• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

FyreWulff

I agree that a new engine can cause new problems and will make you learn new lessons.
The reason I suggested a new engine is due to the long-time rumors that their existing one is a nightmare in which even smallest changes take a lot of time to make and test or whatever.

slow to build/compile is how most all engines start out. you do functionality first, then come back around and do optimizations. it's just the most brutal when engine work has to race the first initial launch. I have no worries that they'll be able to speed up stuff

slow to build/compile is how most all engines start out. you do functionality first, then come back around and do optimizations. it's just the most brutal when engine work has to race the first initial launch. I have no worries that they'll be able to speed up stuff

Good to know since I myself have no idea how game engines actually work nor how people work with them.
The slowness rumours caught my eye since such details/problems aren't usually mentioned in the games media.

FyreWulff

Good to know since I myself have no idea how game engines actually work nor how people work with them.
The slowness rumours caught my eye since such details/problems aren't usually mentioned in the games media.

i've devved and made games, it's one of those things that you just sort of accept but never really talk about because it's just .. the natural order of things?

pretty much the same as when writes a book or films a movie, you have the rough draft, then go back through and tighten up the graphics plot pacing in chapter 3

hell a lot of people would be surprised that a lot of 60 fps games actually run at like.. 10fps for long periods of development, because the working part is being tested, not the working-fast part.

my reaction when the first compile succeeds:

Will-Ferrell-Elf-You-Sit-on-a-Throne-of-Lies.gif

Destiny is so popular anything and everything is reported in the media

Magik

Its been awhile away from Destiny for me just got to 318 trying to get to 335 any tips??

If you haven't, start with the Nightfalls as the rewards go upto 330. Then proceed with doing Challenge of Elders as they tend to be very easy and follow with King Falls HM Raid.

Three of Coins work great as well as exotic engrams decrypt based on your level.

You can also do the Weekly Shaxx bounty as you can get rewards upto 335 but it can be rather tedious and difficult if you don't like PVP. Not to mention your rewards can be Strange coins.

Just make sure that you always equip your highest gear as the system rewards based on your current light level.

Edit: Iron Banner returns next week and drops are based on your level and are more common compared to the past.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just wanted to put out a warning to all of my enemies...
If I ever get revived while behind cover I will rain down my revenge upon you all !!!!!

#graspofmalokstories

Slermy

I'm sure test is on overdrive now trying to get a patch out, but it's part of AAA games these days.. these engines are so damn big that even what looks like a simple change can have unknown effects on other areas.

Interestingly, going to a whole new engine is how you can end up with even more bugs. The thing about existing engines is they've been more battle tested and pushed around more. When you make a new engine you also throw out all the old lessons.

edit: oh hey, RoI ghost

ClVP9BQUkAAMjKQ.jpg:large

That's kinda neat.

Magik

I can see them drop the crit damage for the Grasp to 20-21 so that it's a 4 burst weapon. It's a Bungie thing to do.

phen0m24

Just wanted to put out a warning to all of my enemies...
If I ever get revived while behind cover I will rain down my revenge upon you all !!!!!

#graspofmalokstories
True!!

Dude my best one is Perfect Balance, Counter Balance and Guerilla Fighter as well.

If I could figure out how to make that perk proc, that would be awesome.

ocean

Banned
True!!

Dude my best one is Perfect Balance, Counter Balance and Guerilla Fighter as well.

There's some waist-high cover in some spots. If you crouch behind it, you can ADS and "shoot from cover". Your character peeks while you're aiming and then crouches down again when you let go of L2, so it's like a cover-shooter mechanic.

There's just really few of those cover options and it's not a mechanic anybody really uses.

Frenden

Banned
True!!

Crouch while behind waist height cover. Instead of standing back up to shoot over the cover, hold the ADS/left trigger. You will temporarily pop up from behind the cover while ADS and then pop down and back behind cover when you release left trigger.

EDIT: OCEAN BEAT ME.

So this may have been addressed in the past, but when I try to watch the Destiny end credits now (you know, the ones with the Paul McCartney song), all I get is a short cinematic with a message that says to go to Bungie.net for the full credits. Anyone else experience this?

