• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Worth farming to try and do slightly better than this? Used it in crucible and it's like a cheat code for me.

ReY4rUY.jpg

Hedera

Super lttp but I finishid the crucible quest yesterday and I discovered how amazing and fun the MIDA is, since there's a step that requires you to use scouts. Did that thing in the 4 games that are needed.

Now for the HC step I really struggled though. I used to use the last word a lot and haven't touched it since the nerf and also because RNG was super good to me and gave me a CB doctrine even though I barely play trials. It took a few games to finish that step and get used to the last word again let me tell ya.

Grasp - Red Dot OAS/ Counter Balance / Perfect Balance / Army of one.

That's me done, cant be bothered getting better then that.

Lol, finished the nightfall and got Counterbalance / Braced frame / Grenadier.

Not sure which to use.

Got this game for my daughter as a b-day present (she is a huge Halo/Bungie fan), she will start playing it this weekend, and I'd love to give her some useful advice. Problem is, I have never played it. So I turn to you guys instead. Anything she should do/avoid doing in order to have the best possible experience?

GutZ31

Got this game for my daughter as a b-day present (she is a huge Halo/Bungie fan), she will start playing it this weekend, and I'd love to give her some useful advice. Problem is, I have never played it. So I turn to you guys instead. Anything she should do/avoid doing in order to have the best possible experience?
Advice panda says: If you have friends to play with, play with them. Matchmaking is as fun as 6 bullet Russian roulette.

How old is your daughter? I'm pretty sure we have some DGAF with kids that could be Sherpas, if not DGAFers themselves.

The game is all about mobility and gun play, as well as feeling powerful.

Best piece of advice I think would be to ALWAYS put your highest light level gear on before opening engrams, or talking to NPCs.

My 2 best Grasps out of about 15 so far.

OAS - Rangefinder - Braced Frame - Third Eye

OAS - Counterbalance - Hand-Laid Stock - Glass Half Full

Shame about no Braced on the 2nd.

Direct her to some of the links in the OP. It will give her a lot of information and reference material she can use as she progresses through the game.

The OT here is always welcoming so questions can always be asked if she has specific things in mind.

Tell her to just enjoy the game and to work her way through the quests. They will give her an understanding of some of the basics. To collect bounties as often as possible and to not worry too much about buying armour or weapons until hitting level 40. She will be ranking up so much and gear will constantly be outdated so it's best to save glimmer (one of the many in game currencies) until she is at the level cap

GutZ31

Currently at farm for NF. On a Titan, so can either do farming, or complete NF. 2 spots open on GutZ31
Edit: Nvm, gonna solo it.

E92 M3

Not sure which to use.

The second. I have the exact same roll.

Not sure which to use.

There's are both REALLY good rolls.

I prefer Perfect Balance to Braced Frame.You will get 77 STABILITY with no penalty to ammo.

Edit: wait...what scope is on the second one? OAS is meh

There's are both REALLY good rolls.

I prefer Perfect balance to Counter Balance. You will get 77 range total and no penalty to ammo.

Edit: wait...what scope is on the second one? OAS is meh
I'm going to assume you just have a bunch of words mixed up or something. Because they both have counterbalance, none of those perks affect range at all, and OAS is usually regarded as the best scope.

Xbox or PS4?
How old is she?
The obvious stuff is. Join a faction as soon as possible, play every mission you can. The game really opens up at the end game so make sure she is aware.

Kalamari

Honestly, I feel that an ORS sight is just icing on the cake, OES, OAS, and ORES are all viable sights with CB and BF or PB.

I'm going to assume you just have a bunch of words mixed up or something. Because they both have counterbalance, none of those perks affect range at all, and OAS is usually regarded as the best scope.

That should read "I prefer Perfect Balance to Braced Frame.You will get 77 STABILITY with no penalty to ammo."

ORS is the best scope for GoM because it gives +6 to range and +9 to stability. OES is the second best scope for the GoM because it gives +2 to range and +12 to stability.

OAS only gives +14 to stability and +5 to AA.

For PRs, you want the additional range to keep the spread of the burst tighter over distances.

Honestly, I feel that an ORS sight is just icing on the cake, OES, OAS, and ORES are all viable sights with CB and BF or PB.
As long as it's not ORS1, the roll killer.

That should read "I prefer Perfect Balance to Braced Frame.You will get 77 STABILITY with no penalty to ammo."

ORS is the best scope for GoM because it gives +6 to range and +9 to stability.

OAS only gives +14 to stability and +5 to AA.

For PRs you want the additional range to keep the spread of the burst tighter over distances.
Like I thought, just some word substitutions. I personally prefer OAS, but both are great options. Again, they're all good except ORS1. "Highest zoom in class!" Bleh

phen0m24

Poll:
Option 1) Grinding each weapon out for hours.
Option 2) Reforging.

I'm kinda leaning toward 1 in this case, ML - because at the end you'll have a CRAP ton of weapon parts, infusion fuel, and hopefully a good (enough) Grasp.

At the end of a long rerolling session you could be back to square one with nothing to show for it.

Poll:
Option 1) Grinding each weapon out for hours.
Option 2) Reforging.

Option 1. It means you either get lucky or are dedicated to get a good roll. Reforging just meant you needed that weapon to drop then down to burning through materials till you got the roll you wanted. It quickly meant EVERYONE had god rolls.

Is there a list of GAF regulars who I can add on PSN? Still aiming to do the nightfall/raid at least once...also need the last few fragments and crucible trains for the enevitable momments of wonder.

My PSN is BarryTheSprout BTW, on most evenings (GMT).

Direct her to some of the links in the OP. It will give her a lot of information and reference material she can use as she progresses through the game.

The OT here is always welcoming so questions can always be asked if she has specific things in mind.

Tell her to just enjoy the game and to work her way through the quests. They will give her an understanding of some of the basics. To collect bounties as often as possible and to not worry too much about buying armour or weapons until hitting level 40. She will be ranking up so much and gear will constantly be outdated so it's best to save glimmer (one of the many in game currencies) until she is at the level cap

Xbox or PS4?
How old is she?
The obvious stuff is. Join a faction as soon as possible, play every mission you can. The game really opens up at the end game so make sure she is aware.

Advice panda says: If you have friends to play with, play with them. Matchmaking is as fun as 6 bullet Russian roulette.

How old is your daughter? I'm pretty sure we have some DGAF with kids that could be Sherpas, if not DGAFers themselves.

The game is all about mobility and gun play, as well as feeling powerful.

Best piece of advice I think would be to ALWAYS put your highest light level gear on before opening engrams, or talking to NPCs.

Thanks guys. She's 19, and plays on Xbone. I'll forward all of your advice to her.

Is there a list of GAF regulars who I can add on PSN? Still aiming to do the nightfall/raid at least once...also need the last few fragments and crucible trains for the enevitable momments of wonder.

My PSN is BarryTheSprout BTW, on most evenings (GMT).

I'm GMT and on most evenings (not so much currently with the Euros). PSN is same as gaf. I have a regular raid group who I'm sure won't mind helping you out with that some time as well.

MechDX

If she wants someone who isn't a dick to play with she can add StalkerUKCG I play regularly and will be playing much more once RoI drops in september.

My group isn't bad people either.

Mind if I add you as well? I would kill to have someone on Xbox who plays it regularly

NeOak

I'm fine with my ORES/CB/BF/AoO Grasp, but I still farm to help friends, so If a better one drops, great.

Why ORES and not ORS?

xA6u64I.png

F9JKLER.png

I'll take one with ORES/CB/BF and Third Eye.

Top Bottom