• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Got a grasp to drop with ORS, counterbalance, braced frame and feeding frenzy.

What's the difference between ORS and OAS? I think a little range vs. stability, right?

You're done farming now. That's one of the ideal rolls.

ORS has 37 Range. OAS has 34 range.

Edit: That would be my god roll except I want PB instead of braced.

WeTeHa

Nice roll!

I was just about to see if anyone is still farming. If you need a third, let me know
I'm off for today, but I may do some more farming tomorrow. Would love the same roll I have with glass half full or third eye. It's a shame you can't get outlaw and counterbalance at the same time. outlaw is sooo good.

OAS gives the biggest stability 'boost' of all the sights.

Hmm.. with braced frame and counterbalance that thing is already ridiculously stable. Maybe the increased range with ORS is actually nice. Looked it up and ORS has 0.3x zoom while OAS has 0.2x.

You kept farming?

Haha no, that one was actually at my postmaster after we stopped :p

You're done farming now. That's one of the ideal rolls.

ORS has 37 Range. OAS has 34 range.

Edit: That would be my god roll except I want PB instead of braced.

Yeah, it's a damn good roll. It's a shame braced frame only gives you 27 shots, though :p

Namikaze1

Finally on the last step of the crucible quest. Took several games just to complete both HC and PR parts while Scout took just four straight games. Mida worked beautifully.

Matty8787

Guys.... I just sold my xbox one which has my destiny on it.

How bad is having to start again if I get it on PS4? Should I use the 25 boost straight away or play the content again?

Hoping to get involved in some stuff with you guys if possible so add me my PSN is Matty_8787

Yeah, it's a damn good roll. It's a shame braced frame only gives you 27 shots, though :p

Nah, it's a god roll. FF pairs perfectly with Braced Frame. You're set. Glass Half Full does like 1 extra damage. The Range on that must be 37 and the Stability has to be what 89 right?

Simbo

Neo Member

Glass half full is a nice perk to pair with braced frame. You reach that extra damage a little bit quicker.

EDIT: Oh...didn't know GHF only does 1 extra damage!

NeOak

How bad is having to start again if I get it on PS4? Should I use the 25 boost straight away or play the content again?

Hoping to get involved in some stuff with you guys if possible so add me my PSN is Matty_8787

Should be easier now due to how the factions give you higher LL gear.

WeTeHa

Nah, it's a god roll. FF pairs perfectly with Braced Frame. You're set. Glass Half Full does like 1 extra damage. The Range on that must be 37 and the Stability has to be what 89 right?

Yep.
lSHjdnW.png

SpecX

Finally on the last step of the crucible quest. Took several games just to complete both HC and PR parts while Scout took just four straight games. Mida worked beautifully.

Hmm, didn't think to use Mida for the Scout part. Going to give it a try tonight!

25 boost doesn't give subclass xp btw

Ok cool still unsure whether I should use the boost to 25 or just run it again.

I'd say use the boost just to make it easier to run all the story missions on Hard. And the sooner you hit Lv40 the sooner you can start get Legendary Marks, equipping Legendaries and Exotics etc. Even without the boost, the real grind is for maxing out subclasses so nothing much changes there (assuming you're talking about the free Lv25 spark of light boost).

And it's relatively easy to level new characters once you know what you're doing. I leveled 3 characters from TDB (lv34, 140 light) in a couple weeks, a few people here have recently switched consoles and been able to level very quickly. The new "smart light" and 1:1 infusion from the April update make it very easy.

WeTeHa

You know when Drizz used your sniper on that run and was like..."WeTeha pls"

WETEHA PLS lol

/ban WeTeHa

You guys have to do some farming :p

1 nightstalker + 2 golden gun makes farming omnigul extremely easy.
Nightstalker uses bad juju to get his super back on all the thralls/knights
golden gun uses celestial nighthawk. 2x nighthawk shots = insta kill
run max intellect on all for some juicy orbs (tranceTM)
Also equip raze lighter and a solar shotgun incase someone misses/you don't have your super.

Excerpt from my vault after 2 farming sessions with kadey/psipher and tyler/burke (I only saved good rolls or 335's for infusion).

SpecX

I'd say use the boost just to make it easier to run all the story missions on Hard. And the sooner you hit Lv40 the sooner you can start get Legendary Marks, equipping Legendaries and Exotics etc. Even without the boost, the real grind is for maxing out subclasses so nothing much changes there (assuming you're talking about the free Lv25 spark of light boost).

And it's relatively easy to level new characters once you know what you're doing. I leveled 3 characters from TDB (lv34, 140 light) in a couple weeks, a few people here have recently switched consoles and been able to level very quickly. The new "smart light" and 1:1 infusion from the April update make it very easy.

That's actually a great tip I didn't even think of. I told a friend recently getting into Destiny to ignore the spark and just play through to level up normal and rank up the subclasses. I didn't think about using the spark to boost the level and run every mission on hard mode for the extra experience.

I'm happy to see life brought back to this place, multiple pages in a single day worth of conversations!

Dave_6

You guys have to do some farming :p

1 nightstalker + 2 golden gun makes farming omnigul extremely easy.
Nightstalker uses bad juju to get his super back on all the thralls/knights
golden gun uses celestial nighthawk. 2x nighthawk shots = insta kill
run max intellect on all for some juicy orbs (tranceTM)
Also equip raze lighter and a solar shotgun incase someone misses/you don't have your super.

Excerpt from my vault after 2 farming sessions with kadey/psipher and tyler/burke (I only saved good rolls or 335's for infusion).

WTF, how long did you farm to get all those? Almost 3 hours last night and I had only three drop. Damn.

WeTeHa

WTF, how long did you farm to get all those? Almost 3 hours last night and I had only three drop. Damn.

I'd say 6-7 hours total. 4 hours with 2GG+tether and the rest was with 2 nightstalker and hammer titan I think.

2GG+tether is the absolute best choice to maximize your kills/hour. You don't need to pop synths and she dies with 2 shots. When you only get 3 drops in 3 hours you either take too long to kill her or RNGesus screwed you :p

Farming with Kean and Tyler. They got grasps and I've got nothing but omnigul bonds

You weren't a Warlock were you? Just wondering if 'locks have higher bond drop rates or not.

That's actually a great tip I didn't even think of. I told a friend recently getting into Destiny to ignore the spark and just play through to level up normal and rank up the subclasses. I didn't think about using the spark to boost the level and run every mission on hard mode for the extra experience.

I'm happy to see life brought back to this place, multiple pages in a single day worth of conversations!

Yep, exactly. Hard story missions are a great source of XP, but you only get one chance per mission. Especially with nerfed Year 2 bounty XP, it's much more critical for maxing subclasses than the actual character level progression. I'm not positive, but I think maxing all three subclasses requires ~1.5 million XP whereas you only need to hit Lv40 once.

Jafku

You weren't a Warlock were you? Just wondering if 'locks have higher bond drop rates or not.

Yep, exactly. Hard story missions are a great source of XP, but you only get one chance per mission. Especially with nerfed Year 2 bounty XP, it's much more critical for maxing subclasses than the actual character level progression. I'm not positive, but I think maxing all three subclasses requires ~1.5 million XP whereas you only need to hit Lv40 once.

No i'm a nightstalker hunter. I've gotten at least 10 omnigul bonds so far

Top Bottom