• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I'm not surprised. I got my arc sword first within a few weeks of TTK launch. It took me till a couple months ago to summon up the resolve to grind out the Void and Solar swords. That material grind is unreal and stupid. It is Y1 levels of grind.

Agreed, the material gathering was terrible.

If the reddit is to be believed i am one challenge mode fragment away from completion on the Triumphs.

I am currently grinding out my second sword, getting the ability kills is taking forever.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Because Destiny is dad, Xur is currently in the Vanguard mentors hall>
- Helm of Inmost Light (Titan, Int/Str)
- Radiant Dance Machines (Hunter, Disc/Str)
- The Impossible Machines (Warlock, Disc/Str)
- Thunderlord (Yr 2)
- Legacy Chest engram

noomi

Tried the Zhalo Supercell in Crucible today and it wasn't terrible....

Couldn't kill anything with the Jade Rabbit (too slow) and did very mediocre with the Mida Multi Tool.

Grasp of Malok is good, but I don't like using the same weapon as everyone else.... just seems boring.... I want some variety.

Hearing good things about Hawksaw, Suros PDX (need a good roll), and certain handguns (which ones?).

Can anyone recommend some other good weapons I can use competitively in crucible?

If you get a "god tier" roll Malok is it better/ worse then the Hawksaw/PDX equivalent?

Also I would love to get the Moments of Triumph stuff for Y2 but, as a solo player, I havn't even completed a Nightfall yet let alone a raid.

I would love to get in on the GAF weekly but undergoing chemo makes scheduling stuff difficult.

Can anyone recommend some other good weapons I can use competitively in crucible?

Hand Cannons - Hawkmoon, TLW(not as good these days but still very viable), Elysauna, Devil You Know, Seen a few people use the IB cannon but I never got one worth using.

Auto - Doctrine(trials), Soulstealers Claw(Coe/Variks packages)

Just a few that I am aware of. I have used all but Soulstealers, haven't got one yet but it's basically a Doctrine with a larger magazine and more range with the right roll.

I'd be interested to try these out, they're good even with the AR nerf that just hit?

Haven't tried them in Crucible, but a 6% nerf still gives them the fastest time-to-kill of any auto rifle. I guess Bungie might have gottencommunicated a decimal point wrong again, so who knows. My Arminius-D feels basically the same in PvE, though.

Haven't tried them in Crucible, but a 6% nerf still gives them the fastest time-to-kill of any auto rifle. I guess Bungie might have gottencommunicated a decimal point wrong again, so who knows. My Arminius-D feels basically the same in PvE, though.

Been away all week so haven't had a chance to try, forgot about it TBH. Shouldn't have effected them too much though. Be interesting to see the updated time to kill.

Yes it would still have the lowest TTK if it didnt have the second worst damage drop off after TLW. It doesnt matter if it has the lowest TTK in ideal situations if anything 1 feet outside of super close range already drops its damage considerably. And at that point, TLW beats it anyway. Not worth using it now.

So Deej is saying that SRL might never come back, despite the fact that people liked it and are asking for it. I don't see the reasoning behind this.

Does anyone know what Playlist the map Crossroads is in? I still havent seen it since September haha

Usually shows up in clash and mayhem playlists.

So Deej is saying that SRL might never come back, despite the fact that people liked it and are asking for it. I don't see the reasoning behind this.

A mode which was actually fun, gave out gear like candy and didn't feel too grindy like the base game? Makes perfect sense they'll never bring it back.

WeTeHa

That is super disappointing. There is no reason it shouldn't come back.
Bring it back like iron banner on a monthly basis for 1 week, have weekly and daily bounties and give out gear like IB. Make it easier to hit rank 5 and reset the rank every time. Give out packages like IB for rank 3 and 5. Add a couple new tracks, at least 1 for every location.

Why not, bungie?

SUROS DIS-43 and SUROS DIS-47 are good in crucible with the right rolls. I have a full auto max stability DIS-47 and it is a laser that melts if you hit crits consistently. DIS-43 is a bit slower firing but has higher impact. Some stability rolls on that will help.

The Eyasluna with range perks made it very handy pre-patch. Probably even more so now handcanons have had a slight buff.

Vendor Hawksaw is very good roll and quite fun to use.

Can't think of any others above those mentioned already.

Does anyone know what Playlist the map Crossroads is in? I still havent seen it since September haha

I've played it in Rumble, Skirmish, Salvage and clash. I don't do much control but I would have thought it is in there.

This makes me sad. SRL was a lot of fun. At least I got all the shaders from it.

Bought two exotics from Xur.... yet one is a worse DR than my current helm and the other one is a level 20 requirement. How do I get exotic shards?

hoggert

Best interview yet. Deej is a lot better when he is not in full PR mode. Just talk to us like humans. I also like the producer as well - seems passionate about Destiny.

Yeah, wow. I find him unbearable in all of Bungie's videos, but he was pretty good, even tolerable here. Wish he was like that in the ride along videos - the combination of his obnoxious PR banter and quiet devs is unbearably awkward.

Arrrammis

Bought two exotics from Xur.... yet one is a worse DR than my current helm and the other one is a level 20 requirement. How do I get exotic shards?

