• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

GhaleonEB

I played Destiny today, for the first time since the April update. Got halfway through the daily story mission and called it good. I'm still so bothered by the last sandbox update that I'm having a hard time enjoying the game at all.

TBH, the sandbox is so bad right now it's dampened my enthusiasm for the expansion.

I played Destiny today, for the first time since the April update. Got halfway through the daily story mission and called it good. I'm still so bothered by the last sandbox update that I'm having a hard time enjoying the game at all.

TBH, the sandbox is so bad right now it's dampened my enthusiasm for the expansion.

We gotta hope, Ghaleon. Hope that they'll somehow retread on those changes and that shotguns will be fun again, that all the weapons will feel fun, that classes will be rebuffed up to their former glory.

It's so weird. It's so...they nerf one thing, another thing takes its place, so they nerf that, then the previous thing comes back, and they nerf that again, and they never touch snipers, and then they nerf classes halfway through the year for no reason except they're popular and..

...I'm hoping Rise of Iron scales back on alot of those things. I want to raid with my buddies again and have fun. I want to have an arsenal weapons to play with and not feel hindered by trying different things. Uggggh. This game is so much fun, it plays so well, but it's actively pushing away.

One day some day.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
38OmOz1.png

Need more vault space Bungie.

Just picked up a Grasp from the strike playlist. Red Dot-ores, rangefinder, hand-laid stock, & glass half full.

Not a god roll, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Best Two Grasps from tonight...

Red Dot-Ors/OutLaw/Braced Frame/Last Resort - 37 Range/89 Stability

Red Dot-Oes/Counter Balance/Perfect Balance/Third Eye 34 Range/ 77 Stability

Both super fun and viable. I was able to hit from the Heavy Ammo Boxes on Frontier all the way to spawn entrances and still get 23 dmg Crits.

I think my personal god rolls is...

Red Dot-Ors/Counter Balance/Perfect Balance/Feeding Frenzy I would get the 37 Range and still keep 33 rounds.

Dez_

Ended up getting around 10+ Grasps overall today. Most of them not great on rolls. The best ones I had were
- Red dot Oes / Range Finder / Hand laid stock / Last Resort
- Red dot oas / Head seeker / Small bore / Third eye
- Red dot ors / Counter balance / Injection Mold / Spray and play

I'm going to spend some time with each of them in the crucible (as soon as it stops being broken) to get a feel for them. My only other Grasp was something I got accidentally months ago, and had nothing useful but braced frame, but man... that thing was so damn good. You know this is the next thing on the chopping block within the next few months. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Guerrilla Fighter

Why does that even exist?

sajj316

Best Two Grasps from tonight...

Red Dot-Ors/OutLaw/Braced Frame/Last Resort - 37 Range/89 Stability

Red Dot-Oes/Counter Balance/Perfect Balance/Third Eye 34 Range/ 77 Stability

Both super fun and viable. I was able to hit from the Heavy Ammo Boxes on Frontier all the way to spawn entrances and still get 23 dmg Crits.

I think my personal god rolls is...

Red Dot-Ors/Counter Balance/Perfect Balance/Feeding Frenzy I would get the 37 Range and still keep 33 rounds.

I got mine with red dot-oas, surrounded, braced frame, and feeding frenzy. 33 range and 92 stability

The other one with rangefinder, fitted stock, and glass half full.

Thanks for the runs Dez and Ch4x

Best I could manage was counter balance, perfect balance, spray and play

sights are red dot ORES, focus lens and truesight.

about 17 grasps in all.

I'd be better off swapping out perfect balance for reinforced barrel..wouldnt I? the range goes up a LOT

Gave up on the Grasp, but did CoE and got a Aegis of the Reef with Perfect Balance, Third Eye, and High-Caliber Rounds.

I'm happy.

I'm really happy.

Femto.

Hey guys, a few friends of mine and myself are looking to jump into Destiny, but I would like to ask: How big are the team sizes for this game? Five of us would be playing.

For Crucible (multiplayer) you can have a fireteam up to 6
For PVE/Story/Patrol you can have 3
Raids are 6
Strikes are 3

Thanks!

Dthomp

Hey guys, a few friends of mine and myself are looking to jump into Destiny, but I would like to ask: How big are the team sizes for this game? Five of us would be playing.

For Crucible (multiplayer) you can have a fireteam up to 6
For PVE/Story/Patrol you can have 3
Raids are 6
Strikes are 3

MightyKAC

Down for farming Grasp if anyone else is available.

I can be what ever class is needed.

PSN: MightKAC

Edit: got one need one more any takers?

Future

Anywhere I can go to see some of the changes that make you think this? Ive been away from destiny for awhile and was interested in checking it out again

Wow, having 8 days without access to the internet at this time of year is terrible! I missed the leaks, the stream and E3 conferences. I have spent the past day catching up on this thread. Oh my word did it take a while reading everyones reactions to the drip feed of leaks and the update.

Below are my thoughts on a few things that have been mentioned over the past week or so.

