• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

WeTeHa

Just got a questing beast, do you guys generally prefer that or the paleocontact?

For me, neither. But just try stuff out and see what feels good to you.

For pve I like to run things with more range. Scouts and pulses mainly, though recently I've been playing a lot with handcannons with rifled barrel. I used to run hard light for a long time, just because it looks cool and feels nice to me, but a lot of people hate it.

For me, neither. But just try stuff out and see what feels good to you.

For pve I like to run things with more range. Scouts and pulses mainly, though recently I've been playing a lot with handcannons with rifled barrel. I used to run hard light for a long time, just because it looks cool and feels nice to me, but a lot of people hate it.
Yeah PVE I use my Scout, but for pvp the paleocontact is a headshot machine.

Hmmmm, what would you guys say is better on a party Crasher, life support or rescue mag? Both of my party crashers have rifled and field choke. The other perks are meh, although the one with life support has underdog, which seems like it could work well with life support. Although rescue mag is such a nice perk...

Edit: I'm leaning towards rescue mag, but I don't want to shard the life support one to then learn that it was some god roll, like I've done many times before. I had a hawksaw once, towards the beginning of TTK with, I think, CB, max stability, and max reload speed. I infused it into my nirwens when IB came around. A couple days later, people were like " hawksaw is insanely good!" And I'm over here all sad cause I had one then got rid of it. Ever since then I've been careful with guns that look like they have good rolls.

Yeah PVE I use my Scout, but for pvp the paleocontact is a headshot machine.

Depends on what you want to do, but generally I would recommend playing with a weapon you like. 6v6 is fairly forgiving in weapon choice.

If you are going into 3v3 then you really need to be using one of the meta weapons.

Even for 3v3 non trials?

3v3 non trials can be just as sweaty (if not worse) in my experience. In 6v6 I can run with pretty much anything in my vault and have a good time.

In 3v3 I need to be using MIDA / Doctrine / Hawksaw etc as everyone else is. You will occassionally see people use weapons outside of this, and it ends up showing in their KD.

Edit - This is based upon someone with a lot of crucible playtime with an average ability (overall 1.06 kd i think with it being closer to 1.2-1.4 over the last few months). So with the skill based matchmaking my experience may differ slightly from yours until you've played some more games and the sbmm puts you in the right matchmaking pot.

ch4fx_

1. Buy truth or thunderloard form the kiosk for ONE shard
2. Have a heavy weapon experience booster active (from gunsmith)
3. Consume around 6 or 7 motes of light to apply experience into the weapon and get it mainly levelled (doesn't need to be fully)
4. dismantle for TWO shards.

I had been leveling exotics via motes before I dismantled them, but never thought of doing this method. I was previously using 15-20 motes per item, now I can dedicate those extra motes to the cause (aka NM ship/cloak) & still double up on shards.

desgrafx

Neo Member
It was a pleasure last night gentleman, thanks for the company.

Me: psiph, do you know where these orbs are?
Psiph: *laughs*

Last night was fun, hopefully we can finish up sometime this weekend. Definitely appreciate dpsipher jumping in to get the party started!

Have not played the entire week. Whats the verdict on Doctrine do I need to go back to pulse or try to use last word or mida?
Doctrine is pretty outclassed by pulses like hawksaw or grasp. Mida and last word will probably beat it 9/10 times too. It's damage falloff is pretty bad now. I remember hearing, I think it was Frenden, that it now has the same TTK as the med-ROF autos to give a picture of it.

D_psipher

Psiph was shitting orbs last night .. like he took Ex-lax or something

El Oh El! Nah, it was Colon Blow:Orb Edition. I got that defender Titan build from a good friend of mine. It is great for providing orbs for the team. I had a blast with you guys as well. I have not raided in a while so it was good to get back in the swing of things.

Also, was using one of my trash rolled Grasps in PVP for a bounty and it was putting in work. Made a few other people pull out theirs. IB is gonna be Grasp crazy next week. Anyone down to farm some more this weekend I am game.

SpecX

Rusty Raiding - 6/16 Review

Alright guys. A quick review. All in all, heck of a run with hiccups only at the end.

Looking at the stats ..

Killer of the Match - d-psipher
Assist Man - rayuma
Orb Machine - sajj316
"Nice Tether" - Hunters collectively .. a lot less tethers missed than last time (sajj316, ch4fx_, and rcmDez_)

Thanks d-psipher for joining last minute and being the general. I'm glad we sorted out calling desgrafx "des" and rmcDez "dez" during Warpriest.

Nice job rayuma for going at Oryx HM for the first time.

We had to start SpecX as it was getting late. Def next time as a few of us will look to complete challenge mode (have the CP) sometime this weekend. I'm out of commission for tonight with family commitments but can do Saturday night.

No worries and sorry for delaying the game. Had to resolve some personal issues with the rough day my wife went through and wasn't expecting it to be as bad as it was. I'm down for this weekend if the group gets back together and will be on time :)

3v3 non trials can be just as sweaty (if not worse) in my experience. In 6v6 I can run with pretty much anything in my vault and have a good time.

