• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Rehsa

Anybody pick up the PDX 45 this week with counter balance, high caliber rounds and snap shot? Thinking about turning my package in. Wanted to know how good it is and if I should consider waiting for a better roll.
I haven't logged in for minute, decided to finally check my armsday packages from months ago and the PDX I picked up before reset was Fitted Stock/CB/Snapshot ,Smallbore. Felt like that one would be alright

Edit: any reason to get a Hacksaw over that? It has 5 less base range but the rest is the same

LL 294, what should I be doing now? Heroic strikes and what else?

Court of oryx, finish up quests. Level up faction, crucible. Your light will keep going up. You would be able to do the normal mode raid. Probably worth watching out for Hawkians raid runs, that will get you some quick levels. Once you are 300+ you can run Hard Mode easy enough.

Nightfall if you haven't done it yet could be useful.

Court of oryx, finish up quests. Level up faction, crucible. Your light will keep going up. You would be able to do the normal mode raid. Probably worth watching out for Hawkians raid runs, that will get you some quick levels. Once you are 300+ you can run Hard Mode easy enough.

Nightfall if you haven't done it yet could be useful.
How do I start court of oryx? And yeah I'll watch out for the Raid Runs but I'm gonna be away this weekend so probably gonna have to wait til next week.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
How do I start court of oryx? And yeah I'll watch out for the Raid Runs but I'm gonna be away this weekend so probably gonna have to wait til next week.
1. Load dreadnaught
2. Go to court of oryx
3. Deposit runes in statues on the left (if you're facing the courts arena, right if you're facing away from the arena).

- Closest statue to the arena is for tier 1 runes
- Second is tier 2 stolen runes
- Third farthest from the arena is tier 3 antiquated runes
- Higher the tiers better the rewards
- Tier 2 need to be charged by tier 1 encounters to be used
- Tier 3 need to be charged by tier 2 encounters to be used - - Tier 3 runes have bosses that are ultras and change at weekly reset.

Do you have any reciprocal/stolen or antiquated runes?

You need to use them on totem like statues that line the walls at the court of oryx area. It's a corridor that leads to an area you drop down in. The floor is poisoned until you activate a rune. To activate a rune you approach the statues on the left side as you face the drop down. The one closest to the drop is tier 1 boss. The one furthest away is tier 3. The higher the tier the harder the boss. Each boss will have a mechanic to damage them. Like killing all ads to drop their shield.

GunnerZ

Which roll?

Counter Balance seems to be the most elusive perk.
I was looking for outlaw or rangefinder, braced frame, and one man army or Grenadier.

I Mainly want this roll for my warlock, Nothing Manacles scatter grenade combination for PvE is loads of fun and this role would make it better.

Dave_6

LOL, I got 3 Grasps and 7 bonds in ~2.5 hours last night :( Drop rates for me have always been mediocre compared to most though.

NeOak

I'm pretty sure the entire Halo CE multiplayer was done by a couple people in an extremely short period of time as well. Keep in mind a lot of the original Halo guys are long gone though.

Jason Jones is still there. He was the one that added that code to Halo CE that made the Pistol so OP, and was the one that pushed people to make the gameplay fun above everything else in Destiny... while also one of the main reasons the original story got scrapped according to the Kotaku article, which made Joe Staten leave Bungie :(

Wow. You make it sound so easy.

Ikr

GunnerZ

Yikes, how long did it take to get that many? I've considered farming a little since we may never get this NF again, but I don't think I have the motivation for it.
I spent 11ish hours so far farming for the role I want. Last night was some real bad luck,
3 hour run and I got 40 or so Omnigul bonds and 9 grasps It was torture.

Deku Tree

Jason Jones is still there. He was the one that added that code to Halo CE that made the Pistol so OP, and was the one that pushed people to make the gameplay fun above everything else in Destiny... while also one of the main reasons the original story got scrapped according to the Kotaku article, which made Joe Staten leave Bungie :(

Oh the mysterious reclusive billionaire Bungie co-founder, who is probably still a majority stakeholder in Bungie, and who is rumored to still do play testing etc.

Arrrammis

Officially no Collectors edition for RoI based on an interview with Deej. Ok then.

Disclaimer: Deej has said some weird stuff on the spot in these interviews, but the interviewer asked for clarification, Deej said again that the only special edition thing is the Iron Gjallarhorn.

Got 7 Grasps (none better than the one I had from before) and 11 Bonds (yay, 335 class item infusion material!).
Destiny's great when you're constantly rewarded while having fun.

Do you have any reciprocal/stolen or antiquated runes?

You need to use them on totem like statues that line the walls at the court of oryx area. It's a corridor that leads to an area you drop down in. The floor is poisoned until you activate a rune. To activate a rune you approach the statues on the left side as you face the drop down. The one closest to the drop is tier 1 boss. The one furthest away is tier 3. The higher the tier the harder the boss. Each boss will have a mechanic to damage them. Like killing all ads to drop their shield.
I think I have a few, don't wanna waste them though so I might just wait for a gaf group sometime. What about CoE, what's that?

