• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

SonComet

So do you guys still think the doctrine/Arminius archetype was destroyed? I only used it for a week before the latest nerf, and it still felt alright to me last night. It is harder to control at range, but nothing too crazy. I'm not sure if it can compete with a grasp. But my only experience versus that was against nKuch, and he would destroy me with any gun.

sajj316

Wife is being a b today, but fuck it sign me up. At least this way if she kills me, there will be 5 witnesses :)

Boom! We'll make sure to pop a blessings of light before she comes in :)

Rusty Raiders - Round 2 - "A little less rusty"
When: Tonight @ 10:30 PM EST
What: HM KF Raid w/ Challenge

1. sajj316
2. Dez_
3. desgrafx
4. rayuma
5. ch4fx_
6. SpecX

team is full and ready to go. If ch4fx_ is stuck at work, I'll look for a 6th man (or woman)

Would need to be ORES scope to be the commonly accepted God roll (unless you're Ape.)

ORS is the best scope and the scope that Kadey and Weteha's God Rolls have. It gives you the maximum range with no penalty to other stats. OES is the second best scope you can get, but you loose an additional 4 range.

Alright posting my rolls on grasp to see which is better.

OAS
Headseeker
Injection Mold
Last resort

ORS
Counterbalance
Braced frame
Last resort

ORES
Counterbalance
Fitter stock
Glass halfull

So which is the best in order?

Where's the best place to farm Taken champions on Mars? Finished Venus and Earth but can't find a popular place for Mars
The quest info should tell you the areas that taken spawn in if you haven't seen that yet. If you have, I found that they spawn in the Scablands a lot. It's the area to the right of where you spawn in patrol.

Where's the best place to farm Taken champions on Mars? Finished Venus and Earth but can't find a popular place for Mars

I like the spot right where patrol starts. The taken lieuntenants will spawn down where the Cabal - Vex battle is happening; the Champion will often spawn up the hill where the patrol starts. Often other people there.

NeOak

ORS is the best scope and the scope that Kadey and Weteha's God Rolls have. It gives you the maximum range with no penalty to other stats. OES is the second best scope you can get, but you loose an additional 4 range.

I got one with ORS1, CB, Fitted Stock and Third Eye.

So do you guys still think the doctrine/Arminius archetype was destroyed? I only used it for a week before the latest nerf, and it still felt alright to me last night. It is harder to control at range, but nothing too crazy. I'm not sure if it can compete with a grasp. But my only experience versus that was against nKuch, and he would destroy me with any gun.

Can't comment on Arminus since I didn't try it but tried my CB Doctorine and didn't notice too much of a difference. The kick is a little bit more to control but I was even picking off guys from distance. It's still a beast up close to medium range.

zewone

No.

This community makes huge deals about the smallest of nerfs and claims the sky is falling.

The Doctrine archetype was clearly broken. It was head and shoulders above the rest.

Even in it's toned downed state it's still the best, just a little less bullshit.

SoulClap

Thanks for the responses. In regards to ORS vs OES, from what I can see, ORS has slightly higher range and slightly lower stability.

Frenden

Banned
No.

This community makes huge deals about the smallest of nerfs and claims the sky is falling.

The Doctrine archetype was clearly broken. It was head and shoulders above the rest.

Even in it's toned downed state it's still the best, just a little less bullshit.

Damage at mid range went from about 16 to 11 for crits. It's dead. And it wasn't bullshit before. It took a skilled hand to handle the recoil at range and get those "bullshit" kills.

Try using it against a good HC, Grasp, or even MIDA now--good luck. Reddit complained, got it nerfed, and now we have one less viable primary option, period.

Plus, the doctrine archetype was only good if you had a perfect roll, so you didn't see too many of them floating around. Even before the nerf, there were still a few weapons that could compete with it. Now, those few weapons will just destroy it, like hawksaw or Mida.

Plus, the doctrine archetype was only good if you had a perfect roll, so you didn't see too many of them floating around. Even before the nerf, there were still a few weapons that could compete with it. Now, those few weapons will just destroy it, like hawksaw or Mida.

The doctrine was good regardless of roll. It's just counter balance was amazing

zewone

Damage at mid range went from about 16 to 11 for crits. It's dead. And it wasn't bullshit before. It took a skilled hand to handle the recoil at range and get those "bullshit" kills.

