• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

WipedOut

No Weteha Grasp God Rolls for me last night, Probably had about 20 Grasps drop and only 1 was slightly Ok, Red Dot, CB, PB and Army of one. Did get about 15 Bonds to Drop last night which resulted in this.

ey_J1cmwi_Oi_Jod_HRwczov_L2_Rpc2_Nvcm_Quc3_Rvcm_Fn_ZS5nb29n.jpg

It used to be so hard to get class items at Max LL, now it's just raining them.

E92 M3

I refuse to finish the exotic sword quest.

Also fuck the crucible quest line.

Crucible quest hasn't gotten considerably easier. Just requires a little play.

Rise of Iron interview tomorrow. Let me know if you guys have any (good) questions.

If you are interviewing Chris, please ask him to describe their overall philosophy for weapon design. Can they double down on making PVE weapons feel powerful?

New stair-walking animations confirmed. MEGATON! (/s)
https://youtu.be/FtsAEX7i3JE

Actually, the new environment effects sound pretty cool. They should have dropped last-gen a long time ago.

tl/dw:
  • last gen drop improves graphics, environment size, animation quality and UI improvements
  • sparrow in the Plaguelands
  • Vault Space seems to be a problem of the past
  • SIVA is also called Ironsbane
  • Old Russia has gotten a frozen overhaul
  • New vendors/characters in Felwinter's Peak, Saladin's there, too
  • Infusion system stays
  • Iron Temple in Felwinter's Peak is end-game => rituals
  • no collectors edition
  • playstation exclusives continue to exist similar to what we saw in the past

Really excited about the Cosmodrome being filled with snow. That's the most informative interview yet.

phen0m24

Rise of Iron interview tomorrow. Let me know if you guys have any (good) questions.

Boring real questions

Will there be additional QoL changes more frequently now that the game is PS4/XB1-exclusive?

Now that there appear to be pve-specific buffs to subclasses, will future Destiny content (using only current gen consoles) allow for separate balancing of weapons in pvp and pve? (Basically was that a limitation of the old hardware)

Questions which may or may not be from Cayde-6

Who thought tripmines were op and needed to be nerfed into the ground? Call out the scoundrel that we might name this patch in his dishonor.
Is that person against the idea of fun? ( sticky tripmine kills are the most fun possible in pvp)

While we understand the idea of necessary balance, is there actually someone at Bungie (probably a warlock wearing a referee costume) declaring that "No Fun" be had? Because sometimes changes (like the ones to already weak trip mines) seem flat out counterintuitive (when we all knew Firebolt and Viking Funeral were the real problem).

Does Bungie hate hunters? Is this Deej's doing? Can we have a Hunter/Titan only PvP mode just to spite those long armed open handed op shielded "Stop in the name of Love" melee users (who know who they are)?

If a tripmine can be affixed to a horizontal or vertical surface, say for example a wall made of metal or floor made of concrete, why pray tell can it not stick to body armor, or a warlock's bathrobe or sundress? If a tripmine is indeed intended to be an anti-personnel trap*, why can it not ultimately be affixed to personnel who can then function as said trap?

*Please note Claymore mines also have this function, which have neither large glowy laser beams nor ridiculous future space cat meow noises warning unsuspecting trap-ees of its presence.

noomi

My Wishlist / Future Content Updates / Destiny 2 Hopes & Dreams

- In-game LFG System
- Better Clan/Guild Support
- Transmogrification
- Dynamic Weather Effects (rain, snow, fog...etc)
- 60FPS!!!
- Raid Armor/Raid Weapon Vendors
- Weapon/Sparrow Shaders
- Space Travel/Combat
- World PVP Zones/Areas
- New Weapon Types (Nade Launcher, Railgun...?)
- More people per social space/world zones
- Remappable arrow keys (ammo synth!)

Also would be nice if I completed story missions/unlocked raids or content it would be across all my guys. It sucks having to do everything 3 times :/

Mindlog

My wishlist for Destiny 2:
-A strong and clear vision for the game. Do you want our weapons to be unique or all the same? Ditto classes. The utter lack of cohesion underpins everything about the game.
-Less loot. The pointless filler isn't doing anything for anyone. Most players aim for the outliers anyway.

