• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

The most notable thing about this is Destiny is going to finally starting having 'time eras' like other MMOs depending on what you're playing. No more forcing the entire world to stay in synch. So now Earth has two patrols in different times.

Hrm.

The closest thing I can think of are instanced zones in WoW, but it's interesting that they're going to have 2 different patrols in the same area~ The example given, with the player original respawn point, where one versions covered in snow and the other isn't.

It's a good thing for sure, it lets them drastically change patrol zones/current areas without having to worry about new players being confused.

Edit-And of course they're going to continue their PVP/PvE balance nonsense.

Interesting nugget of information in that interview about the revamped earth patrol. Having 2 instances will be cool. Hopefully it is something that will be expanded upon in future releases. Updated patrol zones on the other planets would be cool.

Rest of the interview is full of the same stuff we always hear. Bungie definitely sticking to their plans of a very protracted drip feed of information over the summer.

I decided to come back to Destiny but take a more Casual approach.
I know what I like Love and what I Hate about the game; so I will just stick to what I love.
Yeah I may not reach Max light level, but who cares.

COE is weird today. Scatter grenades prematurely exploding or the initial projectile bouncing/skipping once before detonating. No containment fields or teleporting vex involved. Still dumb easy, got 38k solo even after skipping a couple of add phases because I got annoyed by the sporadic bullshit.

How are you soloing? I ran my first CoE last night and ended up with a Soulkeeper's Claw/Lord of Wolves/Her Champion/Keepers Gloves/Keepers Dread bond. Was pretty satisfied, but it seems like it would get insanely rough with all the ads and a boss coming at you.

Don't worry about it, it's one of the reasons most people dislike the KF raid so much - it's so rigid and one mistake can wipe the whole run.

But we do worry about it. More so when the rest of the team is great, and I feel that I was 0letting everyone down. Speaking for myself, I felt really bad afterwards, because I screwed up badly. I was trying to concentrate on what to do (being awake for over 20 hours doesnt help, but is no excuse), and it was not working.

I am really sorry guys. I felt really bad afterwards. To the point of not wanting to repeat the experience.

cr0w

Old Member
Anybody on PS4 up for doing some CoE later tonight/this week? I'm just getting back into the game and haven't run it at all yet. 314/315 light depending on my weapon. PSN is krayven1980 if anyone wants to add me.

hoggert

How are you soloing? I ran my first CoE last night and ended up with a Soulkeeper's Claw/Lord of Wolves/Her Champion/Keepers Gloves/Keepers Dread bond. Was pretty satisfied, but it seems like it would get insanely rough with all the ads and a boss coming at you.

I wouldn't dream of doing yesterday/last week's modifiers solo. This week with Catapult, it's pretty easy as a Voidwalker using scatter grenades and the nothing manacles. You will be spamming grenades/healing after every kill and even if you miss one, there's only like a 4s cooldown. I used a Black Hammer to dps the boss but any sniper or fusion will work, and a solar machinegun with Army of One for the wizards in round 3. To make it even easier I had the raid chest (increases recovery on grenade kills) equipped.

Gonna reload like flash
13517455_541039346102823_6095457419365893041_o.jpg

E92 M3

Would love to, but I can't. Started work on monday, so very little videogame time for now. Can't stay up till 2 am playing destiny if I have to get up at 6 am and not blow myself up at work, haha :p

Damn man, you're letting responsibilities get ahead of Destiny. Have fun "being an adult."

SMH

pshhhhhhh

I'm listening to IGNs Fireteam chat with Deej. He talks about how they watch all the matches and if they find alot of people playing a certain mode or a certain type of weapon, they change stuff to make things more balanced. And I'm here in PVP looking shotguns for days. But then again, not all that great at PVP.

ch4fx_

Anybody on PS4 up for doing some CoE later tonight/this week? I'm just getting back into the game and haven't run it at all yet. 314/315 light depending on my weapon. PSN is krayven1980 if anyone wants to add me.

FR sent. I'll be online tonight but I'm not sure if I'll be doing PvP, or PvE. Either way, you're more than welcome to join up.

Sent you a FR on PSN. I'm around the same light and I'd love to do CoE.

How Overwatch devs speak to the community part 99999999

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745504371#post-3

Bungie, we don't have SBMM or have changed any settings

Goddamn. He posts a more insightful post into matchmaking than Bungie has ever done in their tenure of Destiny.(And maybe Halo, never paid attention back then.)

Not only that but he understands the intricacies of a multitude of factors that may make matchmaking better or worse. And this is Blizzards first foray into matchmaking for an FPS.

How Overwatch devs speak to the community part 99999999

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745504371#post-3

Bungie, we don't have SBMM or have changed any settings

I were to summarize match results into 5 broad buckets it would be these:

1. My team won. We beat the other team by a long shot.

2. My team barely won.

3. My team barely lost.

4. My team lost. We lost by a long shot. It wasn’t even close

5. It was a broken match somehow. Maybe someone disconnected,
was screwing around or we played with fewer than 12 people.

(of course there are more cases than this – I am overly simplifying here)

Most players will say that they want a match to be either type 2 or type 3 as I described above. Those sound even. Barely win or barely lose. But I believe when psychology comes into play, most players actually expect type 1 or type 2 to be the result. Even an amazingly close type 3 match can turn into a highly negative experience for a lot of players. And if you keep “barely losing” it’s not a very fun night. Winning is fun and good. Losing is less fun than winning.

PREACH

Lol, TripleWreck is still farming Omnigul (he's kept same NF instance since before reset) and his best roll is only headseeker + hand-laid + third eye.

Insane.

Top Bottom