• Elemental Primaries - When the decision was made to remove elements from primaries I was initially annoyed. I loved my FB and VoC. But as Y2 has gone on I personally feel like it was the right decision. During Y1 I used a very limited number of weapons. Mainly because I could burn through shields with my primary I would very rarely use my secondary (Black Hammer / Ice Breaker) against mobs. In Y2 I actively alter my loadout depending upon what enemies I am going up against, and knowing what shields I will have to deal with. I now often switch to a sniper to bring a wizards shield down before switching back to a primary to finish them off. In Y1 I would have just held the trigger down on VoC and melted them that way. In my opinion the removal of elements from primaries has made the way I approach encounters much more interesting and made prioritising targets more important.
  • Rise of Iron - I've not had chance to watch the reveal stream yet but from what I have read I am hyped for it. It is coming out at a reasonable price and my expectations are set accordingly. On top of the expected Strike, Raid and Story missions I hope they continue with more consistent live events. Hopefully a beefed up Festival of the Lost, the return of SRL with more tracks, an update to Crimson Days. Ideally I would want some form of live event every month, but I would settle for one every 2-3 months with IB remaining as a monthly event.
  • Weapon Balance - The Doctrine class did need some work, but I think the 6% damage reduction is a bit heavy handed. Hopefully it makes other ARs viable but it will be a shame to put my CB Doctrine in the vault. Handcannons got some much needed love but I really do not see the need for a Hawkmoon specific nerf. The counter balance nerf was possibly needed as it does turn weapons into laser accurate death machines. It will probably affect a few weapons I have in my vault but it will mean that you have a bit more leeway with the rolls. However, they REALLY need to sort the weapon perks out. So many of them are complete trash and serve no real purpose.
  • Gunslinger - As someone who mains a hunter, specifically a gunslinger these nerfs have hit me harder than pretty much every other nerf Bungie have done. Tripmines were awesome, as many have pointed out you actually needed to aim to get it to stick. Unlike certain other sticky grenades that have some unreal tracking ability. When used as a trap they would often leave PVP enemies with some health left. I would have been OK with the removal of sticky kills if they buffed the damage so that they could kill a high armour target. I will be interested to see how the swarm grenades work now and if they are actually viable. If not gunslingers are left without any decent grenades. The changes to circle of life are welcome, it was a useless perk and I would only run it in Trials to give me a bit more armour.
  • Bladedancer - Ouch! Those mobility nerfs are nasty. I don't really use this class but when I have the main draw was the mobility it offered. It can be tough to use when blink fails (as it often did for me) but there was a massive payoff. If you could pull it off you could decimate groups of enemies. Backstab massively needed fixing. The amount of times it would proc whilst facing the enemy was ridiculous.
  • Nighstalker - Finally no more shadestep abuse. Personally I would have preferred they remove the invincibility frames mid roll than give it a longer cooldown. But at least now I'm not gonna have people rolling around constantly evey time you get the drop of them.

Anyway I think thats enough for now.

Analyzing the Subclass Changes, by Planet Destiny

In this article, we’ll give you the rundown on which subclass changes we feel were inspired – and which ones leave us scratching our heads.

Tripmines see their damage decreased another 3%, meaning that you are almost certainly never going to get a kill on any Guardian with full health. Previously, it was possible to still one-shot low armor Hunters/Warlocks who neglected to invest in Armor, but it’s highly likely this 3% figure was chosen to make even that impossible. Finally, you can no longer stick a Tripmine to a foe. This change is, frankly, a mistake. The Gunslinger neutral game has historically been weaker than its competition, and Tripmine sticks rewarded a well-timed (and better-aimed) lob with a very satisfying kill. Removing this possibility may work to limit the number of ways you can “one-shot” another Guardian, but the alleviation of this occasional frustration does not make up for the loss of memorable and – honestly – fun moments that Destiny should be trying to encourage. This is to say nothing of the impact in PvE, where encounters often take place in open areas with very few tactical surfaces on which to stick a tripmine. There was something giddy and perfect about stapling a tripmine to a Thrall’s head, just in time to see it wipe out everything around the unlucky enemy.

In a similar vein, the 10% damage reduction to Throwing Knives is equally perplexing. Bungie cites a complaint about dying to a single Throwing Knife with the Incendiary Blade augment – but again, we’re hard-pressed to track down a prevailing sentiment among the community that Incendiary Blade was in any way “broken” to begin with.

The difficulty of landing a headshot with a throwing knife is already prohibitive enough such that increased damage that consumes a perk slot is hardly an unbalanced reward. In PvE, this also might mean more instances in which you’re no longer able to take advantage of Circle of Life’s new functionality, that decreases the cooldown of Golden Gun for every precision knife kill. This is a great perk re-work that will be appealing against trash like charging Thrall or Corrupted Psions.
Of course, if that 10% penalty removes a OHK threshold on a hardier enemy like an on-level Acolyte, then we’ll be left with a change to PvP that negatively impacts PvE – a trend that Bungie should put a little more thought into avoiding. Certainly, a damage increase against AI combatants would be a reasonable offset.

Man, they just ruined the crucible, level -1s who are invisible, people takin 2 damage, it's ridiculous, how can things like this happen, it's literally game breaking and makes crucible even more frustrating than its already been. But HCs are good now, so I guess I'm happy.

FyreWulff

Nevermind about Destiny being cross-gen again. Apparently MS walked it back and said no Scorpio exclusive games will be allowed
for now

Top Bottom