In 3v3 I need to be using MIDA / Doctrine / Hawksaw etc as everyone else is. You will occassionally see people use weapons outside of this, and it ends up showing in their KD.

Edit - This is based upon someone with a lot of crucible playtime with an average ability (overall 1.06 kd i think with it being closer to 1.2-1.4 over the last few months). So with the skill based matchmaking my experience may differ slightly from yours until you've played some more games and the sbmm puts you in the right matchmaking pot.
Frankly that sounds pretty bollocks (the system,not your post). Oh well, I don't have any of those so I'll continue to use my paleocontact and hope for the best.

Dez_

It was a pleasure last night gentleman, thanks for the company.

Me: psiph, do you know where these orbs are?
Psiph: *laughs*

Fun run everyone. Good stuff. I'll most likely be on later tonight for some grasp farming or crucible stuff in case anyone's looking. Otherwise, if you guys are on for Saturday, I'll be there. Won't have as much time as yesterday, but with Oryx and how close we got him, I think we can pull it off.

Would really like to get that last calcified fragment for my Hunter, but if it can't be this week, I'm not going to worry about it.

Frankly that sounds pretty bollocks (the system,not your post). Oh well, I don't have any of those so I'll continue to use my paleocontact and hope for the best.

The Hawksaw is a good pulse rifle with a good PVP roll that you can get from the Crucible Vendor.

3v3 are really annoying me at the minute as I am trying to grind out my last few Salvage wins to complete the grimoire and every match is either a sweat fest, or a complete blowout because one team makes an early lead and 1 player on the other team leaves.

Feel free to use other weapons in 3v3 for now. But you will notice the difference as you play more that some weapons just can't compete, even if you fire the first shot.

Marvel

could never
My grasp has range finder, perfect balance and third eye. Happy with that.

The rest that dropped were ass.

sajj316

Fun run everyone. Good stuff. I'll most likely be on later tonight for some grasp farming or crucible stuff in case anyone's looking. Otherwise, if you guys are on for Saturday, I'll be there. Won't have as much time as yesterday, but with Oryx and how close we got him, I think we can pull it off.

Would really like to get that last calcified fragment for my Hunter, but if it can't be this week, I'm not going to worry about it.

Let's finish the fight .. Saturday @ 10 PM EST. Wish I could do it earlier but my boy is getting baptized during the day and celebrations till the evening.

We'll keep the same teams as yesterday with SpecX as an alt.

1. sajj316
2. Dez_
3. desgrafx
4. rayuma
5. ch4fx_
6. d-psipher

desgrafx

Neo Member
Let's finish the fight .. Saturday @ 10 PM EST. Wish I could do it earlier but my boy is getting baptized during the day and celebrations till the evening.

1. sajj316
2. Dez_
3. desgrafx
4. rayuma
5. ch4fx_
6. d-psipher

That works for me!

Did that change with the update? Or was it merely offset by the damage being higher previously?

Mostly that. Same way the damage boost on TLW's exotic perk used to partially offset its range. But now (for TLW) the extra damage is gone and the range on hcs have been drastically reduced in general on the last update so its range is absolute trash.

rayuma

1. sajj316
2. Dez_
3. desgrafx
4. rayuma
5. ch4fx_
6. d-psipher

Count me in.

zewone

Yeah, I just preordered Rise of Iron with COD IW to take advantage of the $15 credit for spending $100 promotion going on now.

After 27 Grasps I finally have an atlernative to try.
My old one: RD-OAS, Headseeker, HL-Stock, Third Eye.
New one: RD-OES, Counterbalance, Braced Frame, Last Resort.
Not perfect, but I want to see whether I like the CB+BF combo.

After 27 Grasps I finally have an atlernative to try.
My old one: RD-OAS, Headseeker, HL-Stock, Third Eye.
New one: RD-OES, Counterbalance, Braced Frame, Last Resort.
Not perfect, but I want to see whether I like the CB+BF combo.
Not perfect? Ok, counterbalance with braced frame beats the shit out of headseeker with hand-laid stock.

WavyStretch

Neo Member
Can we please have someone who actually plays Crucible picking maps. It's a complete fucking joke that the most unbalanced broken map in the game is selected a second time for Trials when the Anomaly and Cauldron are being ignored. I rarely single out people but Derrick Carrol needs to be moved from his current position to a different area in Bungie given all the fuck ups he has overseen in year 2:

Changed Trials matchmaking, unnecessaryily, claimed it was fine, finally tried it 3 months later and admitted it needed "tweaking".

Claimed there were no matchmaking changes, very publicly. Turns out he has no idea what is going on under him.

"Play strikes"

"Good players just want to pubstomp"

Clueless.

SpecX

Anyone grasp farming tonight? Might as well join the fun seeing that this will be the PvP king weapon till the next "balance" patch.

Tjamato88

Started playing Destiny again last night. I have no idea what I'm doing with all the April Update stuff.

I had a bunch of Sterling Treasures waiting for me when I signed back on. In just an hour of playing last night I gained three levels and went from 297 to 300 and pulled an exotic rocket launcher in my second strike of the night.

Basically what I'm saying is that it's good to be back :)

Top Bottom