How does the team reconcile wanting the guardians to covet certain weapons with the constant fuckery of said weapons?
Will the expansion introduce more trash weapons that will be ignored by everybody?
Will the expansion introduce more perks that will disappoint everybody?
Will the raid rewards be limited to infusion fuel?
Why continue with infusion when etheric light was vastly superior?
Why are stat roll tiers obfuscated to the point of needing third party tools to decipher?

This is awkward. Hrm.
"What guided the decision for the raid entrance to once again be in a public area?" (I liked that about VoG.)
"Just how awesome is Rise of Iron?"

I think I might have been Ghaleon'd. I agree with nerfs and buffs as efficient tools for balance, but I have problems with the philosophy in play. Doesn't help that the most activity this thread has seen in weeks is grinding an instance for a Pulse Rifle drop that you know will now be nerfed because of its popularity. Counterbalance will also be nerfed again for undermining weapon 'personality.'

Meanwhile, Blizzard has clear roadmap to the future with content updates and balance changes all while incorporating fan feedback. Wish I was even slightly interested in that game.

SonComet

My question is regarding weapon balance. I understand adjusting damage values to bring time to kill in line with their desired PVP pacing. But what I don't understand is making weapons feel terrible to use (i.e., hand cannon accuracy, counterbalance nerf, and snapshot nerfs). A good player is going to absolutely wreck an average one regardless. But weapons that feel good to fire (no insane recoil patterns) just make the game more fun for everyone. Will fun weapons be coming back with the new expansion that feel good to use like in year one? Also, do they still feel that weapons should have "seasons"? Or will they start balancing weapons based on real stats versus popularity?

This is the one I got last night. Not farming anymore as I don't see me getting one any better.

This is a very good roll. You COULD get a better scope( up to 37 Base Range with no penalty) and Braced for 89 Stability.

I have this exact roll except with ORS which is 34 Range. It's great!

I am still farming this week for CB + Braced + FF. That's my ideal God Roll. I want to know if perfect laser is better than some recoil. My favorite Hawksaw doesn't have CB and it helps lead targets better.

I abandoned the Crucible quest line quite some time ago and now I can't seem to get it back at the the quest vendor.

I need to complete the Crucible quest line to be eligible for the Year 2 feats rewards (rumored), but I'm not sure how to get the quest back at this point.

I abandoned the Crucible quest line quite some time ago and now I can't seem to get it back at the the quest vendor.

I need to complete the Crucible quest line to be eligible for the Year 2 feats rewards (rumored), but I'm not sure how to get the quest back at this point.

Run it on another character?

With the overall success of the Raid Challenge Modes, do you see your team implementing them in VoG and Crota? Maybe providing Y2 light level Raid gear from the previous Raids would allow veteran players to go back to the old raids.

With the overall success of the Raid Challenge Modes, do you see your team implementing them in VoG and Crota? Maybe providing Y2 light level Raid gear from the previous Raids would allow veteran players to go back to the old raids.
They would only allow that if their feelings on elemental primary weapons have changed.

Wait, I just assumed they updated the Raids. As a new player there's no reason to go through any of them outside of King's Fall? That's disappointing.

Arrrammis

Wait, I just assumed they updated the Raids. As a new player there's no reason to go through any of them outside of King's Fall? That's disappointing.

No reason for gear, but they still give you ships, shaders, and sparrows. Plus, VoG is still by far the best content in the game IMO (might be nostalgia), with interesting mechanics, incredible arenas, and crazy bosses. On the up side, it's content you can do to get a taste for raids if you're not high enough level to go through King's Fall.

Both VoG and Crota are worth doing just for the experience. They each have their own mechanics are are interesting in their own right. Crota was a bit disappointing but it's ridiculously easy now and you can Solo it if you struggle to get a group. Even with a group it will take 30 mins tops and it is probably the easiest way to get the flawless raider trophy.

I am hoping to finish up my Year Two Triumphs with an Oryx HM challenge mode kill.

Anyone else interested? I'll be home in about 2.5 hours (11:30 PST).

1. darkistheway

If anyone has an Oryx checkpoint, that would help out immensely :)

Top Bottom