Try using it against a good HC, Grasp, or even MIDA now--good luck. Reddit complained, got it nerfed, and now we have one less viable primary option, period.

It was capable of killing faster than any weapon in close, mid, and even far range it would beat out MIDA.

It doesn't take a skilled handle to control when the recoil with Counter Balance is non-existent.

I used my Soulstealer's Claw yesterday and had no issues with it being competitive.

This is the kind of talk I'm referring to where people get it in their heads and put out the narrative that a gun is useless unless it's not God-tier or broken good.

Please tell me a better AR than the Doctrine archetype currently.

lol, wut?

Counterbalance was one of the only 4 rolls the gun could get and even without it, it was still the best.

I should rephrase what I said. It was only God like with the perfect roll, with the other rolls it was good, but a lot harder to control.

Edit: just because the doctrine archetype is the best AR, doesn't mean other weapons can't beat it.
Without an accuracy perk, that archetype is hard to control. All they had to do was remove CB or persistence from doctrine and it probably would've been fine.

How do I go about finding out the aim assist values of scopes? When I look at all of my grasps, in destiny item manager, the aim assist values are based on...what? which scope does that figure take into account?

I don't want to have to level a few of them up to see which really has the better AA.

SonComet

Did they stealth patch the damage fall off? I can't say I ever noticed 16 at mid-range. Maybe my definition of mid-range is different, but I was seeing 13 damage from the same distances I think I used to see 14.

sajj316

Can I join? LL 333 Hunter, or 331 Titan. 330(ish) ToM, 334 Spindle. Can't hold gaze, can't run relic, CAN (& will) shoot things.

You're useless ... but so am I :p

I think we'll have opportunities to try holding gaze, brand, relic, etc. It's no pressure and an opportunity to get better.

NeOak

Can I join? LL 333 Hunter, or 331 Titan. 330(ish) ToM, 334 Spindle. Can't hold gaze, can't run relic, CAN (& will) shoot things.

go ahead and factor me into this equation. if im gonna get stuck at work tonight, I'll definitely give you enough time to replace me. otherwise, looking forward to running with you dudes!

You're useless ... but so am I :p

I think we'll have opportunities to try holding gaze, brand, relic, etc. It's no pressure and an opportunity to get better.

You can't hold gaze nor run the relic?

RIP challenge modes.

Golguie CM: Everyone holds gaze.
Daughters: Brand is RNG, so you may get stuck with it. One of the two or three times.

Shooting things doesn't count in as an "ability" in KFHM. Everyone must know what they are doing. So be prepared to learn.

Good luck!

Dez_

Anyone tried using a grasp with hand laid stock? Those were the most common stability drops I received the other night. Was wondering if you would really notice the decrease in range.

Kalamari

Awesome, thanks!

So looking at my grasps, I have one that has:

-truesight IS (+5 stability, +5 aim assist, +8 reload, +8 handling)

-counterbalance

- perfect balance

- third eye

Short of getting a red dot sight that has slightly better stability stats, this seems as close as I am going to get to a god roll.

Stability on DIM shows up as 59, AA at 82

Hey, wanna farm grasps?

NeOak

Anyone tried using a grasp with hand laid stock? Those were the most common stability drops I received the other night. Was wondering if you would really notice the decrease in range.

You will notice it at medium range :(

Best advice is to give it a try.

As long as you are prepared for people to leave occasionally. I've found that once I get 2 teammates who stick around I can normally get a good run of strikes from them.

As always it's best to play with gaffers
Yeah I just tried and it went miserably, oh well I'll stick to gaffers.

sajj316

You can't hold gaze nor run the relic?

RIP challenge modes.

Golguie CM: Everyone holds gaze.
Daughters: Brand is RNG, so you may get stuck with it. One of the two or three times.

Shooting things doesn't count in as an "ability" in KFHM. Everyone must know what they are doing. So be prepared to learn.

Good luck!

Holding gaze and running relic are probably the easiest parts in those encounters. Hardly anything has a chance to kill you.

:)

We've all done it before but it's been awhile ... and got to Oryx last week

Brand - patience and watching your counters
Gaze - Shoot purple ball things
Relic - Mario platform jumping .. don't fall

Top Bottom