• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

Solo queue clash. Me on six. Not figuratively. Literally. I give up.

Ck8r9DuUkAAyv5j.jpg

0.04. ZERO POINT ZERO FOUR.

I was just happy to go positive with my whole team being comprised of stones to make me sink to a 50% winrate.
I had a similar game, last night. I was the only positive on my team. And I'm not that good.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Is ImNightly him? If so we just beat a team of him and a bunch of wreck people. That was fun. Most fun I had a while. Glad I was able to hold myself with some top tier players.

Is ImNightly him? If so we just beat a team of him and a bunch of wreck people. That was fun. Most fun I had a while. Glad I was able to hold myself with some top tier players.

I dont think he is. He was using a shotgun and teabagging me. Highly doubt it.

Blam

Solo queue clash. Me on six. Not figuratively. Literally. I give up.

Ck8r9DuUkAAyv5j.jpg

0.04. ZERO POINT ZERO FOUR.

I was just happy to go positive with my whole team being comprised of stones to make me sink to a 50% winrate.

Holy shit how the fuck does that even happen.

shermas

Check if you got strange coins. It is also a know bug that sometimes you get...nothing

#allthatworkfornothing
I once thought I got nada, but realized I picked up strange coins. I think, if you roll over crucible rep when you turn in the bounty, the four strange coins stack with your weekly reward.

One more evening of football and then 2 days break so I can finally scratch that Destiny itch.

Is anyone else needing Salvage wins for the grimoire? Wouldn't mind getting some of those over the next few days.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Logged in for the first time since like late April

They did nothing to alleviate the lag for PvP
Not even remotely adjust or see why some players were just skipping ahead

I killed a Warlock who killed me after my game said I killed him, I understand post morterm, but it said I died due to melee hit, but guy was no where near me
He was coming out of a blink, so I have no idea how he survived my barrage, while during melee me...

Jeez, coming from Overwatch makes PvP feel so slow, good grief at the lag still being a detrimental issue for Bungie in 2016

Waldini

The Crucible.

Is.

Fucking.

Broken.

Last night's recap :

Red-bards, invincible Guardians, invisible Guardians, shots not connecting. Jesus. It was horrible. Now I know there's always SOME lag in PvP in any game but this is really something else. I've seen Guardians take 2~3 shots to the face, literally wave it off and shoot me from behind a wall.

So what's the best way to progress solo at the moment, with the community being totally dead and all.
Heroic strikes?

Depends on your LL, strikes are really not on the roadmap for high LL gear.

Rank up vanguard, crucible and factions (DO, FWC, NM, Variks) for gear up to 330 light, based on your current LL. Trade consumables for faction rep for rank up packages.

CoE can drop ghost, class item and HoW exotics at 335 (again, based on your LL). Weapon and Armor from sigil completion each week. Nightfall for up to 330 legendaries or up to 335 exotics.

IB is dead, otherwise it was a good way to get drops to boost your LL.

HM Raid + challenge mode is still the best and fastest way to level up.

Logged in for the first time since like late April

They did nothing to alleviate the lag for PvP
Not even remotely adjust or see why some players were just skipping ahead

I killed a Warlock who killed me after my game said I killed him, I understand post morterm, but it said I died due to melee hit, but guy was no where near me
He was coming out of a blink, so I have no idea how he survived my barrage, while during melee me...

Jeez, coming from Overwatch makes PvP feel so slow, good grief at the lag still being a detrimental issue for Bungie in 2016

Last night's recap :

Red-bards, invincible Guardians, invisible Guardians, shots not connecting. Jesus. It was horrible. Now I know there's always SOME lag in PvP in any game but this is really something else. I've seen Guardians take 2~3 shots to the face, literally wave it off and shoot me from behind a wall.

The April update apparently broke the cruicble massively. No wonder Trials and IB have gone missing whilst it gets fixed.

I've not played any crucible since the update so have no personal experience of it. But plenty of others have complained of the same things. Lag, invisible guardians. It was meant to be fixed recently.

Waldini - with the invisible issue, if you are part of a clan it may be worth leaving and rejoining. For some crazy reason the clan tag fix that was issued seems to be causing the invisibility issues.

Waldini

The April update apparently broke the cruicble massively. No wonder Trials and IB have gone missing whilst it gets fixed.

I've not played any crucible since the update so have no personal experience of it. But plenty of others have complained of the same things. Lag, invisible guardians. It was meant to be fixed recently.

Waldini - with the invisible issue, if you are part of a clan it may be worth leaving and rejoining. For some crazy reason the clan tag fix that was issued seems to be causing the invisibility issues.

