• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Mindlog

1 CoE Card (3 Games)
335 Greg's Promise
335 Twilight Garrison (Engram)
335 Her Fury
335 Keeper's Mind (Warlock Helmet)
335 Ghost x2

That April update.
OtIO036.png

Iceman829

When does the public beta start? I need to get yelled at for bumping into you...:p

Sounds good, Is the beta open yet?

Good deal. I'll probably be on most evenings, I think DMH said he would run as well.

I'll be on around 930/10 or so if you all run then.

I think it should be open by tomorrow night. Check the store later on when you login in though.

Why don't we run it tonight.

Ice, thirsty, dmh, axo, zoso, and... shit where's truelize when you need him

Iceman829

I do still need to complete the hard raid at least once... but overwatch is just way too much fun.

I'll be playing Overwatch until everyone else is on later. If I see you playing I'll jump in your party. There's still plenty of us that can get you through a hard king's fall raid. You just have to ask and give us a day to plan around

Axoman

1 CoE Card (3 Games)
335 Greg's Promise
335 Twilight Garrison (Engram)
335 Her Fury
335 Keeper's Mind (Warlock Helmet)
335 Ghost x2

That April update.
OtIO036.png

I haven't gotten much 335 stuff yet. I'm normally 331-332 when running things and I get a lot of 333 and 334 items. Warpriest last week gave me all 333 heavies when I was 332 and had a 333 heavy equipped.

I'll be on around 930/10 or so if you all run then.

I think it should be open by tomorrow night. Check the store later on when you login in though.

Why don't we run it tonight.

Ice, thirsty, dmh, axo, zoso, and... shit where's truelize when you need him

I can't get on early tonight if that's a problem, probably couldn't get on until after 11PM EST. If you want to shoot for tomorrow night, I could be on about 10PM EST.

I do still need to complete the hard raid at least once... but overwatch is just way too much fun.

You keep saying that and we offer to run you through it but you never show! That 50 gamerscore is calling you!

Iceman829

I haven't gotten much 335 stuff yet. I'm normally 331-332 when running things and I get a lot of 333 and 334 items. Warpriest last week gave me all 333 heavies when I was 332 and had a 333 heavy equipped.

I can't get on early tonight if that's a problem, probably couldn't get on until after 11PM EST. If you want to shoot for tomorrow night, I could be on about 10PM EST.

You keep saying that and we offer to run you through it but you never show! That 50 gamerscore is calling you!

That's fine with me. Gives us a day to find a sucker to raid with. Did truelize fall down a well? I'll shoot him a message about tomorrow if everyone else wants to run it then. I'll play Overwatch tonight :p

ocean

Banned
Can somebody who knows a little more than I do about stat distributions tell me if one of these 2 builds is possible on a Hunter?

Using Graviton: T2 Int T5 Dis T5 Str (T12)
Using Alpha Lupi: T1 Int T5 Dis T5 STR (T11)

My Graviton build is 1-5-5 and my Alpha Lupi build is all sorts of fucked up (1-4-5)

Mindlog

Matchmaking has been weird as hell. I landed with two very smart Rift teams back to back and won both games. The first one was close and the second the bubble spamming Titans kept feeding my Stormbringer and we easily plowed our way to the enemy Rift. Good times.
Anyone for poe cm?
Need to complete the 90k score ,join on me lightsaberut
I will be running tomorrow if no one gets you tonight. Just have to find out what time is good for Jay.

Hey so am jumping on to do the hard mode raid from the sisters onwards.

I have done the raid normal mode but not hard mode, but did the golgoroth challenge, totems etc earlier which seemed to be fine!

If anyone can help me through the Hard mode raid I would be really grateful

1.bobs_99

ocean

Banned
I really can't stand these rigged matches holy fuck.

Every time I win a few games with good performance the game feeds me the absolute shittiest players in the universe - no matter how hard I try I'm put into games which are just impossible to win. Just went 1.1 with 18 kills - second best guy on my team went 0.4 with 8 kills. Enemy team? All 12+ kills and their lowest K/D was a 1.4.

I'm at this horrible spot of the skill curve where I'm not bad enough for the game to feed me a carrying star, but I'm not good enough to carry a full team either.

SBMM is fucking ass.

FyreWulff

Downloaded Overwatch.

Will never understand devs that ship full key rebind in game but omit basic stick control options. Overwatch doesn't even have lefty sticks. lol

Matchmaking has been weird as hell. I landed with two very smart Rift teams back to back and won both games. The first one was close and the second the bubble spamming Titans kept feeding my Stormbringer and we easily plowed our way to the enemy Rift. Good times.

I will be running tomorrow if no one gets you tonight. Just have to find out what time is good for Jay.
Sure let me know when

WeTeHa

Can somebody who knows a little more than I do about stat distributions tell me if one of these 2 builds is possible on a Hunter?

Using Graviton: T2 Int T5 Dis T5 Str (T12)
Using Alpha Lupi: T1 Int T5 Dis T5 STR (T11)

My Graviton build is 1-5-5 and my Alpha Lupi build is all sorts of fucked up (1-4-5)

I have 1-5-5 on both graviton and alpha lupi, and I'm very certain 2-5-5 is possible for both. I have a couple of pretty crappy stat rolls on my gear and I'm missing maybe 20 points. I can get at least 10 more on my artifact and chest or something. For Alpha lupi it'll be more annoying, but should still be possible.

Hey so am jumping on to do the hard mode raid from the sisters onwards.

I can help out on the weekend. Probably won't be playing much tomorrow/friday, but saturday/sunday evening should be fine for me.
Edit: Also, your chances will be much higher to find people next week with oryx as the challenge.

Thanks for the raid stuff today everyone. Got some good (infusion) stuff. Still hunting those perfect stat rolls on legendary gear for 5/5/2 :S

So, first time Destiny player, been playing for a few hours solo up to lvl 8. Is it best to just jump straight to 25 now? What's the best way of tackling the story/patrols etc. so it doesn't get too repetitive/grindy?

So, first time Destiny player, been playing for a few hours solo up to lvl 8. Is it best to just jump straight to 25 now? What's the best way of tackling the story/patrols etc. so it doesn't get too repetitive/grindy?

You should play through the story missions at least once, and use the lvl 25 boost on an alt if you ever plan on making one.

I assume you have the Taken King expansion? There is plenty of stuff to do that will get you to level 40, and then you can work on getting your Light level up.

Story missions try to do them on hard for the extra xp, and make sure to pick up vanguard bounties from the bounty tracker in the tower or reef.

If you like PVP, then crucible is also a decent way to leveling up.

You can also do the refer-a-friend quest if it has been less than 7 days since you first logged in (assuming you have Taken King). It provides a bonus xp boost. Also if you can get a red bull code, that will boost xp gains for 30 minutes, which you can use for fast leveling up by turning in completed bounties with the boost active.

Top Bottom