• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Damage at mid range went from about 16 to 11 for crits. It's dead. And it wasn't bullshit before. It took a skilled hand to handle the recoil at range and get those "bullshit" kills.

Try using it against a good HC, Grasp, or even MIDA now--good luck. Reddit complained, got it nerfed, and now we have one less viable primary option, period.

I'm in the same boat as you Frenden. I always felt like the Doctrine required a skilled hand to use. In my experience, it was never easy to control, even with Counter Balance. I still had to learn to control it to be successful. Just because it's a bullet hose doesn't meant it's not a gun that requires some skill. Unlike OG Suros, the Doctrine, wasn't an immediate point, pull the trigger, and win gun.

I understand the frustration people had with it, but you could still out play it with range, movement, and better shooting.

The first nerf was needed. The second was a mistake. If anything, they should have nerfed the range but kept the damage. The Doctrine is now just the tickle gun and way more situational/map dependent.

Honestly, it was a fun gun to use and that's what hurts the most.

I also don't want to discredit anyone's opinions on the Doctrine, so please take my comments with a grain of salt :)

Damn it. Amanda is selling a rare ship. This hardly ever happens. I check my ship collection. Yep I already have it. Hurry up and sell the few remaining ones I need!

These things are so rare they make the space ferrari seem like everyone has it

Deku Tree

Damn it. Amanda is selling a rare ship. This hardly ever happens. I check my ship collection. Yep I already have it. Hurry up and sell the few remaining ones I need!

Which ship is she selling?

kadab

Whats the name of the rare ship

NeOak

I also don't want to discredit anyone's opinions on the Doctrine, so please take my comments with a grain of salt :)

Here is a picture of that "grain" of salt

morton-popcorn-salt-3-250x427.png

It's nice to not care about rare ships in the game :p

zewone

I like getting exotics from quests. I liked the taken king split of quest exotics and rng drops.

With the addition of Three of Coins, exotic quests, and the additional opportunities to get exotics, they are no longer rare.

They might as well just put all the exotics in a store for sale with marks.

It's nice to not care about rare ships in the game :p

Initially I didn't. Then I collected all vendor emblems and shaders. I have all vendor sparrows and working on the rng ones. Just need all vendor ships. What can I say, I've become a destiny hoarder.

NeOak

Initially I didn't. Then I collected all vendor emblems and shaders. I have all vendor sparrows and working on the rng ones. Just need all vendor ships. What can I say, I've become a destiny hoarder.

RIP

Having the Chasing Infinity made me not care about ships.

But I do understand about shaders lol.

I'm in the same boat as you Frenden. I always felt like the Doctrine required a skilled hand to use. In my experience, it was never easy to control, even with Counter Balance. I still had to learn to control it to be successful. Just because it's a bullet hose doesn't meant it's not a gun that requires some skill. Unlike OG Suros, the Doctrine, wasn't an immediate point, pull the trigger, and win gun.

I understand the frustration people had with it, but you could still out play it with range, movement, and better shooting.

The first nerf was needed. The second was a mistake. If anything, they should have nerfed the range but kept the damage. The Doctrine is now just the tickle gun and way more situational/map dependent.

Honestly, it was a fun gun to use and that's what hurts the most.

As an average PVPer, all I can say is Doctrine did not make me a god in the crucible. The Doctrine worked for a certain play style but was not suited to every situation.

The nerf killed it and was completely unwarranted.

Arrrammis

Guess I never noticed after all this time there are elemental burns in Vanguard Strikes.

They stealth added them in the patch on Tuesday, as well as adding the ability to see who is in an activity (hover your cursor over the people icon next to the activity). It's great, not sure why they didn't mention it in the patch notes.

zewone

As an average PVPer, all I can say is Doctrine did not make me a god in the crucible. The Doctrine worked for a certain play style but was not suited to every situation.

The nerf killed it and was completely unwarranted.

I don't think there's any gun that would an average player a god in crucible.

But if you play Trials enough, there's very little diversity in load outs.

