• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

I was thinking the same thing. May try it anyways but I'll shard it afterwards and wait for another one to drop.

I couldn't believe my luck when I was clearing my vault when I found an Eyasluna with reinforced barrel, range finder and luck in the chamber. That thing was a beast before the April update.

darknil

Yesterday I went back to Crucible since my mindset was ready for Iron Banner, decided to play with Y1 weapons, Fatebringer, Praedyth's Revenge and the Gally.

Oh, how good the fatebringer feels, so so good. I even played with explosive rounds, which made me get more kills since I was not landing that not much headshots. Also, PR felt very very good.

I've tried my share of Y2 weapons, which weapons do you think feel the same as those 2?

I have an Imago Loop, not the same roll as the Fatebringer but it didn't feel like yesterday.

Tjamato88

Looking at Hawksaw it doesn't look that great. It must just be a bad roll.

I like my Lyudmila-D with Headseeker, Full Auto and either Snapshot/Hand Loaded/Injection Mold.

stay gold

I was thinking the same thing. May try it anyways but I'll shard it afterwards and wait for another one to drop.

Smallbore is fine now on Hand Cannons with good base range (like Eyasluna). I was doing very well with a Smallbore Finnala's Peril last night.

Rifled/Reinforced was only 100% necessary before because your shots would literally disappear without it, now it just lessens the damage drop off (still helpful but not necessary).

Rehsa

Played PvP last two nights working on the Crucible quest, got the weapons knocked out and on the Rumble step of the Factions quest, didn't feel like doing it at 1am lol, had enough fun with the teleporters. Used my IB hand canon for the first few games and it did alright for a couple games but had to switch to Ace of Spades to get it done.

Need to finish Rumble Skirmish and Salvage tonight it looks like, bleh. I'm just lucky I didn't run into Kadey and the rest of DGAF since I missed the train haha. Still need to do the Trials part too, RIP the Drizzay K/D, need to take a screenshot of it before it goes back to where it belongs <1

Tjamato88

Is there some kind of loophole to finish the Path of the Gunslinger quest? I'm having the hardest time getting credit for the Golden Gun kills.

shermas

Isn't it golden gun multi-kills? At least 2 per activation before it counts.

Yep. It's got to be multi-kills. Play control, wait for enemy to start capturing a control point, activate golden gun, profit.

I'm pretty stuck on my warlock, trying to get radiance multi kills. I usually get one or two grenades tossed, then I get sniped and super = over.

It says "Complete a Strike using the Golden Gun to kill at least 3 Major enemies and at least 15 enemies total"

That seems like it should be easy :shrug:
You only have to kill the majors with golden gun. The other step is just killing 15 enemies with whatever in a single strike, iirc. I would recommend doing Undying Mind as there are a lot of majors on that strike, mainly at the stairs and in the boss room.

Or the Sepiks prime strike, head to the area you spawn in on patrol and go down the stairs to the 3x Hive Majors. Farm them till you've got the super kills done then go join up with team mates for strike. Works best if you go into this with a fireteam so you get orb generation etc and dont get dragged through the strike.

Vex version of Undying Mind (or at least Vex on the walled stairs) is the easiest place to get super kills of majors. There's little reason for a team to not chain supers here.

Hey DGAF!

I'll be taking my buddy through King's Fall (NM) for the first time today at 5pm CET / 4pm GMT / 11am ET / 8am PT. (in 3h10min time)
It'll also be my brand new Hunter's first run. :D

Anyone up for some good ol' KF semi-sherpa action?

You know what they say... if you help a guardian out, God protects a bunny. :D

You're all bored anyway and Destiny is dad, so let's help a guardian out.

Lemme know if you're in during the next couple of hours. Will check back ~30min before.

Peace. /

edit: top of the page Hunter Master Race gif:

giphy.gif
Need two more for this. Anyone?

cakely

Solo queue clash. Me on six. Not figuratively. Literally. I give up.

Ck8r9DuUkAAyv5j.jpg

0.04. ZERO POINT ZERO FOUR.

I was just happy to go positive with my whole team being comprised of stones to make me sink to a 50% winrate.

I was thinking about this. If you simply took your hands off the controller, and waited for the respawn timer to time out each time you died, I don't think the other team could kill you 28 times in one game.

What's funny is there's a guy above him that managed to die 33 times.

So is it safe to assume that when people don't list what platform they're recruiting players for, it's generally PS4? I play on both consoles but have been gravitating towards Xbox recently to get my characters ready for Moments of Triumph 2.0.

How many of you all play on X1, anyways? :O

Hey DGAF!

I'll be taking my buddy through King's Fall (NM) for the first time today at 5pm CET / 4pm GMT / 11am ET / 8am PT. (in 3h10min time)
It'll also be my brand new Hunter's first run. :D

Anyone up for some good ol' KF semi-sherpa action?

You know what they say... if you help a guardian out, God protects a bunny. :D

You're all bored anyway and Destiny is dad, so let's help a guardian out.

Lemme know if you're in during the next couple of hours. Will check back ~30min before.

Peace. \/

edit: top of the page Hunter Master Race gif:

giphy.gif

Tried to get back to destiny as well, but everybody has stopped playing and the few that continue only do hard mode.

