• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

All the grasping had made me bit nervous about crucible and Iron Banner, but after a few games at the weekend it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I was able to outshoot most Graspers with Mida or Hawksaw.

Hope that continues, Iron Banana is one of my favourite activities , unless it's Rift.

All the grasping had made me bit nervous about crucible and Iron Banner, but after a few games at the weekend it doesn't seem to have made a difference. I was able to outshoot most Graspers with Mida or Hawksaw.

Hope that continues, Iron Banana is one of my favourite activities , unless it's Rift.
I'm pretty sure it's clash this time around.

Started the Weaponmaster quest yesterday. I used the current vendor Dealbreaker with high-calibre rounds for my AR kills and the amount of flinch it induced was insane-- does it scale with the gun's impact? Afterwards I used a Hawksaw with the same perk and it didn't feel like I was disrupting them as much. Perhaps the different firing cadence?

When I get chance I will post the rolls I got. I need some advice on which one is the best to use.

You should try your top potential ones yourself-- I found the scope choice mattered a lot more to me than the presence of counterbalance in how my not-perfect rolls felt. Need to go through my last set and see if I got CB with a scope I like.

E92 M3

Quick question: for the Iron Banner Shax bounty trick, do I have to pick any of the former bounties up? Or can I just do the IB bounties with them counting automatically?

I'll use mida over a pulse any day. If you camp with a sniper a pulse may be a good option for you, but players who like to move around and jump and be mobile, mida and handcannons work much better. If I have to use a pulse I'll use the vendor hawksaw.

Quick question: for the Iron Banner Shax bounty trick, do I have to pick any of the former bounties up? Or can I just do the IB bounties with them counting automatically?

When you turn in the IB weeklies, they will automatically count for the shaxx true meaning of war bounty, you don't even need to have it in your bounties tab.

Odds are some people only grinded Omnigul until any old grasp dropped. I don't think many have dedicated hours to getting a god roll. Even then, the amount of people with a god roll will be very small. Most people will end up with a good roll and just have to settle at that. Much like I have 4 good rolls and don't have time to farm for more.

You should try your top potential ones yourself-- I found the scope choice mattered a lot more to me than the presence of counterbalance in how my not-perfect rolls felt. Need to go through my last set and see if I got CB with a scope I like.

Thats the plan, but levelling and playing with 4 weapons long enough to see which feels best takes a long time. Much quicker to rely upon gaf knowledge to narrow it down a bit. I've got a nice variety of perks, pretty much cover all the stability upgrades and have either the OES or ORS scopes.

E92 M3

I'll use mida over a pulse any day. If you camp with a sniper a pulse may be a good option for you, but players who like to move around and jump and be mobile, mida and handcannons work much better. If I have to use a pulse I'll use the vendor hawksaw.

When you turn in the IB weeklies, they will automatically count for the shaxx true meaning of war bounty, you don't even need to have it in your bounties tab.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

shingi70

Banned
Thanks for the tips guys, went into the inferno 6V6 playlist and was able to get all my PVP sword kills.

Working on the Shaxx quests, and then to knock off a few more things.

Played a bit in April and took another break and man the shooting is so good here.

Lee

So I've had my head in the sand this weekend due to kids' birthdays, father's day, etc. I'm trying to find out why trials was cancelled but not seeing a clear reason. Do we have one?

Edit: Apparently the reason is just "People were have connectivity issues."

Ha. I don't know what I was expecting. Never mind.

Grinded for 8 hours and got this bad boy. Feels really awesome and barely kicks at all. :D

0Ae1sMG.png

Question: Should I be using Perfect Balance or Braced Frame? People have told me that PB changes the spread of the burst where as BF just adds more stability.

E92 M3

Grinded for 8 hours and got this bad boy. Feels really awesome and barely kicks at all. :D

0Ae1sMG.png

Question: Should I be using Perfect Balance or Braced Frame? People have told me that PB changes the spread of the burst where as BF just adds more stability.

I have a choice between PB and BF as well, and chose to stick with PB. Prefer the 6 extra bullets and the recoil is practically nonexistent.

Bought the Destiny 1 LE (for cheap) and was bummed to see that the digital content codes had (year old) expiration dates next to them.
Fortunately PSN still accepted the codes, so I now have the ghost shell, ship, and Inner Circle emblem.

