• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I've been out of the game for a bit but looking to get back in for ROI. Is it possible to do the nightfall at 310 or are you at a big disadvantage?

- I've been playing for two weeks or so, so not rusty either...
With two other high level and solid teammates, you should be just fine, although you yourself are gonna wanna play careful and safe.

ocean

Banned
I do not get the appeal of Control at all.
It has a sense of flow. Compared to Clash, enemies are more prone to move together. Since there's an objective, even if it's often ignored, you have a good way of predicting where action is moving to.

Spawn Rusted Lands, A side. Your team caps A while the enemy caps C but you'll usually be a little later to B than they are. By the time you peak around the left you know there will be some kid hardscoping from back B special or a few guys who rushed capping. Chuck a nade and kill some; good chance of having a cap flip and gaining C / losing A early on.

Whatever. It just makes for predictable movement patterns basically, which I like. Of course it's frustrating when your teammates are idiots and don't contest B or try to keep the wrong cap point on lopsided maps but tbh bad teammates ruin any mode.

Also, clash tends to lead to more camping because people don't have as much of an incentive to move around the map, whereas in control the three flags keep you on the move because the enemy will try and do interesting tactics to try and cap the flag. I think control has a better mentality as well. It's more "defend this point and kill anyone who tries to take it" whereas clash is just "KILL, KILL, KILL!!!" for a lot of people.

zewone

It has a sense of flow. Compared to Clash, enemies are more prone to move together. Since there's an objective, even if it's often ignored, you have a good way of predicting where action is moving to.

Spawn Rusted Lands, A side. Your team caps A while the enemy caps C but you'll usually be a little later to B than they are. By the time you peak around the left you know there will be some kid hardscoping from back B special or a few guys who rushed capping. Chuck a nade and kill some; good chance of having a cap flip and gaining C / losing A early on.

Whatever. It just makes for predictable movement patterns basically, which I like. Of course it's frustrating when your teammates are idiots and don't contest B or try to keep the wrong cap point on lopsided maps but tbh bad teammates ruin any mode.

It feels like people who want to just hang back and pad their K/D ratio like this map so they know where to snipe or hold down choke points.

I on the other hand want to win first and foremost which means getting myself killed trying to get capture points or having to go down these choke points just to get auto aim bot sniped.

I can't stand it.

And the matches take way too long.

shermas

Also, clash tends to lead to more camping because people don't have as much of an incentive to move around the map, whereas in control the three flags keep you on the move because the enemy will try and do interesting tactics to try and cap the flag. I think control has a better mentality as well. It's more "defend this point and kill anyone who tries to take it" whereas clash is just "KILL, KILL, KILL!!!" for a lot of people.

I like the flow of control... Worst part is when your team comfortably has A (or C) and B on lockdown, then a hero goes to cap the last one... Someone screws up, spawns flip, chaos ensues. During regular crucible, I don't care. During IB, it's a bit of a pisser.

My son uses my account, too, and he can't stand control.

shermas

It feels like people who want to just hang back and pad their K/D ratio like this map so they know where to snipe or hold down choke points.

I on the other hand want to win first and foremost which means getting myself killed trying to get capture points or having to go down these choke points just to get auto aim bot sniped.

I can't stand it.

And the matches take way too long.

I think this is why I like it... I'll rush control points, get rekt while I try to maintain a spot (or wipe out their half captured flag) or wipe out an entire cluster of people trying to capture a point. I don't worry about the K/D in the mode, just try to capture two points, hold those two and get points.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Clash is way more campy than control by far. That's why it's called control. You have to know how to control and dicate the match. Every map has two points you have to concentrate and defend/take. I use to hate control but clash is a bore fest now.

Good games everyone.

Let's go Lebron. Win it for Kean and his bum ass.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What I do notice is some hits takes long to register or not at all. Looking at the bars and it's all green. Something weird is going on. Didn't run into an invis enemy so that's good.

New shirts came in today:

ClC__yoUYAg86Ob.jpg

ClDAA59VEAAYu3L.jpg

I played a little bit of pvp today to test out some things. Blade felt good. Recovery sucks. Hand cannons now feel awesome again, yay. I'd lose a lot of doctrine and mida battles with my eyesLuna so I switched to TLW and that felt great.

I still used blink. I changed the 1St stats node to give some recovery over armor.

shermas

I refuse to finish the exotic sword quest.

Also fuck the crucible quest line.

I'm on Xbox, no clan, random matchmaking and I finished up the Crucible quest line earlier this year. You can do it across all your characters, so you're able to knock out parts of it if across each toon, as long as you pick up all the quest steps from Shaxx. It's a slog, but the weekly rewards, for me, have been much better than the NF. I get 335 drops and I've had a couple exotics. The 'win 7 matches' each week is the worst part bc I don't play with a team.

I can't defend the exotic sword quests. The mat grind on those was an abomination.

I'm trying to clear out my quest log too so I'm doing some of the side quests and pretty much all of them are garbage, especially in comparison to other games. The only thing that compels me to complete them is OCD. I should just stick to doing strikes and crucible now.