Admodieus

There is one, one of the admins can hook you up with an invite most likely. However I don't think it is used much / at all.

Ok, no worries then.

Looking to get back into the swing of things. Anybody down for a King's Fall raid later tonight? I left my guy at 305 so probably would need some help to do Hard mode, but normal would be a breeze. Familiar with both.

I think I have a few, don't wanna waste them though so I might just wait for a gaf group sometime. What about CoE, what's that?
I'd wait till you're in the 310s to do that, otherwise you won't be able to do anything.

But basically it's prison of elders, and if you haven't tried it out yet, there is a lvl 41 version in the reef director to give you an idea of what CoE is.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Ok, no worries then.

Looking to get back into the swing of things. Anybody down for a King's Fall raid later tonight? I left my guy at 305 so probably would need some help to do Hard mode, but normal would be a breeze. Familiar with both.
Inhave still yeto complete kings fall so could i join?
I'd finally be done with my destiny.

Ok, no worries then.

I've never done a raid but I'd be down for it, LL 294 if that's okay.

Hedera

Shame about no CE. Considering going full digital for Y3 then (and own vanilla destiny for a 3rd time, you're welcome Bungie).

Officially no Collectors edition for RoI based on an interview with Deej. Ok then.

Disclaimer: Deej has said some weird stuff on the spot in these interviews, but the interviewer asked for clarification, Deej said again that the only special edition thing is the Iron Gjallarhorn.

Which interview? Earlier in the week he was cage-y about it and saying wait for details on editions.

I got over 40 in two sessions of about two hours each.

edit: 40 not 50

You get a bond or a grasp every 2-3 runs it feels like on average.

LOL, I got 3 Grasps and 7 bonds in ~2.5 hours last night :( Drop rates for me have always been mediocre compared to most though.

I spent 11ish hours so far farming for the role I want. Last night was some real bad luck,
3 hour run and I got 40 or so Omnigul bonds and 9 grasps It was torture.

Hmm interesting, sounds like there's some decent variation in the drop rates. Considering my luck I probably shouldn't bother. Thanks for the info!

Arrrammis

Which interview? Earlier in the week he was cage-y about it and saying wait for details on editions.

One of the twitch E3 streams, I can't remember exactly which. It ended right as I made my post, I think they cut it short once they realized that deej was only saying the same 5 minute speel over and over unless they asked directly point questions.

For the collectors edition, the interviewer asked what we can expect in the Collectors edition, and Deej said that there isn't a collectors edition, and you can get the Iron Gjallarhorn by pre-ordering. Maybe it was just his usual shade-stepping of questions, but phrasing made it sound like there's no collectors edition at all.

I haven't logged in for minute, decided to finally check my armsday packages from months ago and the PDX I picked up before reset was Fitted Stock/CB/Snapshot ,Smallbore. Felt like that one would be alright

Edit: any reason to get a Hacksaw over that? It has 5 less base range but the rest is the same
Just saw your response but I already have the best hawksaw I think you can get.- Perfect balance, counter balance, and reinforced barrel.

Wow. You make it sound so easy.

Well, he was comparing the April update to RoI. Its definitely easier to bring forward old content than it is creating new assets and other related content from scratch.

So yes, comparitively easier. If I make it sound easy its because you pulled my response out of context.

Trakan

Well, he was comparing the April update to RoI. Its definitely easier to bring forward old content than it is creating new assets and other related content from scratch.

So yes, comparitively easier. If I make it sound easy its because you pulled my response out of context.

Well, what I was saying was that the April update was so barebones, full of reskins, and shitty. RoI looks like the opposite which makes me wonder how the live team could be involved with it.

Simbo

Neo Member
Best Grasp so far has OAS, CB, hand laid stock and glass half full.

I can do better tho. Let the farming continue......

So yes, comparatively easier. If I make it sound easy its because you pulled my response out of context.

lol.

Everything is comparatively easier than something else. Phrases like 'tacked on' are pretty clearly an expression of triviality.

edit: TOP OF PAGE and....nothing to see here.

Lee

One of the twitch E3 streams, I can't remember exactly which. It ended right as I made my post, I think they cut it short once they realized that deej was only saying the same 5 minute speel over and over unless they asked directly point questions.

For the collectors edition, the interviewer asked what we can expect in the Collectors edition, and Deej said that there isn't a collectors edition, and you can get the Iron Gjallarhorn by pre-ordering. Maybe it was just his usual shade-stepping of questions, but phrasing made it sound like there's no collectors edition at all.

He can only shade-step one question now before cooldown so it's really slowed down the pace of interviews but Deej was a little too evasive before the patch so it was warranted.

WeTeHa

Got a grasp to drop with ORS, counterbalance, braced frame and feeding frenzy.

What's the difference between ORS and OAS? I think a little range vs. stability, right?

Top Bottom