At 322 light, I can't do hard mode.

When is this raid supposed to happen?

Edit: Wait, it's right now? Crap, i'd need at least 15 minutes to get home so never mind.

Arrrammis

So is it safe to assume that when people don't list what platform they're recruiting players for, it's generally PS4? I play on both consoles but have been gravitating towards Xbox recently to get my characters ready for Moments of Triumph 2.0.

How many of you all play on X1, anyways? :O

Yeah, most people here are on PS4. I believe there is a list in the OP of Xbox players, but I'm not sure how many of those people are still active.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you're out there eizarus... You have til I get off work today to post/PM me about whether or not you can make a newbie raid on Saturday at 3:00pm eastern or else I gotta clear the list so I can open the form to others. Sorry :[
Tried to get back to destiny as well, but everybody has stopped playing and the few that continue only do hard mode.

Edit: Wait, it's right now? Crap, i'd need at least 15 minutes to get home so never mind.
Uh. Can you make a Normal mode newbie raid on Saturday at 3:00pm eastern?

edit: also 322 light is more than fine for Hard mode, though I certainly wouldn't recommend it for your first time.

Right now.
Still waiting on boombloxer's PSN.
But you're in if you want. FCFS... :D

Edit: oh, nvm.

Arrrammis

isn't hard mode 340?

Edit: Sorry 335.

Nope, hard mode is light level 320. 320 was the original light level cap at the start of the Taken King expansion, but in the April update the level cap increased to 335, but the raid hard mode is still 320. The only thing you're not completely leveled for is the Challenge of Elders, and CoE isn't hard at all. You would still be able to go through it super easily in a group at light level 322.

It drops up to 335 gear. Enemies are capped at 320. You're actually over-leveled.

Da fuck. I had no idea. in my defense, this makes no sense actually.

Glad to hear it tho, i'll try to raid tonight.

Nope, hard mode is light level 320. 320 was the original light level cap at the start of the Taken King expansion, but in the April update the level cap increased to 335, but the raid hard mode is still 320. The only thing you're not completely leveled for is the Challenge of Elders, and CoE isn't hard at all. You would still be able to go through it super easily in a group at light level 322.

I think i've done CoE a few times now. I find it boring and the loot didn't excite me so i'm not interested.

nope
nope.

Hey join johnny's group if you can!

Shame about this WORK business or I'd be glad to jump in to help you guys.

I'd love to, but i'm at work as well... Destiny used to be a great excuse to leave work but I don't feel as compelled to do that at this point.

I'll try to raid tonight tho.

Can I ask why people think that Third Eye is such a good perk? I feel like it's completely unnecessary as you can just zoom out briefly to check your radar and then immediately zoom back in. A lot of people were calling the Grasp roll that I posted a couple pages a god roll (RED DOT-ORES, Counterbalance, Braced Frame and Third Eye) but I'd honestly rather have Feeding Frenzy or something else that actually impacts how the gun is fired.

EDIT: aaaaay top of the page. meme tiem!

9qhUZOs.jpg

Blam

Can I ask why people think that Third Eye is such a good perk? I feel like it's completely unnecessary as you can just zoom out briefly to check your radar and then immediately zoom back in. A lot of people were calling the Grasp roll that I posted a couple pages a god roll (RED DOT-ORES, Counterbalance, Braced Frame and Third Eye) but I'd honestly rather have Feeding Frenzy or something else that actually impacts how the gun is fired.

Because you zooming out could kill you, or if you wanna camp and be ready then you can just sit there.

EDIT: aaaaay top of the page. meme tiem!

9qhUZOs.jpg

With third eye whilst you are in one engagement you can be aware of where the next threat is coming from. It isn't third eye that makes yours a god roll. It is the counter balance and braced frame. Personally I would rather have third eye than feeding frenzy. But I would be over the moon with either roll to be honest.

Because you zooming out could kill you, or if you wanna camp and be ready then you can just sit there.

With third eye whilst you are in one engagement you can be aware of where the next threat is coming from. It isn't third eye that makes yours a god roll. It is the counter balance and braced frame. Personally I would rather have third eye than feeding frenzy. But I would be over the moon with either roll to be honest.

Fair enough. I play a lot of competitive Halo and spend most of my Destiny time playing Trials so I feel like my awareness is good enough without the perk. Not to mention that it's basically an empty slot in Inferno modes, which are my favourite PvP modes in Destiny.

SonComet

Can I ask why people think that Third Eye is such a good perk? I feel like it's completely unnecessary as you can just zoom out briefly to check your radar and then immediately zoom back in. A lot of people were calling the Grasp roll that I posted a couple pages a god roll (RED DOT-ORES, Counterbalance, Braced Frame and Third Eye) but I'd honestly rather have Feeding Frenzy or something else that actually impacts how the gun is.

If I had to hazard a guess, I would assume that it's because it makes it easier to land the first shot or even pre-fire if that's a thing with the Malok. I know a lot of streamers would pre-fire with the doctrine and I would assume fast pulses may have a similar strategy. I personally think it's a better perk on slower weapons like Nirwens.

Kaiken

Banned
Just getting back in the game after a month but have a quick question. Have they increased that rate in which you level up factions? Is there a new way to farm faction levels these days?

Top Bottom