To think of doing them each two more times on my alternate characters is gonna give me nightmares.

I refuse to finish the exotic sword quest.

Also fuck the crucible quest line.

I heard about the grinding you have to do for the sword quest

And I was like, 'Nah I'll live'.

And I saw the convoluted grinding for the crucible quest line(Before they changed the requirements), and I was like 'nope'. And after they changed it, I was still like 'Nah I don't care enough for an extra kinda nightfall reward'.

Rise of Iron interview tomorrow. Let me know if you guys have any (good) questions.

Will the Thorn be updated

Uhhhhh Is there a Horde mode

Uhhhhhhh that's about it.

NeOak

Rise of Iron interview tomorrow. Let me know if you guys have any (good) questions.

Vault space increase for PS4/XBO?

Crossplatform play between PSN and Xbox Live on PS4/XBO?

Will they put up the vanilla Destiny in the store for those of use who want to get rid of the disc and already have all the DLC?

When are the necessary Stormcaller nerfs incoming?

Will the Gjally be buffed from the pitiful Y1 version after the nerf?

Will Festival of lost, SRL and Crimson days return in Y3? If so will they be the same as Y2 or can we expect some improvements to them, such as more SRL tracks, additional 2 player modes (2v2v2 would be awesome).

When will uncalled for nerfs stop happening? Some of the recent nerfs in the weapon and subclass updates have left many parts of the community scratching their head and it is starting to become more apparent thant Bungie are making these decisions based upon usage stats more than anything.

Will RoI have more hidden exotic quests? (black spindle, NTTE, sleeper simulant style)

Will there be any new PVP modes?

How many new crucible maps can we expect?

Waldini

So ... BunDeeJ was at E3 and ... gave no new information whatsoever? That's great.

Used the Hunter yesterday.

Shadestep nerf was not needed. Tripmine nerf was not needed. Jesus Bungie. We've had the exact same grenade for 2 years. Nothing was wrong with it as far as I can tell? You can't help people being attracted by the red-light and exploding shortly after ...

SnakeEyes

Banned
The rule is, once a god roll is acquired, a picture of said god roll must be posted.
I'm still farming, but shall post when I'm done. Needless to say:
- Red Dot OAS
- Glass Half Full
- Braced Frame
- Headseeker

For those of us waiting to pre-order, will there be any Collectors Edition goodies similar to when TTK was released....or it is safe to pre-order now? :p
This. I'm waiting for the announcement of a physical CE before I preorder. Better to know now, rather than later.

If they're opening up the Cosmodrone, will they open up the closed areas at the Lighthouse?
PKoUlut.png

Will I ever make it to the Lighthouse in Y3?
PKoUlut.png

Will we finally defeat Frieza in Y3?
PKoUlut.png

Or will we have to find out next year at E3?
PKoUlut.png

noomi

Speaking of lighthouse.... if I don't get there before RoI I won't ever have a chance to get that flawless emblem will I?

I have the 1st and 2nd lighthouse emblems.... need #3 now :p

New stair-walking animations confirmed. MEGATON! (/s)
https://youtu.be/FtsAEX7i3JE

Actually, the new environment effects sound pretty cool. They should have dropped last-gen a long time ago.

tl/dw:
  • last gen drop improves graphics, environment size, animation quality and UI improvements
  • sparrow in the Plaguelands
  • Vault Space seems to be a problem of the past
  • SIVA is also called Ironsbane
  • Old Russia has gotten a frozen overhaul
  • New vendors/characters in Felwinter's Peak, Saladin's there, too
  • Infusion system stays
  • Iron Temple in Felwinter's Peak is end-game => rituals
  • no collectors edition
  • playstation exclusives continue to exist similar to what we saw in the past

Actually, the new environment effects sound pretty cool. They should have dropped last-gen a long time ago.

tl/dw:
  • last gen drop improves graphics, environment size, animation quality and UI improvements
  • Infusion system stays
  • no collectors edition

Hype! I have so many videos to catch up on. Still not watched the reveal stream.

We had a 4 man PvP train going last night. Some highlights:

1. Lnkn joining late and getting put on the other team. DGAF v DGAF.
  2. The Lord High Fixer putting in some serious work. I would love one with Rangefinder, Rifled, LiTC
  3. We had a super sweaty match with the 4 of us vs a team of 5 in Rift. The game refused to give us another teammate until the very end and then he left anyways right before we won.
  4. Lnkn was working on the Mountain Top but because Frenden and I are try hards he kept getting all the assists
  5. Grasps everywhere!

Top of Page Edit:

Make Sunsingers Great Again! Kappa.

Skele7on

Banned

tl/dw:
  • Infusion system stays
    [*]no collectors edition

This makes me sad. Overall happy with the changes and what is to come.

Been out of the game a while. What is the obsession with grasp? Is it a super pvp weapon or ace for pve too?

It's pretty decent all round to be honest, super fast fire rate and bit of a face melter.

Top Bottom