Off the top of my head the four highest guns would have to be:

1. Doctrine w/ CB (easy roll to get)
2. Hawksaw w/ CB (vendor sells it)
3. MIDA
4. The Last Word

There's a reason it's probably the most used weapon in Trials.

The gun had a extremely fast TTK and was dangerous in ranges it should not have been.

I would have been fine with them lowering just the range, but even with it's damage nerf, I'd say it's top tier. I've yet to hear any examples of a better auto rifle archetype from anyone with any evidence.

I don't think there's any gun that would an average player a god in crucible.

But if you play Trials enough, there's very little diversity in load outs.

Off the top of my head the four highest guns would have to be:

1. Doctrine w/ CB (easy roll to get)
2. Hawksaw w/ CB (vendor sells it)
3. MIDA
4. The Last Word

There's a reason it's probably the most used weapon in Trials.

The gun had a extremely fast TTK and was dangerous in ranges it should not have been.

I would have been fine with them lowering just the range, but even with it's damage nerf, I'd say it's top tier. I've yet to hear any examples of a better auto rifle archetype from anyone with any evidence.
Why does Trials loadout diversity matter? It will always be focused on a few guns like Hacksaw because that is the nature of a more competitive mode.

The Crucible should be about having fun. Nerfs aren't fun; I would rather see the other archetypes get buffed. A TTK too far above 1 sec is tedious (imo).

Why does Trials loadout diversity matter? It will always be focused on a few guns like Hacksaw because that is the nature of a more competitive mode.

The Crucible should be about having fun. Nerfs aren't fun; I would rather see the other archetypes get buffed. A TTK too far above 1 sec is tedious (imo).
Exactly, they nerfed the doctrine archetype when they should have buffed the other AR archetypes. I agree with Ape and Frenden, doctrine took a decent amount of skill to use and if you were good with it, it wasn't because of the weapon, it was the player.

zewone

Because Trials is the most competitive portion of the Crucible in Destiny, people are going to use the best/most broken weapons in the game.

The most overpowered gun will see the most usage here.

The Doctrine was overpowered and it got a nerf to try and balance it.

If you want things to be fun, there's someone out there like me who is looking for the game to be fair or balanced as it can be.

1 sec time to kill might as well make every gun a one shot kill.

shermas

Better looking than airplane head in my opinion.

Qfmn3hN.jpg

NO chance. I get a little vomit in my throat when I see that darkblade helm.

On a side note, I farmed Omni for about an hour this morning (three hunters) and it was fun. I had more fun doing that than CoE.

Thats because all auto rifles suck now lol (competitively speaking).

Because Trials is the most competitive portion of the Crucible in Destiny, people are going to use the best/most broken weapons in the game.

The most overpowered gun will see the most usage here.

The Doctrine was overpowered and it got a nerf to try and balance it.

If you want things to be fun, there's someone out there like me who is looking for the game to be fair or balanced as it can be.

1 sec time to kill might as well make every gun a one shot kill.

I want fair and balanced as well. But I don't want it achieved by nerfing every fun gun that comes up. And that's what Bungie's M.O. has been. It's not as though Doctrine was an OG Suros or Vex.

shermas

Welcome to the great LFG/matchmaking debate.

You better do all 3 raids btw

Most of the randos you'll find in strikes are fine. I've run countless strikes and almost never come across an AFK'er. A while back, if someone dropped out, Bungie wouldn't bring in a sub, but it's better now....very few two man runs these days.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Most of the randos you'll find in strikes are fine. I've run countless strikes and almost never come across an AFK'er. A while back, if someone dropped out, Bungie wouldn't bring in a sub, but it's better now....very few two man runs these days.
That's very anecdotal though which is why I didn't bring up my experience yesterday of having to run restorative mind alone after a two-man party bailed out. In my experience it's 50/50 between a good team and bad players/afk/bail outs and I never hesitate to spam the report button.

Can I still complete the Festival of the Lost quests if I have the quests and the requisite masks?

Pretty sure you can't because the candy doesn't drop anymore, but I dunno exactly what quest steps you have left. You could probably fall off the Tower as Atheon, etc. Only one way to find out.

The real question is... why?

Top Bottom