Composer

Just got Destiny The Taken King Legendary Edition, this past weekend cuz of the PSN E3 Sale. Absolutely loving the game so far. I don't know why I waited so long to play it. I'm looking for people to play with on PS4.

My ID is TheLycanthropy. Would love to team up with some people to play co-op online.

shingi70

Banned
So how do you farm for stuff like Grasp or that sweet Warlock Helmet from the Rasputin strike?

Do those items only drop in the strike playlists?

Arrrammis

So how do you farm for stuff like Grasp or that sweet Warlock Helmet from the Rasputin strike?

Do those items only drop in the strike playlists?

They can drop any time you run that strike, however in higher difficulty versions of the strike, the exclusive items have a higher drop rate. Drop rate comparison: nightfall> Heroic strikes> vanguard strikes> normal strike (choose the strike on the director/map). Farming for the grasp is super easy since you can just repeatedly kill the boss for more drops, in other strikes you need to go through the entire strike again.

shingi70

Banned
They can drop any time you run that strike, however in higher difficulty versions of the strike, the exclusive items have a higher drop rate. Drop rate comparison: nightfall> Heroic strikes> vanguard strikes> normal strike (choose the strike on the director/map). Farming for the grasp is super easy since you can just repeatedly kill the boss for more drops, in other strikes you need to go through the entire strike again.

Cool been playing the game off and on for 3 years and really haven't dealt with the Meta.

I'm hoping the weapon manufacturers get a content boost for RoI.

0Ae1sMG.png

Braced frame. Absolutely braced frame. Trance must be trolling with that perfect balance suggestion. I'm so jealous of that roll haha.

Alo0oy

Banned
Hello DestinyGAF.

I just wanted to pop in and ask if right now is a good time to get into Destiny since it's on sale on PSN? I played the beta, but I didn't buy it after the negative world of mouth. Should I just wait for Rise of Iron? Or should I just buy it and get my character ready for RoI?

zewone

I'm running Lightweight on my Grasp.

The gun only needs Counter Balance, everything else is really secondary.

Counter Balance and Feeding Frenzy is what you really want.

Third Eye would be 2nd choice.

Hello DestinyGAF.

I just wanted to pop in and ask if right now is a good time to get into Destiny since it's on sale on PSN? I played the beta, but I didn't buy it after the negative world of mouth. Should I just wait for Rise of Iron? Or should I just buy it and get my character ready for RoI?

It is a good time to get into Destiny. Althought things are quiet by DGAF standards it will give you the summer to get a character ready for RoI and get familiar with the various systems in the game. So that when RoI launches you will be well prepared.

May as well take advantage of the sale price. Also there is a refer a friend quest you can do that will get you some exclusive gear (cosmetic). Basically a more experienced player helps you out with some activities and you both get rewards.

I'm in the GMT time zone and don't mind helping you out. I play with a decent group regularly so we would be able to get you through whatever content you wanted.

Of course if you are from another timezone or have people you know with the game already then thats cool. Either way playing with DGAF is the best way to do this game.

Alo0oy

Banned
It is a good time to get into Destiny. Althought things are quiet by DGAF standards it will give you the summer to get a character ready for RoI and get familiar with the various systems in the game. So that when RoI launches you will be well prepared.

May as well take advantage of the sale price. Also there is a refer a friend quest you can do that will get you some exclusive gear (cosmetic). Basically a more experienced player helps you out with some activities and you both get rewards.

I'm in the GMT time zone and don't mind helping you out. I play with a decent group regularly so we would be able to get you through whatever content you wanted.

Of course if you are from another timezone or have people you know with the game already then thats cool. Either way playing with DGAF is the best way to do this game.

Thanks, yeah I'd love to play with DestinyGAF.

There are three editions on sale, regular, legendary, and collector's edition. Am I correct in assuming the regular is just the expansion, the legendary is the game + expansion, and collector's edition includes microtransactions stuff? The PSN description is extremely vague.

E92 M3

B R A C E D F R A M E B O Y Z

Don't listen to trance.

I offer good advice!

Hello DestinyGAF.

Get it now and get ready for ROI. The game is a lot of fun.

