give us 1 stream with all the info you'll reveal, please.

Toki767

PSN is running a Spend $100, Get $15 promotion that ends on the 21st. So now seems like a good time to pre-order Rise of Iron.

WeTeHa

Best part of patches are the stealth changes

It's like christmas morning. Except that you don't wonder what you get, because it's always a lump of coal. And except stockings, there's a lump of coal. And except christmas, it's a lump of coal :p

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Reduced hunter health by 50. Dispatched a Bungie employee to systematically visit everyone who mains a Hunter and kick them in the nuts.
"We looked at our stats and noticed that users maining hunters have been using their genitals too much, so we're going to apply ~%100 nerf, with our feet to their private parts"

Took my crowd control CB/BF Arminius and low-zoom Defiance of Yasmin out last night for a spin through some strikes. Sniff.

It's like christmas morning. Except that you don't wonder what you get, because it's always a lump of coal. And except stockings, there's a lump of coal. And except christmas, it's a lump of coal :p

Sometimes it's new exotics! Sometimes it's existing exotics being accidentally nerfed (SGA/Thunderlord).

Frenden

Banned
You'll always have a home on team Voidlock my friend

That was my second most used (and statistically best) class, so I think I'm going to bark up that tree. Despite Stormcaller being borderline OP compared to the other classes after all these nerfs. I just like voidbros.

That was my second most used (and statistically best) class, so I think I'm going to bark up that tree. Despite Stormcaller being borderline OP compared to the other classes after all these nerfs. I just like voidbros.
It definitely feels more enjoyable throwing a big nuke at someone them to shoot some lightning at them. Void walker will always be one of my favorite subclasses. Nothing beats how fun it is.

except bladedancer ):

It's what i main on my lock. But don't go around shouting that from the top of the Tower, if not for Bungie to nerf the heck out of it

Arrrammis

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/742778850610798592

New event enemies in the Cosmodrome! (Might be promotional for DLC, might not actually in game yet- I have hope though!)
Edit: Appears to be just promotion right now, nobody is posting screenshots.

Also, rumors that there are burns on the Heroic strike playlist now, can someone check? I'm away ATM.

Edit:
Yup

Arc Burn
Brawler
Iron Clad

On the Heroic Strikes

Thanks!

HigXx

Nightfall has definitely changed from when I done it this morning, the modifiers have changed

Definitely Omnigul now instead of Fallen Saber

Top Bottom