The one that is lvl. 20 is probably from the legacy engram. The legacy engrams give you year 1 gear, which is lvl. 20 gear and only goes up to light lvl. 170, so it's pretty much useless except for collectors (Bungie really needs to explain this better, everyone makes this mistake). Otherwise, all of the gear that Xur sells is light level 290, it's a fair boost for people who just hit level 40, and you can infuse everything.

You get exotic shards by dismantling exotic gear. You get one if you dismantle it right away, and you get 2 shards if you have it fully leveled (you don't need to buy all of the upgrades, you just need to fill up all of the experience circles).

The one that is a level 20 requirement will be the "legacy" items. They are for people who want to collect Y1 exotic weapons / armour. It is probably best to save your strange coins for the Y2 stuff and avoid the legacy.

Light level for anything bought by Xur is 280 or 290 if memory serves. Part of the price you pay. Its a lot easier to infuse them up now. As you are fairly new I'd suggest buying Three of Coins. Use one of these before any boss fight gives you a chance at an exotic (by any I mean any ultra enemy)

The one that is a level 20 requirement will be the "legacy" items. They are for people who want to collect Y1 exotic weapons / armour. It is probably best to save your strange coins for the Y2 stuff and avoid the legacy.

Light level for anything bought by Xur is 280 or 290 if memory serves. Part of the price you pay. Its a lot easier to infuse them up now. As you are fairly new I'd suggest buying Three of Coins. Use one of these before any boss fight gives you a chance at an exotic (by any I mean any ultra enemy)
Who sells three of coins?

It's weird, a mode like that which taps into every space nerds dream of pod racing and provides some real variety to destiny strikes me as the kind of mode that should be at least semi permanent.

Like rocket race or grifball on halo - it's the kind of mode that would drag players to the game

It's a shame as it had a fairly short window and looked great.

Xur sells them in a pack of 5 for 7 strange coins. Probably the best bang for your buck if you don't mind a little extra RNG in your loot.

Your Strange Coins might be better off spent on Three of Coins which activate a(n increasingly higher) chance of Exotic Engram drops from ultras/bosses/crucible matches.
They work for crucible matches as well? When's the best time to pop one?

Oh they don't run on a timer thank god

Just pop one whenever you don't have one active. You can see if you have an active one in the top left corner by your subclass. Although if it gives you an exotic, wait about 10 minutes or so to use another one. But if doesn't give you an exotic, just pop another one.

sajj316

Rusty Raiding - 6/16 Review

Alright guys. A quick review. All in all, heck of a run with hiccups only at the end.

Looking at the stats ..

Killer of the Match - d-psipher
Assist Man - rayuma
Orb Machine - sajj316
"Nice Tether" - Hunters collectively .. a lot less tethers missed than last time (sajj316, ch4fx_, and rcmDez_)

Thanks d-psipher for joining last minute and being the general. I'm glad we sorted out calling desgrafx "des" and rmcDez "dez" during Warpriest.

Nice job rayuma for going at Oryx HM for the first time.

We had to start SpecX as it was getting late. Def next time as a few of us will look to complete challenge mode (have the CP) sometime this weekend. I'm out of commission for tonight with family commitments but can do Saturday night.

So a few pages back I asked this

What's the better paleocontact jpk-43 ( auto rifle) roll

OEG

Crowd Control

Perfect Balance/Hand-laid stock/Reinforced Barrel

Grenadier

Or

Ora-2/OEG rifle scope

Rodeo

Lightweight/Appended Magazine/Rifled Barrel

Counterbalance

And you guys responded saying the latter is better, but to me it still seems like the former is better since Perfect Balance takes the role of Counterbalance and Rodeo and then I have two kill skills on top of it. Right? Wrong? Can someone explain it again for me bc I'm dumb?

CB and rodeo will give way more stability than perfect balance. Plus, crowd control and grenadier aren't real game changers and don't affect too much, especially crowd control, I rarely tell a difference using that perk.

Generally stability is more important than kill skills, and the second one beats the first in that one.
Also,the second one has rifled barrel so you will also be getting a good range boost.

CB and rodeo will give way more stability than perfect balance. Plus, crowd control and grenadier aren't real game changers and don't affect too much, especially crowd control, I rarely tell a difference using that perk.
That makes sense thanks, infused the latter with the former.

Oh they don't run on a timer thank god

For exotic shards - there is a slight cheese you can do once you have one shard and an exotic heavy unlocked:-

1. Buy truth or thunderloard form the kiosk for ONE shard
2. Have a heavy weapon experience booster active (from gunsmith)
3. Consume around 6 or 7 motes of light to apply experience into the weapon and get it mainly levelled (doesn't need to be fully)
4. dismantle for TWO shards.

In this way you convert glimmer and motes into exotics shards at a pretty cheap price. Just do it once to check it still works after the latest patch and then repeat until you run out of patience and/or glimmer

NOTE you don't need to spend materials to fill in the circles of the partially levelled wepaon - you just need the experience to be applied so that most of the circles have the green edge.

What roll does it have? I think the two are the archetype so you won't find much difference in performance, so the perks are the deciding factor for this.
QB has higher impact but slightly lower ROF and much lower stability, I'll double check the perks.

Edit: OEG, Rangefinder, Perfect Balance, Life Support for the QB. Paleocontact has OEG Rifle scope, Rodeo, lightweight and counterbalance

Top Bottom