So this may have been addressed in the past, but when I try to watch the Destiny end credits now (you know, the ones with the Paul McCartney song), all I get is a short cinematic with a message that says to go to Bungie.net for the full credits. Anyone else experience this?

Probably has to do with song rights/how the contract was written.

I just stared Destiny. I have no idea what I'm doing. I completed the opening segment, picked up my gun, armor and I was given the task to find warp drive parts in the Cosmodrone?

In the mission screen it says it's a cooperative mission. What does that mean? Are other real live players playing alongside me? How does that change the dynamics? I tend to take my time and explore. Will I need to keep the pace of the other players?

Finally back after ~6 months!
Got my hunter to lvl 40 and finally cleared out everything in the Vault that was waiting for him. :) #feelsgood

I just stared Destiny. I have no idea what I'm doing. I completed the opening segment, picked up my gun, armor and I was given the task to find warp drive parts in the Cosmodrone?

In the mission screen it says it's a cooperative mission. What does that mean? Are other real live players playing alongside me? How does that change the dynamics? I tend to take my time and explore. Will I need to keep the pace of the other players?

Welcome to the game, it can be overwhelming for a new player since there is a lot of content that isn't obvious straight away and neither are there any tutorials that direct you how you should proceed.

Majority of the activities in Destiny can be played with a fireteam but the story missions are all easily soloable. The ones that require a team, like strikes, have matchmaking. You can complete the story stuff at your own pace. The only place you will encounter other live players are in patrol zones or match-made activities like strikes and crucible.

Welcome to the game, it can be overwhelming for a new player since there is a lot of content that isn't obvious straight away and neither are there any tutorials that direct you how you should proceed.

Majority of the activities in Destiny can be played with a fireteam but the story missions are all easily soloable. The ones that require a team, like strikes, have matchmaking. You can complete the story stuff at your own pace. The only place you will encounter other live players are in patrol zones or match-made activities like strikes and crucible.
Now there's something you don't read everyday. 😏

I did my first and only Grasp farming session last night. Spent just over 2 hours doing it. In that time I got 11 Bonds and 7 Grasps. On average you seem to get a legendary drop every 3 kills. The annoying thing was that my first 5 drops were all Bonds (I was running this on my uber hunter).

3 of my Grasp rolls were instant deletes. The others have 1-2 good perks but there was definitely no god rolls. Due to the England match tonight I'm not going to have chance to farm any more. When I get chance I will post the rolls I got. I need some advice on which one is the best to use.

What's the fastest way to level a subclass? Anything other than bounties? ;_;

Bounties. Story missions on hard if you haven't completed them already. Crucible playlists is probably the quickest way to get experience to rank them up as well. Levelling subclasses is a massive grind once story missions are done.

Best thing I can recommend is to grab the crucible bounties and do them in a few matches, and do the vanguard bounties. Then just play game modes or activities you enjoy. But bounties are going to be your quickest method if you have completed all the quests.

PVP is by far the quickest way.

Bounties. Story missions on hard if you haven't completed them already. Crucible playlists is probably the quickest way to get experience to rank them up as well. Levelling subclasses is a massive grind once story missions are done.

Best thing I can recommend is to grab the crucible bounties and do them in a few matches, and do the vanguard bounties. Then just play game modes or activities you enjoy. But bounties are going to be your quickest method if you have completed all the quests.
Thanks to both.
Leveling this hunter will be a paaaaaaaaaaaain. Uuugghhhh.
Oh well, onto the grind!

Thanks to both.
Leveling this hunter will be a paaaaaaaaaaaain. Uuugghhhh.
Oh well, onto the grind!

I would only play stuff you enjoy doing and let the levelling take care of itself. You can grind a bit if you want but don't do it so much you put yourself off the game.

I played quite a lot (by normal not gaf standards) since TTK and the sub-classes on my two alts still aren't completely levelled.

If you want tedious grind - set off on the extoic sword quests! :) Save your grinding patience for that :)

Top Bottom