Yup. I have both as well.

While Braced is generally considered the best, having 5 extra bullets or one more trigger pull, with PB is underrated imo.

My ideal god roll would have CB + Braced + Feeding.

It is severely underrated. That extra trigger pull has saved my butt or gotten me an extra kill plenty of times.

Destiny 2 needs to happen already.

Not sure how I feel about ROI being "between TDB and HoW". That really isn't that much content.

But yeah. My IRL friends that quit before TDB came out (and each put 100ish hours) are somewhat interested in ROI but they don't want to have to do the grind (or have to buy TTK) to be able to play ROI. I wonder how many more people are in a similar situation.

Regardless, we were a 4 man team and everything (story content wise) was 3 man so we had to split into 2 groups of 2, and we always had to do a nightfall more than once to help the 1 person that couldn't do it since it's just 3. I hope Destiny 2 makes things 4 people because 3 is pretty lame.

darthbob

Destiny 2 needs to happen already.

Not sure how I feel about ROI being "between TDB and HoW". That really isn't that much content.

Regardless, we were a 4 man team and everything (story content wise) was 3 man so we had to split into 2 groups of 2, and we always had to do a nightfall more than once to help the 1 person that couldn't do it since it's just 3. I hope Destiny 2 makes things 4 people because 3 is pretty lame.

Pretty sure it was said somewhere that RoI, content wise, is between HoW and TTK. Still a fairly nebulous measurement.

Second point doesn't seem likely unless they introduce a 4th Guardian Class and/or race (Tigermen?)

Pretty sure it was said somewhere that RoI, content wise, is between HoW and TTK. Still a fairly nebulous measurement.

Second point doesn't seem likely unless they introduce a 4th Guardian Class and/or race (Tigermen?)

Yea, between any of the expansions is really underwhelming for me at this point. The latest balance changes really made me sad. HC still need a little more range, as well.

A new class is what I'm hoping for. Most coop games are 4 players, dangit.

I played in a few 4v4 PvP matches in Destiny where nobody quit or joined, and it was really fun. I felt it fit the game just as well as 3v3 if not better. 6v6 otoh is too much, IMO. 3v3 and 4v4 are awesome.

So in conclusion, don't listen to Trance? Gotcha.
5uwMo4rw1Ey1PDMu.jpg

For real though, why Braced Frame? To my understanding, Perfect Balance changes the spread of the gun so wouldn't it be more accurate? If the consensus is Braced Frame being the way to go then I will but I'm kind of confused haha.

E92 M3

So in conclusion, don't listen to Trance? Gotcha.
5uwMo4rw1Ey1PDMu.jpg

For real though, why Braced Frame? To my understanding, Perfect Balance changes the spread of the gun so wouldn't it be more accurate? If the consensus is Braced Frame being the way to go then I will but I'm kind of confused haha.

Counter balance is the star perk. The debate between BF and PB comes down to preference. BF gives you a tad better recoil - emphasis on tad - but takes away 6 bullets. A lot of times, those 6 bullets did wonders for me.

Counter balance is the star perk. The debate between BF and PB comes down to preference. BF gives you a tad better recoil - emphasis on tad - but takes away 6 bullets. A lot of times, those 6 bullets did wonders for me.
If that's really the only difference then I'm going to stick with BF. Two bursts isn't enough for a kill and if I'm at the point where I need those two extra bursts then I'm probably dead anyways. Thanks for the help, though.

E92 M3

If that's really the only difference then I'm going to stick with BF. Two bursts isn't enough for a kill and if I'm at the point where I need those two extra bursts then I'm probably dead anyways. Thanks for the help, though.

It can lead to an extra kill before a reload. That said, everyone has a different playstyle. Just presenting the facts.

cr0w

Old Member
Hey guys, I've been out of the Destiny loop for around 4 months, and I just started playing again. When I left, I was at LL318 and had done pretty much everything there was to do, but now that I'm back I'm finding myself stuck and haven't been able to increase my LL at all so far. I've been doing Crucible and Strikes, mostly, since my old raiding crew doesn't play anymore. What avenues should I be going down to increase my light, if Crucible and Strikes simply isn't working?

I'm on PS4, by the way.

Top Bottom