The recent patch broke almost everything somehow. Matchmaking takes forever which makes me believe they tweaked it again. I keep getting dropped in games that have a shit-ton of sweaties in them. Nothing wrong with that ... but it turns into Call of Duty real fast. Everyone rushing towards the enemy and all they do is sit in a corner, shotgun ready and take the kills.

That being said .. I fail to see why things like the Hawkmoon, Twilight Garrisson or Shadestep needed to be nerfed. There are FAR worse things happening in the world of PvP then those things. The lag, invincible Guardians, no damage etc ... are all things that SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED already.

I mean ... diversity is a good thing in Destiny. The more weapons, the better.

But Bungie keeps "screwing" it up by nerfing certain weapon-classes so shit. Auto Rifles, Handcannons .. TLW is a good weapon but nowhere near where it used to be. It actually took some skill to use. When I'm using a handcannon I feel like I'm shooting blanks most of the time. When I'm using an Auto-Rifle the damage done is minimal. Result? Switch back to my Grasp, Hawksaw or PDX. Pulse Rifles dominate PVP.

Feorax

It's worth considering that Bungie obviously feels like the Crucible has to be their main focus for the longevity of he community and the title, however their blinkered focus on always what's best for balance in PvP seems to be contributing massively to people giving up on the game.

The recent patch broke almost everything somehow. Matchmaking takes forever which makes me believe they tweaked it again. I keep getting dropped in games that have a shit-ton of sweaties in them. Nothing wrong with that ... but it turns into Call of Duty real fast. Everyone rushing towards the enemy and all they do is sit in a corner, shotgun ready and take the kills.

That being said .. I fail to see why things like the Hawkmoon, Twilight Garrisson or Shadestep needed to be nerfed. There are FAR worse things happening in the world of PvP then those things. The lag, invincible Guardians, no damage etc ... are all things that SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIXED already.

I mean ... diversity is a good thing in Destiny. The more weapons, the better.

But Bungie keeps "screwing" it up by nerfing certain weapon-classes so shit. Auto Rifles, Handcannons .. TLW is a good weapon but nowhere near where it used to be. It actually took some skill to use. When I'm using a handcannon I feel like I'm shooting blanks most of the time. When I'm using an Auto-Rifle the damage done is minimal. Result? Switch back to my Grasp, Hawksaw or PDX. Pulse Rifles dominate PVP.

TLW was massively OP, I wasn't brilliant with it and I won so many encounters even if they had the drop on me because of how powerful it was. At close range it should melt people and be effective against shotgun rushers. But it was ridiculous the range you used to be able to get on it.

Auto rifles are still effective, they just need to be used on specific maps where it is likely to be close quarters. Everyone should be able to agree that the doctrine archtype needed some fine tuning.

As it stands I feel that in the current crucible I could use most weapons I have in my vault and be competitive at my skill level. I could never say that at any point during Y1.

Hey DGAF!

I'll be taking my buddy through King's Fall (NM) for the first time today at 5pm CET / 4pm GMT / 11am ET / 8am PT. (in 3h10min time)
It'll also be my brand new Hunter's first run. :D

Anyone up for some good ol' KF semi-sherpa action?

You know what they say... if you help a guardian out, God protects a bunny. :D

You're all bored anyway and Destiny is dad, so let's help a guardian out.

Lemme know if you're in during the next couple of hours. Will check back ~30min before.

Peace. \/

edit: top of the page Hunter Master Race gif:

giphy.gif

Tjamato88

People don't spend hours farming for Grasp because "if you want to be competitive you need it". That's ridiculous. People farm because they're insane or just enjoy the process chillin with friends.

The Last Word and Thorn still dominate high level play, with maybe MIDA and Hawksaw/PDX. Grasp is viable but there's no way shape or form in which you need it to compete.

I pulled a Hawksaw last night actually. I also may have had a PDX and sharded it.

Were patrols fucking up for anyone else? I swear I launched one on Earth and I couldn't find any enemies to kill with my field test weapons.

Dave_6

Had one of these drop for the first time last night:

I'm thinking smallbore isn't a great perk to have with a HC if it doesn't have LitC. Worth keeping or shard it?

BTW had 4 or 5 of my worst PvP games ever last night. Guessing that's in part to whatever has been wrong since the update last week :/

Had one of these drop for the first time last night:

I'm thinking smallbore isn't a great perk to have with a HC if it doesn't have LitC. Worth keeping or shard it?

BTW had 4 or 5 of my worst PvP games ever last night. Guessing that's in part to whatever has been wrong since the update last week :/
Rifled/reinforced barrel or bust, sadly. Although with the recent HC buff, it might be decent now.

Top Bottom